• F-Series

For Trucks 2022 (?):

• F-Series
  • Electric F-Series
  • Ranger
  • Bronco Pickup
  • Rivian Derived Pickup

Missing the small TC based Pickup...

Speaking of GM...the Escalade is supposed to get a BEV with 400 mile range in a few years...I'd assume the Navigator and Expedition would be sharing the BEV package with the F-150 also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Speaking of GM...the Escalade is supposed to get a BEV with 400 mile range in a few years...I'd assume the Navigator and Expedition would be sharing the BEV package with the F-150 also. 

Oh jeez, of course! 

They had to get rid of cars because there's no room left on the lot for them!  ?

On 7/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, twintornados said:

I would say that GE locomotives are the best example of hybrid technology in the market today...been doing it for over two decades.

Diesel-electric locomotives have been around since before WWII. The Balao-class subs used the same Fairbanks-Morse diesel-electrics as the railroad locomotives.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Diesel-electric locomotives have been around since before WWII. The Balao-class subs used the same Fairbanks-Morse diesel-electrics as the railroad locomotives.

Good info SoonerLS sir. Hybrid cars also go back a long time. Ferdinand Porsche developed a hybrid car in 1900.

800px-Lohner_Porsche.jpg

8 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

8 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Good info SoonerLS sir. Hybrid cars also go back a long time. Ferdinand Porsche developed a hybrid car in 1900.

Well, for what it's worth, I did say "today".....lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

and given that the eF150 has IRS, it would be a no brain extension to the SUV top hats.

6 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Flip it around - maybe they used the SUV frame for the F150e because it already has IRS, and made it easier to engineer the battery pack in between the rails.

It’s a different platform, electric skateboard chassis with F150 top Hat, SUB is just an extensi of the idea.

Edited by jpd80

On 7/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, twintornados said:

I would say that GE locomotives are the best example of hybrid technology in the market today...been doing it for over two decades.

Related image

Serial hybrid with no battery storage or regenerative breaking? (And no, dynamic breaking is not regenerative breaking). SO basic! 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford has said publicly the EV F150 was on its own platform.

Correct,  it has completely different chassis and layout for batteries and motor drives
the great opportunity here is to apply existing top hats onto the EV base for massive cost saving..

Much easier to do that with BOF construction but I wonder if Rivian Platform is now
answer for what to do with unitary Explorer as I suspect the BEV for Lincolns can't cover that.
or could we see BOF construction make a "come back" of sorts in BEVs?

I recon Ford and GM will sort all the production logistics out with BEVs and leave Tesla in their wake,
well, insignificant and foundering over lack of funds and resources, how's that for a massive prediction....

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, Noah Harbinger said:

Serial hybrid with no battery storage or regenerative breaking? (And no, dynamic breaking is not regenerative breaking). SO basic! 

The later GEs have a gen set and battery storage, a lot like an extended range BEV,
batteries supply power for traction as needed and smaller engine just charges to batteries.

Edited by jpd80

Notice they pull railcars - steel wheel on steel rail has about the lowest coefficient of rolling resistance, and railcars have good axle bearings to lower friction even more. Notice they did not pull a haul truck on rubber tires-  much more drawbar pull required.

4 hours ago, lfeg said:

Notice they pull railcars - steel wheel on steel rail has about the lowest coefficient of rolling resistance, and railcars have good axle bearings to lower friction even more. Notice they did not pull a haul truck on rubber tires-  much more drawbar pull required.

image.png.94e84649f32e337b3463a6dccccb85c5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1