Baby Bronco spotted testing

24 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Correct - least part of the equation.  I think lots of vehicles are insanely desirable and very cool looking. But when I actually put down the $$ its mostly for other reasons.

All my vehicles need to be in this order: 

1.  Made in the USA by an American based company.

2.  Have the capability to haul and perform in all 4 seasons of the Mountain West (i.e. Tow their rated capacity through the Ike Gauntlet >11,000 ft above sea level, on the hottest summer day, and safely navigate Rabbit Ears Pass in a snowstorm) 

3. Have a Keypad entry (that pretty  much narrows any purchase down to a Ford).

4. I need to see a balance of value vs. price and like the way it looks.  I prefer color over shades of black and white -but I never buy on looks alone or being cool. 

My family truckster is 2008 EB Explorer (in metallic dark cherry) 110k miles (we have other vehicles for daily chores that share the miles).  It's taken the family and towed the camper to nearly every major National Park in the Mountain and Desert West, and regular trips to Steamboat and Colorado winter sports destinations.  It is non-offensive, and arguably 'handsome', but FAR from 'cool'.   That should fully explain, and no apologies from me. 

It's just me -everyone is different and I am more different than most.  (that's not my truck but a grab off the internet of the same model, I would never put those window things on anything I own)

I totally get that for you, but most buyers don't care about any of those things (most will never tow anything).   What they typically care about is styling and cool features like removable doors and top or just unique styling.  The next question is simply "can I afford it" - which in a lot of cases simply means the monthly payment.  If the answer is yes they buy it.  They don't think about reliability or tow capacity or maintenance.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That sentence made my brain hurt.

Sorry for the dyslexia, I changed my answer on iPhone and missed the edit cut off...

When you think Bronco and performance, think upper engines in Explorer and Aviator

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Sorry for the dyslexia, I changed my answer on iPhone and missed the edit cut off...

When you think Bronco and performance, think upper engines in Explorer and Aviator

Oh I see.

I meant in the general sense of baby Bronco will appeal to more on-road buyers, meaning it'll be more geared specifically that way, whereas Bronco will definitely perform well there, but have an enhanced capability offroad above and beyond baby Bronco.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I meant in the general sense of baby Bronco will appeal to more on-road buyers, meaning it'll be more geared specifically that way, whereas Bronco will definitely perform well there, but have an enhanced capability offroad above and beyond baby Bronco.

Just like Cherokee/Renegade vs. Wrangler

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I totally get that for you, but most buyers don't care about any of those things (most will never tow anything).   What they typically care about is styling and cool features like removable doors and top or just unique styling.  The next question is simply "can I afford it" - which in a lot of cases simply means the monthly payment.  If the answer is yes they buy it.  They don't think about reliability or tow capacity or maintenance.

I strongly agree with you -  Yet towing is the center of advertising for most all trucks and most SUV ads focus on function - go figure!  At the end of the day the ad really just wants you to think its great looking and cool.  Again I agree with what most people buy in a new vehile -style and emotion (I read Bob Lutz;s book).

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Oh I see.

I get the feeling that both will have broad appeal for a lot of buyers, on sealed roads as well as desert running, maybe a bit of rock crawling for those who must in the T6 Bronco

Edited by jpd80

11 minutes ago, J-150 said:

Let's be realistic. Wranglers and Land Rovers are pavement queens. If they go mud bogging, they are several years old.

Very few buy a $40k+ vehicle to trash it.

Exactly!

I just hope Ford threads the needle when it comes to comfort vs off road capabilities with the Bronco. I don't plan on off roading with mine, just looking for something that is good in the snow when that happens, but I do like the convertible like options it should offer-but I also want to be quiet when I have a hard top on it 90% of the time. 

• Like 1

ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.jford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.j

Motor1 has some new spy pics. They seem to believe that the baby bronco will also have the same interior as the escape. In the interior pic, it uses the same steering wheel, but there’s not much else you can see. It looks like it might have a tablet style screen too. On the exterior pic, it looks like it does have a handle right below the wiper on the back window so it looks like it will have rear glass that opens up.

Sorry, I tried to post the link but the copy and paste isn’t working for some reason on my phone.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.jford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.j

Motor1 has some new spy pics. They seem to believe that the baby bronco will also have the same interior as the escape. In the interior pic, it uses the same steering wheel, but there’s not much else you can see. It looks like it might have a tablet style screen too. On the exterior pic, it looks like it does have a handle right below the wiper on the back window so it looks like it will have rear glass that opens up.

Sorry, I tried to post the link but the copy and paste isn’t working for some reason on my phone.

It doesn't have the same interior. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

^ to his point, what’s the point of giving every vehicle a unique steering wheel? That literally means nothing, especially since it's a prototype. 

I wasn’t saying it had the same interior, just pointing out the fact that another source was spreading that same rumor. My explorer has that same steering wheel too. 

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Those two gauges on the door, are they going to be in the final vehicle? Or are they there for testing purposes?

14 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Considering the source, we should consider this rumor settled. Thanks PD!

Trying to stop the craziness from growing legs, one day at a time. 

Seriously though, the big, vertical HVAC vents flanking the larger screen should have been all they needed to see. But to each their own. 

50 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Trying to stop the craziness from growing legs, one day at a time. 

Seriously though, the big, vertical HVAC vents flanking the larger screen should have been all they needed to see. But to each their own. 

Frame of reference

2020 Escape:

Image result for 2020 escape dash

Baby Bronco

ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.j

If anything the Baby Bronco dash is somewhat similar to the 2019 Escape without the CD slot on top. Though it does have the same switch gear as the 2020 Escape-you can see to the left of the laptop screen it has the same HVAC (?)control as the 2020 Escape in the same position

Edited by silvrsvt

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Frame of reference

2020 Escape:

Image result for 2020 escape dash

Baby Bronco

ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.j

If anything the Baby Bronco dash is somewhat similar to the 2019 Escape without the CD slot on top. Though it does have the same switch gear as the 2020 Escape-you can see to the left of the laptop screen it has the same HVAC (?)control as the 2020 Escape in the same position

EB7DA6CF-97F3-4987-BA66-6D2D85FB17AC.jpeg

you can see the volume knob for the radio as well which looks similar in placement to the escape. If the vents are on the side of the touchscreen, I wonder what they are putting between the hvac and radio controls?

Edited by T-dubz