New Baby Bronco Will Be Called Bronco Adventurer

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 02MustangGT said:

Ford Authority is now reporting that the baby Bronco could be named Bronco Sport.  I like Scout but anything is better than Adventurer.  

http://fordauthority.com/2019/08/baby-ford-bronco-may-not-called-adventurer/

Agreed on scout. Sport is SUPER generic but Adventurer is kind of dorky, and rolls of the tongue weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Hm.  Could that new small pickup be a variant of baby Bronco?

And then you have......Bronco Sport (baby Bronco), and Bronco Sport Trac (truck version)?

The unibody pickup truck started as a Transit Connect truck but I believe it has morphed to something more like Baby Bronco truck. Not much difference in engineering since they are all C2 but the styling probably will look more SUV than van and that makes a lot of sense.

The name is a bit difficult to tease out. I think Bronco Sport may actually be the 2 door Bronco rather than Baby Bronco. And that will make your Sport Trac theory a lot more solid too.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bzcat said:

The unibody pickup truck started as a Transit Connect truck but I believe it has morphed to something more like Baby Bronco truck. Not much difference in engineering since they are all C2 but the styling probably will look more SUV than van and that makes a lot of sense.

The name is a bit difficult to tease out. I think Bronco Sport may actually be the 2 door Bronco rather than Baby Bronco. And that will make your Sport Trac theory a lot more solid too.

I don't see the need to give the 2-door model its own name.  2-door and 4-door Bronco should both just be Bronco.

My thought with Sport Trac would that it'd align with baby Bronco if it were named Sport.  By naming the 2 door midsize Bronco, Bronco Sport, and then naming a compact pickup Bronco Sport Trac, you'd confuse a lot of people.

In all honesty- There is a pretty significant difference between the the Baby Bronco and the upcoming small pickup-for one the Small pickup should be on the Transit Connect, which is a much longer wheelbase and should make it look less stubby looking. 

With that said, is the Fiesta finally out of production yet? They need to tool up for the Mach E and whatever else is going there. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

In all honesty- There is a pretty significant difference between the the Baby Bronco and the upcoming small pickup-for one the Small pickup should be on the Transit Connect, which is a much longer wheelbase and should make it look less stubby looking. 

With that said, is the Fiesta finally out of production yet? They need to tool up for the Mach E and whatever else is going there. 

It can be on a longer wheelbase but have the same styling.

i think bzcat may be on to something. In the past, the 2 door explorer was called explorer sport. Seems possible they could do it again with the bronco.

I wish they would just call the baby bronco Scout though. Not bronco scout, just scout. I get that they want to use the bronco name to help sales, but if the vehicle sucks, it only hurts the bronco name. If the vehicle is great, you’ve missed out on an opportunity to create another marquee name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

i think bzcat may be on to something. In the past, the 2 door explorer was called explorer sport. Seems possible they could do it again with the bronco.

I wish they would just call the baby bronco Scout though. Not bronco scout, just scout. I get that they want to use the bronco name to help sales, but if the vehicle sucks, it only hurts the bronco name. If the vehicle is great, you’ve missed out on an opportunity to create another marquee name. 

Exactly what I was thinking... Bronco is basically the original concept for Explorer (Ranger based SUV), so Bronco Sport is a great name for the 2 door, and Bronco Sport Trac a nature name for the Bronco pickup truck that's been rumored about.

Baby Bronco will have approximately 0% chance of sucking... Ford doesn't really miss on trucks and SUVs. I like Bronco Scout or Scout... both are pretty good name. The unibody truck can be called Bronco Courier or just Courier.

Bronco Adventurer is a mouthful and will result in people calling it the "Small Bronco" or "Baby Bronco" which is the worst case for Ford in terms of branding and model differentiating.

We are calling it Baby Bronco as almost a term of endearment. That won't be the case when regular people starting calling it that way. "Baby" anything is almost a negative when it comes to consumer products.

Edited by bzcat

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Correct, Small pick up is based on C2 Transit Connect, so the wheelbase could be longer
in order  to provide a more usable rear tub. Could be a great product just below Ranger.

Cuautitlan needs more product than Mach E, moving the two mid sized BEVs to FRAP
takes away the planned 65K/year units, Mach E will be much less thanks premium pricing
so they need something like Puma or Ecosport or both to round out the numbers

Ford is gonna have a ton of products dropping in close succession, I wonder if that will cause
problems in terms of so many new great products dazzlng buyers who now have lots of choices.
I know that sounds odd after years of begging Ford to do this but it feels like everything all at once....

Edited by jpd80

58 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Correct, Small pick up is based on C2 Transit Connect, so the wheelbase could be longer
in order  to provide a more usable rear tub. Could be a great product just below Ranger.

Cuautitlan needs more product than Mach E, moving the two mid sized BEVs to FRAP
takes away the planned 65K/year units, Mach E will be much less thanks premium pricing

Ford is gonna have a ton of products dropping in close succession, I wonder if that will cause
problems in terms of so many new great products dazzlng buyers who now have lots of choices.
I know that sounds odd after years of begging Ford to do this but it feels like everything all at once....

I'm thinking production at Cuautitlan will be much more full than it has been with just the Fiesta.

Talk about a waste of plant production space over the past 8 years. 

PS: Fiesta production has officially ended.

Edited by ausrutherford

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

But will 3/4ths of buyers be unable to afford the new products coming?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

But will 3/4ths of buyers be unable to afford the new products coming?

Average price of a new car is $36,843 as of this year.

That is more then what a loaded Escape Ti goes for and going by the old definition of Luxury car (anything costing more then 30k) costs more. An Escape should suffice for 85% of people in the new car market, painting with a very board brush. 

You should be able to get a lower end Bronco for that much-A decently equipped Ranger is $36K.

What is happening is that your seeing people either leasing or taking out longer car loans and keeping cars longer (10 years on average) due to costs and well new cars are pretty much flawless for the first 100-150K miles. 

Car purchases aren't exactly the most well thought out thing by people-perceived wants outweigh actual needs.

I had a conversation with my sister about this-She has a 2010 Escape that is slowly dying. She has two kids-one is 13 and the other is 10. She says she wants a new Explorer-so I ask her why-she explains to me why and I say to her-you survived with an Escape this long-your kids are going to be driving before you know it and to be honest the Explorer is a bit overkill in her situation due to other things that are affecting her family's budget-they can "afford" it, but would smart not to. I said to her if you want something bigger, take a look at the Edge-you'll get better incentives (plus A Plan) on it, which you won't get with the new Explorer and now Escape, if she wanted one of those. 

14 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I'm thinking production at Cuautitlan will be much more full than it has been with just the Fiesta.

Talk about a waste of plant production space over the past 8 years. 

PS: Fiesta production has officially ended.

Full with what?

6 hours ago, J-150 said:

Another 2 door SUV/CUV?

Why? There is no market for 2 doors.

There's ONE 2-door SUV.  On a product that is a niche market legacy model.  What's the problem?  Lol.

6 hours ago, J-150 said:

Another 2 door SUV/CUV?

Why? There is no market for 2 doors.

This is a self-serving prophesy. If nobody offers a 2-door version, then there are no sales numbers created.  Sure, 4 doors will be more popular, but that doesn't mean there is NO market for a 2-door.

Based on some of the awfully low sales numbers we see for various models offered, I wonder just how high the bar has to be to justify production?

HRG