Hello from the Seattle area!

TOYOTAGUYS

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Welcome...interesting screen name. ;)

Even though I have a ford I'm still a diehard toyota guy! (Ford is my second brand choice). I gotta carry over my username from the toyota forums that I am still active on haha ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Even though I have a ford I'm still a diehard toyota guy! (Ford is my second brand choice). I gotta carry over my username from the toyota forums that I am still active on haha ?

Welcome nonetheless!  I’m glad you picked a Ford this time though?

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Picked up this 2017 Fusion SE 1.5 EcoBoost with the Luxury Package a couple weeks! Only had 17,8xx when we picked it up, and I recently washed, and waxed it. 

20190723_173734(2)-01.jpeg

Once you learn the hair conditioner trick (especially nice on that darker shade of gray), you will never wax again, and you will hate yourself for all the time in your life you spent waxing cars...

Congrats on the Ford- welcome home Toyota guy! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, Kev-Mo said:

Once you learn the hair conditioner trick (especially nice on that darker shade of gray), you will never wax again, and you will hate yourself for all the time in your life you spent waxing cars...

Congrats on the Ford- welcome home Toyota guy! 

Sorry for the really late reply, but thanks for the tip. I never knew that was such a thing! Lol

Does hair conditioner offer the same protection/things as wax? 

4 hours ago, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Sorry for the really late reply, but thanks for the tip. I never knew that was such a thing! Lol

Does hair conditioner offer the same protection/things as wax? 

Method 1. Once your car is clean, put 2 cups of water in a bucket and add about half a cup of hair conditioner. Smooth it over your car with your trusty microfiber cloth. Then lightly rinse it with hose and polish with a dry  microfiber cloth.

Method 2.  After you wash your car and rinse, while it is still wet, squeeze hair conditioner into a damp face size terry cloth.  Wipe the wet surface to a very light haze.  Polish dry with a large soft terry or microfiber cloth.

Best part is you can get it on the glass, chrome and plastic trim with no dust residue or embedded wax.  Just wipe it all to a an amazing finish.,  Then take that facecloth and do your dash and console - anything!  It is amazing. 

Use cheap hair conditioner with lanolin.  The scent is up to you :) 

• Thanks 1