New Baby Bronco Will Be Called Bronco Adventurer

1 minute ago, MKII said:

Maverick outside of North America.  Last year I read from a Spanish news outlet that Ford was calling a new engine Maverick that would be built in Spain. Not sure what happened to this engine, I have not read anymore about it.

11988_l.jpg

I don't like Maverick for Baby Bronco's name. It's like naming a MPV, because Fusion was a MPV in the 00s in Europe. Maverick has a legacy as a coupé.

42 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I seriously do not understand why everybody seems to have a "hard on" for the Maverick name....they could always call the Baby Bronco the Pinto which IS another horse name...

Maverick wouldn’t be my first choice, scout would be, followed by bronco sport, then maverick. All of those are better than adventurer though. I only ever mentioned maverick because it was mentioned in the OP.

1 hour ago, RadicalX said:

Pinto is dick in portuguese  

Fortunately, the Portuguese weren't as good at spreading their language around the world as the English and Spaniards. 

Not to worry, though. I can pretty much guarantee that the Pinto name will not be on a Ford for a very, very long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

What is with the "Maverick is a coupe" argument? The Maverick was also sold as a sedan in North America.

Ford has marketed the following automobiles models using the Ford Maverick nameplate:

• The Ford Maverick (Americas), a compact car sold in North America and Brazil during the 1970s
  • The rebadged Nissan Patrol Y60 sold by Ford Australia under the Button car plan from 1988 to 1994
  • The rebadged Spanish-built Nissan Terrano II, sold by Ford of Europe from 1993 to 1999
  • The European version of the Ford Escape SUV, sold from 2001 to 2005

53 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

On a slightly different yet tangentially related subject, I heard a rumor last night, and I can't stress enough that this is an unfounded rumor, that we could see the Bronco make its debut sometime late October/early November. 

Yeah...but of what year???

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

On a slightly different yet tangentially related subject, I heard a rumor last night, and I can't stress enough that this is an unfounded rumor, that we could see the Bronco make its debut sometime late October/early November. 

I think that would make sense with the smaller Bronco timing-might as well show both off at the same time so you have the foundation of the Bronco sub brand and remove any trolling with people saying oh the fucked the Bronco up due to terminal stupidity on the internet. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I think that would make sense with the smaller Bronco timing-might as well show both off at the same time so you have the foundation of the Bronco sub brand and remove any trolling with people saying oh they @*%$ed the Bronco up due to terminal stupidity on the internet. 

Great idea!

Show them both, and then have a third mystery Bronco model wrapped in canvas indicating a future release!

33 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

Great idea!

Show them both, and then have a third mystery Bronco model wrapped in canvas indicating a future release!

2-door Bronco pickup under a blanket.  A nearly identical one of these was in my local Menard's parking lot earlier this week when I stopped there,,,,,

HRG

640x480.jpg

• Like 1