2020 Lincoln Navigator Order Guide

Liking the Pristine White over the Platinum white. Also will be interested to see the black rims on the monochromatic package. Not so such about the body color mesh grille though! The new silver (silver radiance) will also be of interest to me. No Select Trim anymore which makes a lot more things standard.

Monochromatic Package – unique array for Navigator

Reserve (208A)
○ 22” 12-Spoke Ebony Black Painted Wheel
○ Grille–UniqueBody-ColorMeshGrille
○ Sideview Mirror – Body-Color Painted Cap

Note: Available only with Infinite Black, Pristine White and Ceramic Pearl Exterior Paints

On 7/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Husker4theSpurs said:

Now please do something about rear entertainment and bring the PHEV option and I'll be happy!

I'll take a bluetooth module that doesn't randomly disconnect and better body panel alignment while they are at it.

9 hours ago, bcparker2 said:

I'll take a bluetooth module that doesn't randomly disconnect and better body panel alignment while they are at it.

Agreed on the panel alignment.  Every time I fill the gas tank I look down the truck and you can see the front fender sticking out a good 1/4" from the door.  

One thing I really want fixed is with the audio controls.  Right now I can't have XM and FM stations on the same preset "line".  So you have to select XM to get to your XM presets and FM to get to your FM presets.  Then if you have more than 6 presets you have to select a different preset menu to access those presets.  Talk about annoying and dangerous.  If you are using Waze it's 6-7 steps to change the radio station!  And yes you can use the steering controls to change stations- but only within the current 6 presets you have selected.  

17 minutes ago, Emilner said:

Right now I can't have XM and FM stations on the same preset "line".  So you have to select XM to get to your XM presets and FM to get to your FM presets.  Then if you have more than 6 presets you have to select a different preset menu to access those presets.  Talk about annoying and dangerous.  If you are using Waze it's 6-7 steps to change the radio station!  And yes you can use the steering controls to change stations- but only within the current 6 presets you have selected.  

If you use Waze with applink there are no extra steps compared to factory nav.

i agree on having more customization on the stations - should at least have 12 or more presets at a time and being able to mix media would be nice.

but I don’t understand why you’d want FM if you have satellite.  I can’t stand all the commercials.

Just now, akirby said:

If you use Waze with applink there are no extra steps compared to factory nav.

i agree on having more customization on the stations - should at least have 12 or more presets at a time and being able to mix media would be nice.

but I don’t understand why you’d want FM if you have satellite.  I can’t stand all the commercials.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong- I use Waze in CarPlay.  To get back to radio you have to get out of waze, scroll one page over and select lincoln then that gets you back to audio.  Is there another way of using waze?  

I don't know why they don't let you continue scrolling to other presets when in say XM.  Now you have to load the next set of presents.  I mean, come on- just go the the next set lol.  

I listen to a local station on FM that play classic rock and have a great morning show.   And I'm often in the Hudson Valley which has a fantastic station WRRV.  

4 hours ago, akirby said:

...I don’t understand why you’d want FM if you have satellite.  I can’t stand all the commercials.

(FWIW, I have the upgraded audio system in my Nautilus, but still listen mostly to Sirius/XM for convenience and no commercials. I'm considering trying out Tidal, however.)

If you have the super premium audio system, you'll get a better audio quality from HD radio than from Sirius/XM. However, Lincoln's new deal (what is it, 6 month free trial?) with Tidal HD streaming service might be the best of the three.

Edited by Gurgeh

Our Volvo doesn't have AM radio and I have to say I miss it ... especially for local sports radio and postgame Husker talk. FM is good for local HS sports too. Or course I can just stream it on my phone, but it's more trouble to do that.

I hadn't heard about all the panel alignment issues. I was super close to getting one last year and have been glad I held off. I think I will be back in the market in a year or two. We have two toddlers and a minivan currently and it's just too convenient with those sliding doors and the like to give up while they are still small. I really would rather be driving a Navigator though ... we will use it for road trips with the in laws, so I feel like we need to go with the L but I'm not sure about driving that around and negotiating parking lots and the like.

9 hours ago, Emilner said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong- I use Waze in CarPlay.  To get back to radio you have to get out of waze, scroll one page over and select lincoln then that gets you back to audio.  Is there another way of using waze?   

Don’t use CarPlay - disable it.   Start Waze on your phone then plug the phone in and it should prompt you.  If not go to apps or applink in the menu and connect,  Waze now replaces sync 3 nav (the nav button even changes to Waze).  Works great.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Don’t use CarPlay - disable it.   Start Waze on your phone then plug the phone in and it should prompt you.  If not go to apps or applink in the menu and connect,  Waze now replaces sync 3 nav (the nav button even changes to Waze).  Works great.

Thanks, I will try that this week.

• 2 weeks later...

I see where the 2020 Aviator is available with retractable rear window sun shades.  I have these on my 2016 XC90 and was surprised that my 2018 Navigator doesn’t have them. I was hoping the 2020 Navigator would add them so I could retrofit, but I guess not. Kind of a disappointment in an otherwise nice vehicle. 

• 2 months later...