Well since no one is gonna post it... (XT6 Reviews)

Sales King  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Aviator or XT6 in the lead for the American sales crown?

Have been SURPRISINGLY positive!

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Sport-2.jpg?impolicy=e

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/cadillac/xt6/2020/2020-cadillac-xt6-first-drive-review/

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/29/2020-cadillac-xt6-sport-first-drive-review/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/07/the-2020-cadillac-xt6-better-than-an-escalade-in-every-way/

2020 CADILLAC XT6 FIRST DRIVE REVIEW: OUT-ESCALADING ESCALADE

The three-row king of the Cadillac crest

2020 Cadillac XT6 Sport First Drive Review | An unexpectedly strong performer

Refined and capable

The 2020 Cadillac XT6: Better than an Escalade in every way

Still I am underwhelmed by every bit of it. I would of course choose an XC90 over it, and of course the Aviator which I suspect will dominate in it's price class.

At this point, it's as much of a buick as the Aviator is an Explorer (just making the point of that narrative being tired :-P)

And I could be wrong but I think it's based off the Acadia and not the Enclave platform.

They definitely phoned this thing in with design and quality short cuts, but it's a hell of a phone call where it counts apparently, though if I was in the market I would think twice about it. 

4 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Acadia and Enclave are the same platform. 

Well yeah theyre on the same basic architecture, just as the Edge/Fusion/Continental etc. are on the same basic architecture but the dimensions of these vehicles are vastly different. Just making the point that this isn't just a rebadge or reskin of Buick.

27 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Haha no man we're on the same side. 
I just know we all get annoyed when publications call out the ford underbones of a lincoln, but we're doing the same thing with GM here. Just saying. 

With absolute glee.....the GM loyalists started it, but hate it when you throw it back in their face with a Cadillac...they lose their minds. :lol2: 

I wouldn't necessarily dub these reviews as "surprisingly positive." Motor Trend and arsTechnica, for example, kept comparing it to the Escalade, not any of its direct competitors. I would hope that this crossover would be better than the current Escalade, which is scheduled to be replaced in the very near future.

No doubt the XT6 is a good vehicle, but that is because the basic platform is solid. Whether it is fully competitive with its chief competitors - which will NOT include the current Escalade - remains to be seen. These reviews don't tell us that.

Edited by grbeck

SuperCruise autonomous driving technology will be offered on Cadillac XT6 starting next year. This makes XT6 "future ready" and distinguishes it from competitors. Car and Driver says Cadillac "still intends for its Super Cruise, along with electric propulsion technology, to establish a reputation as a technology leader among luxury automakers." https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28539802/cadillac-xt6-super-cruise-hands-free-driving/

It's like Cadillac has the opposite opinion with utilities compared to its cars, thy'er either all or nothing.

Simcoe is a car freak, loves cars helped develop zeta commodore, all the alphas and Omega CT6
but absolutely detests SUVs and made sure that none of the car platforms could be used for them.

Edited by jpd80

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Simcoe is a car freak, loves cars helped develop zeta commodore, all the alphas and Omega CT6
but absolutely detests SUVs and made sure that none of the car platforms could be used for them.

Michael Simcoe is a genius in the automotive design world. Australia must be proud to have him, a graduate of Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, as GM's VP of Global Design.

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Michael Simcoe is a genius in the automotive design world. Australia must be proud to have him, a graduate of Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, as GM's VP of Global Design.

What makes him a genius?

not being disrespectful here but I think vehicle development is the sum total of many talented people, not just the guy getting the big bucks at the top. 

A lot of those talented ex-Holden engineers ended up working on the Ford T6 projects being run out of Melbourne Australia.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1