New Baby Bronco Will Be Called Bronco Adventurer

22 minutes ago, ehaase said:

I wish Ford had called the vehicle Maverick, but I'm probably the only person who wishes Ford still sold vehicles with the Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Galaxie, and LTD names. 

I promise that you're not the only one.  I kinda wish the Flex had been named Fairlane, like the concept.

50 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Ford Bronco Adventurer XLT Ecoboost AWD.  I’m not sure there is enough sheet metal on the rear lift gate to display all of the necessary badges.  ?

Fortunately the EcoBoost AWD badge is probably going to be the same little one that's on all the other EB AWD models so that should help ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ehaase said:

I wish Ford had called the vehicle Maverick, but I'm probably the only person who wishes Ford still sold vehicles with the Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Galaxie, and LTD names. 

Seeing as I own a 72 Gran Torino Sport & is one of about 15 I've owned,  I fit in that category too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snooter said:

So they pulled a name from dodge?.....if true i think this is the first of many disappointments to come with the new bronc

Once again reading comprehension not your strong suit. This isn't the Bronco, it's a smaller unibody SUV that happens to share similar styling. 

33 minutes ago, probowler said:

I would immediately remove any ecoboost badge that came on my Bronco.

Garbage name.

If I ever get a Ranger I'll probably take the ecoboost badge off the tailgate. Not that I don't like the name, I just like the cleaner look without it and I find the badge pointless since it's the only engine option 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I think they’ve almost stopped with the ecoboost badges.

Eh, not really, they're still pretty prevalent across the entire lineup except for Mustang which never had one. Living near FRAP I've seen plenty of 2020 Explorers they've brought up from Chicago to help with inspection/repairs being driven around with EcoBoost badges. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. 

18 hours ago, ehaase said:

Eh, I like those names. I just don't like them on a CUV.

21 hours ago, twintornados said:

In deference to the late, great James Garner...I like this Maverick more than yours....

image.png.ecbe4c3f4068fc830f4b6723f2df19e0.png

I have to keep my eyes open. I think there's a Maverick around town here that isn't to bad looking. It might be very similar to the one above. When I see it, I'll take a pic and try to figure out how to post it.

I know internally the 2.3 I4 used in the Ranger and Explorer has been know as the Maverick program. To differentiate it from previous gen 2.3’s.   Maybe they don’t want too many things with the same name around?  But I have no idea.  

On 8/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, 02MustangGT said:

Ford Bronco Adventurer XLT Ecoboost AWD.  I’m not sure there is enough sheet metal on the rear lift gate to display all of the necessary badges.  ?

Hahaha.

The EB one isn't that big.

My guess is they'll have a Bronco badge with Adventurer in smaller print underneath it.  Or like Bronco will be stamped, and have a smaller chrome lettering Adventurer somewhere else on the liftgate.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, akirby said:

I think they’ve almost stopped with the ecoboost badges.

Don't know where you get that impression.  I see them on basically all the models.

The 2020 Explorer ST I drove a few weekends ago has one.

Maverick outside of North America.  Last year I read from a Spanish news outlet that Ford was calling a new engine Maverick that would be built in Spain. Not sure what happened to this engine, I have not read anymore about it.

11988_l.jpg