Signing Bonus?

4 hours ago, Decker said:

Ahhhh that ever so clear picture of all things past, that some have.... 95 you`ll be fine just vote the way you want. As for what was given up or gave back to do this or that it`s all water under the bridge. Our union never looks back or in some cases they can`t remember 3 or 4 years ago much less the details of what was in the last contract. A good example of their memory was the concessions that just slipped their minds during a following negotiations and they never put none of them on the table.

Our contract is a done deal, I can hear it now.... here`s your signing bonus and we get to keep what we have now and

EWE`S SHOULD JUST BE THANKFUL EWE`S EVEN HAVE A JOB   (a jimmy flash back from the past :hat_tip:)

I remember sitting in 228 listening to them tell me that when we found out we weren’t getting legacy pay. That left a bad taste in my mouth. I haven’t looked at the UAW the same again.

I appreciate your comment though.

We will be lucky to get a $ 3,000 signing bonus.There will be co-pays on health insurance so you will end up giving the 3 grand back.Be lucky you got any job at all and keep showing up at 5 a.m.Now,what will the IUAW officials get for themselves?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

We will be lucky to get a $ 3,000 signing bonus.There will be co-pays on health insurance so you will end up giving the 3 grand back.Be lucky you got any job at all and keep showing up at 5 a.m.Now,what will the IUAW officials get for themselves?

About 18 months in fed prison and a slap on the wrist, that's what they get

• Like 1

I’m a tier 2 worker and I want the signing bonus now!!! I’ll sign whatever it takes to get it. Legacy workers don’t have student loan debt to deal with. They had 20-30 years of Ford money (not counting layoffs). There’s no excuse for them screwing up their money. I’m trying to build what they have, not strike because they want better health benefits or whatever. My generation is already screwed because there’s people won’t retire, I won’t let them take money from me!!

Edited August 3 by 95Triway

95Triway,

People like you are the reason there are two tiers. Workers  did whatever it took to get the signing bonus, signing away their wages.  The bonus, while very enticing,  never equaled a raise. As we move forward, don't fool yourself on healthcare.   It is very expensive.    In twenty years, you will wish you had it.   Some legacy workers also have student loans.  Debt is debt.  We all have bills to pay.  Keep in mind, no one wants to strike. However bills do not and should not prevent us from doing what is right, taking care of ourselves and others. 'How will you build what we legacy workers have if you give it away for a carrot?'  We are fighting for wages and benefits for all , including you.  'Union strong' only works when we stand together.  Don't give it up without a fight. 

9 hours ago, Steelers1966 said:

I’m a tier 2 worker and I want the signing bonus now!!! I’ll sign whatever it takes to get it. Legacy workers don’t have student loan debt to deal with. They had 20-30 years of Ford money (not counting layoffs). There’s no excuse for them screwing up their money. I’m trying to build what they have, not strike because they want better health benefits or whatever. My generation is already screwed because there’s people won’t retire, I won’t let them take money from me!!

Edited August 3 by 95Triway

95Triway,

People like you are the reason there are two tiers. Workers  did whatever it took to get the signing bonus, signing away their wages.  The bonus, while very enticing,  never equaled a raise. As we move forward, don't fool yourself on healthcare.   It is very expensive.    In twenty years, you will wish you had it.   Some legacy workers also have student loans.  Debt is debt.  We all have bills to pay.  Keep in mind, no one wants to strike. However bills do not and should not prevent us from doing what is right, taking care of ourselves and others. 'How will you build what we legacy workers have if you give it away for a carrot?'  We are fighting for wages and benefits for all , including you.  'Union strong' only works when we stand together.  Don't give it up without a fight. 

Keep in mind that  the contract you vote for will establish the foundation for YOUR future at Ford.A big signing bonus might be a great deal but the question is what if anything are you giving up to get that bonus.Also jealousy is self-defeating.All high seniority workers were low seniority at one time!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chassisgroupleader said:

If everything stays the same and they offer me a signing bonus of at least $6,000, I would be crazy to vote against it.  I have great medical benefits, great vacation benefits, earn over $100,000 yearly, and have no family working here.  Let's get this out of the way and get to work!

If there going to give you $6000, you bet ya there going to take something away. Like maybe your great medical benefits or even your great vacation benefits. All you see it $$$. Take the blinders off, look at the big picture. 

27 minutes ago, MTP'er said:

If there going to give you $6000, you bet ya there going to take something away. Like maybe your great medical benefits or even your great vacation benefits. All you see it $$$. Take the blinders off, look at the big picture. 

You've been around much longer than I have so you should know better than I do that some of these people are incapable of that....

1 hour ago, MTP'er said:

Like that 8500 last time that bought Ford extreme use of temps. 

Can't explain nothing to half of these new hires though. They just want to go buy big TVs, new rims, new clothes, and have a few expensive dinners. 

As for the guy bitching about student loan debt. That is your problem. You agreed to take on those loans in exchange for an education. 

If you foolishly went to college to wind up on the line at Ford and not doing something in the field you studied to be in that is you having to deal with a bad investment nothing more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caustic said:

As for the guy bitching about student loan debt. That is your problem. You agreed to take on those loans in exchange for an education. 

And these are the people I’m supposed to put my life on hold for ??. Just so you guys can fight for stuff you’re never getting back and I never had. Your jobs are the best in the area already and you know it. You’re willing to screw me over so you guys can keep the lights on in your cabins up north. I’m telling everybody to vote yes just to spite y’all!! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, niteeyes said:

This is some funny shit, Last contract was the same way, tier 2 willing to screw everyone for a couple bucks, Boy did we make a mistake allowing 2 tiers.

Your willing to screw us to get benefits that’s not coming back. Please retire now or take a buy out. Your in our way. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 3:34 PM, fmco76 said:

Chassisgroupleader, members like you are why there is a two tier pay system in the union. Your selfishness is sad. I am sure you have never voted against a national contract.Just remember these two tier employees will be in the majority within 10 years. They are going to remember people like you, unfortunately everyone pays for people who will not stand up for what is right. 

Two Tier employees agree with me!  Give me my signing Bonus!

3 hours ago, 95Triway said:

And these are the people I’m supposed to put my life on hold for ??. Just so you guys can fight for stuff you’re never getting back and I never had. Your jobs are the best in the area already and you know it. You’re willing to screw me over so you guys can keep the lights on in your cabins up north. I’m telling everybody to vote yes just to spite y’all!! 

Yes!  the ones eager to strike are all the lazies with seniority that are dead weight and somehow think that the world owes them something.  Yet they are quick to criticize the millennial's work ethic!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Boy I see those classes your student loans paid for really stuck with you. Clearly none of them were English/Grammar.

Turning into the grammar police is the universal sign of defeat. Also no one cares about grammar in college, at least not in my field. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

And insulting people when you can't even grasp basic grammar just makes you look dumb

U mad bro?? Because I used your instead of you’re. This is the Internet who cares. Your age is showing. Plus the information was obviously conveyed to you, you understood what I said. I’m not typing Latin or Japanese here. And if anyone is insulted then oh well. Your actions will affect my life and I’m not gonna stand for it. On the Internet, at the local, and on the plant floor if necessary 

Edited by 95Triway