• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
RadicalX

New Baby Bronco Will Be Called Bronco Adventurer

17 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

This is a self-serving prophesy. If nobody offers a 2-door version, then there are no sales numbers created.  Sure, 4 doors will be more popular, but that doesn't mean there is NO market for a 2-door.

Based on some of the awfully low sales numbers we see for various models offered, I wonder just how high the bar has to be to justify production?

HRG

Depends on the profitability of it-there might a way of making the dies that press out the side sections of the Bronco compatible with a 2 and 4 door design. Like splitting it at the B pillar some how... 

8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Depends on the profitability of it-there might a way of making the dies that press out the side sections of the Bronco compatible with a 2 and 4 door design. Like splitting it at the B pillar some how... 

Exactly - it depends on how much it can share with the 4 door and the extra costs vs. additional profits.

http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-abandons-trademark-application-for-bronco-scout/

I really wonder who’s making the decisions at ford sometimes. I don’t think there was a better fitting name than Scout for a small rugged vehicle. The article says scout hasn’t been in the running for a while now and that adventurer and sport are the front runners. Let’s hope they wise up and choose Sport.

I don't understand how the Bronco Scout (not calling it adventurer)  is set to be revealed before the Bronco.... AKA the one that was announced first??

Why must Ford torture us so!

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I don't understand how the Bronco Scout (not calling it adventurer)  is set to be revealed before the Bronco.... AKA the one that was announced first??

Why must Ford torture us so!

It boils down to this-the Baby Bronco is more or less a reskin of the 2020 Escape-most of the "hard stuff" is done already.

The regular Bronco is part of a major upgrade for the Ranger program- New frame to fix V6 engines, Completely new Top hat/body and other things that require more engineering work. 

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I really wonder who’s making the decisions at ford sometimes. I don’t think there was a better fitting name than Scout for a small rugged vehicle. The article says scout hasn’t been in the running for a while now and that adventurer and sport are the front runners. Let’s hope they wise up and choose Sport.

It's not always about what they want to do--it may have been too close to an existing trademark, and they weren't going to be able to overcome that (or maybe it was going to be too expensive). It may not even have been a US trademark; maybe they couldn't get that trademark in another market where they were planning to sell the Baby Bronco.

You wouldn't expect that latter one, but it's why Microsoft's SkyDrive got renamed to OneDrive after it was launched--Sky News had a trademark on SkyDrive in the UK. Microsoft wanted a coherent global name for the product, so they changed the name.

It could also simply be that the name didn't test well or other names tested better. Unless Ford comes out and says something (which seems unlikely), all we may ever know is that they decided it wasn't worth pursuing.

Of course, if you really want to get conspiracy-minded, Scout was the name of Tonto's horse, and Tonto's horse was a pinto...

Edited by SoonerLS
Damn you, autoincorrect.

Hmm.  I liked Scout much more than Adventurer.  Hopefully that's just a trim line.

Timberline was a rumored name for the Off Road Super Duty that winded up becoming the FX4MAX?

Bronco Timberline has a good ring to it, but I think it would be better as a trim level. 

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Timberline was a rumored name for the Off Road Super Duty that winded up becoming the FX4MAX?

Bronco Timberline has a good ring to it, but I think it would be better as a trim level. 

Then fx4 max was replaced with tremor.

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Agreed, but a trim level that affects supension and off road ability, Not just an appearance package.

As to the "Scout" question, now that Navistar is in bed with GM building GM's class 4,5 and 6 trucks, could be a matter of time before the Navistar dealers say..."hey we want some of that pie-how about a Chevy Blazer (ugh!) we can sell as an International Scout."

56 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

As to the "Scout" question, now that Navistar is in bed with GM building GM's class 4,5 and 6 trucks, could be a matter of time before the Navistar dealers say..."hey we want some of that pie-how about a Chevy Blazer (ugh!) we can sell as an International Scout."

If GM wanted to refresh their plans for a retro off roader, you just nailed it. I think an IH Scout sold through GM dealers would be a hit. More than a retro Blazer/Trailblazer.

Especially since the Hummer brand has been tainted.

1 hour ago, J-150 said:

If GM wanted to refresh their plans for a retro off roader, you just nailed it. I think an IH Scout sold through GM dealers would be a hit. More than a retro Blazer/Trailblazer.

Especially since the Hummer brand has been tainted.

J- you missed my point-I'm saying the driver to do this will be the International dealers-unless you are too young to remember the International Scout-unfortunately I'm not in that boat😎

My brother's best friend and my co-worker had a Scout back around 1979.  Must have been a Scout II.   Always thought it was a cool truck.

50 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

J- you missed my point-I'm saying the driver to do this will be the International dealers-unless you are too young to remember the International Scout-unfortunately I'm not in that boat😎

I do remember them. 2 door and pickups are what I remember most. I also remember Jeep Wagoneers. That said, I dont see how Navistar is equipped to sell and service. Their partner GM on the other hand...

4 hours ago, J-150 said:

I do remember them. 2 door and pickups are what I remember most. I also remember Jeep Wagoneers. That said, I dont see how Navistar is equipped to sell and service. Their partner GM on the other hand...

Well remember they will be selling the class 4,5 and 6 "chebys" as Internationals.  When it comes to marketing you might be surprised what owners will do to get more volume.  I may be wrtong but iof you are equipped to service a class 4, not a huge stretch to go down to 1-3 IMO