Signing Bonus?

Chassisgroupleader, members like you are why there is a two tier pay system in the union. Your selfishness is sad. I am sure you have never voted against a national contract.Just remember these two tier employees will be in the majority within 10 years. They are going to remember people like you, unfortunately everyone pays for people who will not stand up for what is right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fmco76 said:

Chassisgroupleader, members like you are why there is a two tier pay system in the union. Your selfishness is sad. I am sure you have never voted against a national contract.Just remember these two tier employees will be in the majority within 10 years. They are going to remember people like you, unfortunately everyone pays for people who will not stand up for what is right. 

In a year or so 2nd Tier will be the majority.
Right now there are only about 4,000 more Legacy than 2nd Tier Company wide.....

I’m a tier 2 worker and I want the signing bonus now!!! I’ll sign whatever it takes to get it. Legacy workers don’t have student loan debt to deal with. They had 20-30 years of Ford money (not counting layoffs). There’s no excuse for them screwing up their money. I’m trying to build what they have, not strike because they want better health benefits or whatever. My generation is already screwed because there’s people won’t retire, I won’t let them take money from me!!

Edited by 95Triway
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 95Triway said:

There’s no excuse for them screwing up their money. 

This in itself is a pretty ignorant and overly generalized statement. Sure there's some that over the years have done a piss poor job of managing their money, just like there's plenty in our generation that can't manage our money. I admit I try to manage my money pretty well (rather I let my wife take care of it since she has an accounting degree and my degree is in audio engineering) but guess what? I have my own student loans I've been paying off for the last 10 years. It really bothers me that has become such a gripe amongst millennials and gen z. Student loans in concept aren't the problem, it's a system that does a shit job in educating people on how to manage money and the 1% that are more than happy to take advantage of that with interest rates that are higher than most mortgages these days. Rising secondary education costs definitely don't help that. 

To your last point about some people that have been around forever who don't want to/won't retire, tough shit. That's not a problem unique to us and until it makes sense for them to retire, financially or otherwise there's nothing requiring them to leave. Sure it sucks (trust me, I have literally been the lowest seniority in my plant since I hired in back in 2013, with no signs of that changing for another year at least) but some day you’re going to find yourself in that position of being at retirement age and having to seriously look at your situation and make that decision. As nice as it sounds, 30 and out just doesn't always make sense, especially now that we have the TESPHE instead of the pension that the legacy members have(which I know is another point of contention). 

Bottom line is to take that attitude of signing whatever it takes to get a short term payment is completely foolish. I know it's nice to have that big chunk of change to knock down some bills or whatever (I like you am planning on doing the same thing whenever we get that), but for the love of god don't shoot yourself or the rest of us in the foot to get it. A bad deal is a bad deal no matter how big that carrot is that gets dangled in front of you. Make an educated decision. Like it or not that contract effects every single one of us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This in itself is a pretty ignorant and overly generalized statement. Sure there's some that over the years have done a piss poor job of managing their money, just like there's plenty in our generation that can't manage our money. I admit I try to manage my money pretty well (rather I let my wife take care of it since she has an accounting degree and my degree is in audio engineering) but guess what? I have my own student loans I've been paying off for the last 10 years. It really bothers me that has become such a gripe amongst millennials and gen z. Student loans in concept aren't the problem, it's a system that does a shit job in educating people on how to manage money and the 1% that are more than happy to take advantage of that with interest rates that are higher than most mortgages these days. Rising secondary education costs definitely don't help that. 

To your last point about some people that have been around forever who don't want to/won't retire, tough shit. That's not a problem unique to us and until it makes sense for them to retire, financially or otherwise there's nothing requiring them to leave. Sure it sucks (trust me, I have literally been the lowest seniority in my plant since I hired in back in 2013, with no signs of that changing for another year at least) but some day you’re going to find yourself in that position of being at retirement age and having to seriously look at your situation and make that decision. As nice as it sounds, 30 and out just doesn't always make sense, especially now that we have the TESPHE instead of the pension that the legacy members have(which I know is another point of contention). 

Bottom line is to take that attitude of signing whatever it takes to get a short term payment is completely foolish. I know it's nice to have that big chunk of change to knock down some bills or whatever (I like you am planning on doing the same thing whenever we get that), but for the love of god don't shoot yourself or the rest of us in the foot to get it. A bad deal is a bad deal no matter how big that carrot is that gets dangled in front of you. Make an educated decision. Like it or not that contract effects every single one of us.

This was very eloquently said, but I’m sorry it has to fall on such deaf ears because I don’t care what’s in the contract as long I’m still working and the signing bonus is there. Everyone’s situation is different that’s understandable but I’m not risking a steady paycheck to fight for things I don’t care about. I already have two side hustles just to live a similar lifestyle to people that have been making $30 per hour for 15-20 yrs. I just got to this point and now I’m supposed to stick my neck out for them?? Not happening, sorry. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 95Triway said:

I’m a tier 2 worker and I want the signing bonus now!!! I’ll sign whatever it takes to get it. Legacy workers don’t have student loan debt to deal with. They had 20-30 years of Ford money (not counting layoffs). There’s no excuse for them screwing up their money. I’m trying to build what they have, not strike because they want better health benefits or whatever. My generation is already screwed because there’s people won’t retire, I won’t let them take money from me!!

We all thought the mountain was too big to climb when we were first starting out.Don't be discouraged and just keep showing up 'till they run out of money',you will get there.Good-Luck!

• Like 1

"My generation is already screwed because there’s people won’t retire, I won’t let them take money from me!!"

