New Baby Bronco Will Be Called Bronco Adventurer

Terrible name. Too many “er” sounds at the end of adventurer. Maverick is 100x better. Scout was the perfect name for this. Wonder why they didn’t go that route? The article says they haven’t even trademarked adventurer yet so there’s still hope that’s not the name.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah Maverick just worked...

"Adventurer" is boring and forgettable. I hope this isn't official or factual. 
If not Maverick than something else! Hell Bronco Sport (though it was a trimline) and Bronco II (though it has some bad history) would be better choices than Bronco Adventurer.... ehhhh

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Terrible name. Too many “er” sounds at the end of adventurer. Maverick is 100x better. Scout was the perfect name for this. Wonder why they didn’t go that route? The article says they haven’t even trademarked adventurer yet so there’s still hope that’s not the name.

respect the Maverick coupe legacy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

respect the Maverick coupe legacy

I bet most people in the baby broncos target market don’t even know what that is. The escape was also called maverick, so it’s not a huge stretch to call another compact suv maverick as well.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Never cared for Maverick. Mostly because my grandfather had an ugly 4 door maverick.  Scout would've been better than Adventurer. 

Scout is the best name and it definitely fits on a small, rugged, off road capable vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

here is what I like...

Bronco (ranger based 4-door Bronco)

Bronco Sport (ranger based 2-door Bronco)

Bronco Scout (escape based Bronco)

Bronco Sport Trac (Bronco Pickup) 

It would make more sense the base Bronco would be the 2 door. Maybe they'll have the different trim levels and different door levels.

9 minutes ago, DMG777 said:

It would make more sense the base Bronco would be the 2 door. Maybe they'll have the different trim levels and different door levels.

No that's way too confusing. Just do it the same way Jeep does it with the Wrangler, there's no reason it needs to be more complicated than that. 

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No that's way too confusing. Just do it the same way Jeep does it with the Wrangler, there's no reason it needs to be more complicated than that. 

Sorry I was talking about his list as the Bronco being a 2 door not a 4 door and that reminded me of how other manufactures make their trim levels. I agree they should do it how jeep does it.

2 hours ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

here is what I like...

Bronco (ranger based 4-door Bronco)

Bronco Sport (ranger based 2-door Bronco)

Bronco Scout (escape based Bronco)

Bronco Sport Trac (Bronco Pickup) 

The article in the OP implied Bronco Scout is still coming as a even smaller vehicle.

I'm not sure how it will play out but Bronco Adventurer is not as catchy as Bronco Scout.

I liked the Maverick. The two door would have made a better Mustang than the Mustang II did while being related to the generation one Mustang. The four door should have just used the Falcon name and considering what other cars looked like at the time, the four door Maverick was in my opinion better looking. Can anyone honestly say the Plymouth Volare looked stunning?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

In deference to the late, great James Garner...I like this Maverick more than yours....

image.png.ecbe4c3f4068fc830f4b6723f2df19e0.png

My parents inherited my grandfather’s 4 door poop brown Maverick and I was forced to drive it in high school.  Therefore the coupe doesn’t exist to me!

• Haha 1