2019 Lincoln Navigator mirror

LynnAnn

Reaching out to anybody that is having issues with the passenger and driver side mirrors. If your mirrors are having trouble opening and adjusting to saved memory. This is a problem and the parts to fix this are on back order until August 23. I am assuming after receiving this information from our dealership that other owners are experiencing the same issue. After research on this site as well as their Facebook page: other owners are having the same problem. The unfortunate part for us: this is the second tine we brought it in for this issue and the first time they didn’t do anything and this time they were prepared to return the vehicle back to us. They told us the issue would not repeat and we have video to back up our claim. Be persistent with your dealership to fix it. They are replacing both of our modules. I also had my steering wheel not go back to the memory position. Again this is not consistent but other owners have experienced this problem.  Hope this post will help other owners. 

Shoot...same here 2018 Reserve about 29k miles.  Initially had the side mirrors clicking and not resetting to Saved profile positions, as well as the seat settings not being recalled correctly.  Had this issue “fixed” after numerous attempts as the dealer finally resolved the issue. 

But about a week ago, the mirrors started clicking again and not returning to set position - and now the seat is the same way...every time I get in I have to manually move everything into position.  Even though I again Save the positions, they don’t hold.

Please update with your dealer visit results.  I’m planning on scheduling an appt as well.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with both side mirrors on my 2018 Navigator.  Anywhere from 25% to 50% of the time one or both of them will start clicking instead of returning to the proper position.  They adjust just fine as soon as I move them manually, so this must be some sort of software/electronic problem as opposed to a physical part going bad.

I tried to get the dealer to fix it at my most recent service, but they said they couldn't reproduce it and didn't have time to do more at that service.

I now am taking videos (when I remember to) as it happens so I'll have evidence for them.

It is really annoying.

Edited by ozymandias
added year of suv

3 hours ago, boredinbirmingham said:

I read something about this on another forum and the fix is TSB# SSM 47385.  Having mine addressed at next service which is coming up soon.  I’ll report back on how it goes.

Hmmm this posting says TSB SSM 47385 is for an oil pan leak:  https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=8122.0

I'll be interested to see what your dealer does and if they are successful in fixing the clicking mirrors!

Edited by ozymandias

• akirby changed the title to 2019 Lincoln Navigator mirror

My mirrors and steering wheel resetting to lowest position it happens when profiles change between mine and my wife's. I'm the daily driver so it's only an issue every 3 or 4 weeks but it is consistent. Hope the get a fix soon. 

Edited by bcparker2

21 hours ago, ozymandias said:

Hmmm this posting says TSB SSM 47385 is for an oil pan leak:  https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=8122.0

I'll be interested to see what your dealer does and if they are successful in fixing the clicking mirrors!

Clearly that’s the wrong one.... I’ll have to find the correct one... SO SORRY!

21 hours ago, ozymandias said:

It should be SSM 47835... I can’t find anything on that on googles...  anyway, he stated it involved reprogramming EDM and PDM modules.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, turbo2424 said:

I am having same issue been in to dealer 3 times, changed door modules last time when it was at dealer for a week, it did not totally resole issue. the steering wheel memory is aa lot better, the passenger side mirror  does its thing about every 2 weeks

On 10/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, bcparker2 said:

My mirrors and steering wheel resetting to lowest position it happens when profiles change between mine and my wife's. I'm the daily driver so it's only an issue every 3 or 4 weeks but it is consistent. Hope the get a fix soon. 

I had my dealership replace both mirror modules.  Side note: the modules were on back order... says something.  Replacing the modules  did not work. I have three videos of them clicking.  I now have reposition the mirrors to my setting. The steering wheel does not always go back to my setting. The air/heat settings do not stay on dual. I change the heat or cool and both sides go up or down. I have to go into the settings and push dual.  The drivers side heat/cool seat is not working. The engine noise is horrible. The rear sensors are not working properly. The radio sometimes goes to XM (I do not subscribe to XM) the tailgate bounces when you close a door. We thought it wasn’t latched properly... not the case.  My dealership is probably annoyed with me at this point. Every time I take it in for a specific reason... I get it back with everything is fine or I looked at the one on our lot and the engine sounds like that. They will not let me drive the one on the lot. I do not believe Lincoln designed the engine to sound like that.  I am trying to upload engine and it is too large.  Any feedback would be great.