"This was very eloquently said, but I’m sorry it has to fall on such deaf ears because I don’t care what’s in the contract as long I’m still working and the signing bonus is there. Everyone’s situation is different that’s understandable but I’m not risking a steady paycheck to fight for things I don’t care about. I already have two side hustles just to live a similar lifestyle to people that have been making $30 per hour for 15-20 yrs. I just got to this point and now I’m supposed to stick my neck out for them?? Not happening, sorry."

Two extremely great examples of the dividing of the dues paying membership by the IUAW.  

This business technique might not go down in history as such but it will be referred somewhere in a business journal as the way to manipulate a supplier so as to get the suppliers product for little or nothing. The IUAW supplies "labor", you and I are the product the IUAW supplies. The minute the supplier representatives agreed to become a Ford Motor Co. partner the labor became the center of reduction in the labors worth. Consider, our supplier representatives sit down to agree that the same work requirements and performance, preformed by two different people (products) costs two different amounts to the company that the supplier representatives are selling us too. This alone showed just how non business  minded, non business orientated and no real business experienced our supplier representatives are and continue to be. It also shows how the product (us) have given up on what those that also had side hustles and wanted similar life styles for their families that others had, back years ago fought for and took the chance to get a higher amount for the product they at the time were selling to the same company.

This too will fall on deaf ears, because the partnership is stronger than the product that will be sold to the company for far less than it`s worth. Wring out the skills, craftsmanship, semi skilled and the designated classifications and it becomes just "work" at the negotiations table. This generalized work (product) in the eyes of the buyer is something anyone can do after three days of so called training so why pay any more for that generalized product that anyone can supply? 

Good Luck 95Triway, I hope for you like every member the same luck if not better then I`ve had. But it will take work and independent thinking on your part to reach the 2232 weeks of payments for the product I have sold Ford Motor Co. You will make it, hustlers always do.

Edited by Decker

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's your problem right there. Why do you have to live beyond your means? 

Right On Point.Keep your credit to a minimum and save where you can.I like the financial advice given out by Dave Ramsey.I also like coupons!

So, You are ready to sign a contract that you don't even know the consiquences? If someone is paying you to sign something it's never in your favor.

chassisgroupleader and 95Triway , you guys are fucking idiots. If I have to tell you why, you are more fucked up than I thought!

Some 20~30~40 year employees live check to check and will also sign anything for a lump sum payment.

These same people eager to get their signing bonus are among the 1st ones to criticize the union for a crappy contract....................I love hypocrisy. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's your problem right there. Why do you have to live beyond your means? 

Who said I was? I’m a third generation employee, with family at Ford and GM. What I’m saying is I’ve seen how you guys got paid in the past, and now when it’s my generations chance, the old long haired guys are willing to play with my financial stability just to get benefits that I don’t get. I don’t live check to check I just want what you guys had.

1 hour ago, 95Triway said:

Who said I was? I’m a third generation employee, with family at Ford and GM. What I’m saying is I’ve seen how you guys got paid in the past, and now when it’s my generations chance, the old long haired guys are willing to play with my financial stability just to get benefits that I don’t get. I don’t live check to check I just want what you guys had.

Did you miss the part where I said I was hired in 2013?

You said, and I directly quoted, you had to live a lifestyle like those that have worked for 20-30 years 

On 8/5/2019 at 6:49 AM, dmfonline3 said:

So, You are ready to sign a contract that you don't even know the consiquences? If someone is paying you to sign something it's never in your favor.

chassisgroupleader and 95Triway , you guys are fucking idiots. If I have to tell you why, you are more fucked up than I thought!

That's your opinion!  I'm looking out for number 1.  Just like you are trying to rationalize for your benefit, I'm rationalizing for mine. 

I’m sorry if my opinion offends the hardcore vets in here, but to me any contract that says we’re gonna be working for 4 more years I’m voting yes. I’m not stupid enough to blindly vote, I’ll read it over for myself. But stopping my paycheck for some crap that doesn’t matter to me... sorry I don’t care. We make $30 a hour, you guys know it’s people doing similar work for half that. Why mess that up now with the world literally falling apart. Secure work for us, and keep income coming in. We already have everything. This is 2019 it’s not 1997 or whatever time period you guys were getting all those hours, and COLA and all that stuff. Fucking boomers piss me off....

we ain't getting a signing bonus we're getting a new explorer voucher instead......just don't park'em on a hill

I love new guys who believe their vote counts, first contract? maybe second? 

95Triway remember this, us hardcore vet employees us Legacy employees took concessions gave up our COLA so you can have a job today. You're welcome.

25 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

95Triway remember this, us hardcore vet employees us Legacy employees took concessions gave up our COLA so you can have a job today. You're welcome.

Not to be a ass, but didn’t you guys give up all that stuff to keep your own jobs first? I highly doubt anyone was thinking of getting new people in here. If that was the case a lot of people would move out of the way so the younger people could get union jobs. 

Ahhhh that ever so clear picture of all things past, that some have.... 95 you`ll be fine just vote the way you want. As for what was given up or gave back to do this or that it`s all water under the bridge. Our union never looks back or in some cases they can`t remember 3 or 4 years ago much less the details of what was in the last contract. A good example of their memory was the concessions that just slipped their minds during a following negotiations and they never put none of them on the table.

Our contract is a done deal, I can hear it now.... here`s your signing bonus and we get to keep what we have now and

EWE`S SHOULD JUST BE THANKFUL EWE`S EVEN HAVE A JOB   (a jimmy flash back from the past :hat_tip:

A little correction 95, maybe the membership didn`t have their eye on the prize but the IUAW did... as for getting newbee`s in well it was sold as getting an increase for retiree`s (cost of living rollover) and yes the ever popular new product line but, the getting newbee`s in was the carrot our IUAW saw like money in the bank. Whaaaa we can start charging due`s from day one!!!!! 

Edited by Decker