Ford Files Trademark For Bronco Outer Banks, Bronco Big Bend

The Outer Banks is known for its wild horses in the dunes and Big Bend National Park allows you to bring, ride and camp with your own horses... so in that respect these wilderness areas make sense for some of the Bronco option package names.  I think Bronco Sport would be a better name for the baby Bronco.

Edited by CoolScoop

15 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

The Outer Banks is known for its wild horses in the dunes and Big Bend National Park allows you to bring, ride and camp with your own horses... so in that respect these wilderness areas make sense for some of the Bronco option package names.  I think Bronco Sport would be a better name for the baby Bronco.

I know the names make sense, they just aren’t very cool. It’s like naming it the “Bronco Yellowstone National Park” or something.

11 hours ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/362553/ford-bronco-trademark-filings/

Cant say that I really like any of these names. The article mentions bronco sport as well. As generic as that sounds, it’s still better than big bend or outer banks.

It was also a real trim in the final gen, so it fits the history, despite being generic as you say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

maybe they will be distinctive interior and exterior kits, ala King Ranch, Eddie Bauer.....etc etc... 

I thought Ford's mantra was simplifying the building and ordering process for new Products. Given how the Bronco is going to be positioned, I wonder how much of the stuff is going to fall on the dealer to be installed?

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

I thought Ford's mantra was simplifying the building and ordering process for new Products. Given how the Bronco is going to be positioned, I wonder how much of the stuff is going to fall on the dealer to be installed?

I mean.  You could still have a package that offers a unique leather/seating finish combo and some other minor things (think King Ranch, which is basically just a unique leather seats) that isn't a major change.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I mean.  You could still have a package that offers a unique leather/seating finish combo and some other minor things (think King Ranch, which is basically just a unique leather seats) that isn't a major change.

Right, but still adding a change to the product can lower quality since its more complex to build overall. Not saying its a bad thing-but once you start adding all these different things, it becomes a 42 page ordering guide like the Transit or F-series ;)

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

King ranch and Eddie Bauer were just two tone and slightly different interiors... nothing too complex about that...much like the mustang Bullit...

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Right, but still adding a change to the product can lower quality since its more complex to build overall. Not saying its a bad thing-but once you start adding all these different things, it becomes a 42 page ordering guide like the Transit or F-series ;)

Appearance packages are pretty easy.

Ford pisses me off with their package restrictions, I recently tried to build a GT convertible, and to add the ambient lighting required REMOVING the red leather seats I wanted.... Wtf?

Also couldn't get a simple spoiler without nuking my build.

Very disappointing process.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Ford pisses me off with their package restrictions, I recently tried to build a GT convertible, and to add the ambient lighting required REMOVING the red leather seats I wanted.... Wtf?

Also couldn't get a simple spoiler without nuking my build.

Very disappointing process.

so you're building a GT Premium with the 401A package (to get the red leather seats), according to the order guide (both 2019 and 2020) ambient lighting is standard. Might be a glitch with the Build & Price.

HRG

here's a window sticker as an example,,,, ambient lighting listed as standard equipment under interior

Mustang.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy