2020 Escape...will it be flat-towable?

It’s been a really long time but I believe the 2001-2008 with the cd4e trans was not flat tow capable without adding an auxiliary pump to circulate fluid to keep trans cool. (Technically it was listed as a non flat tow vehicle) 

The 2009-2012 2wd  6f35 was allegedly flat tow capable but it still cooked the trans by foaming the fluid. They made several revisions on the procedure but still cooked them. Adding a auxiliary pump was still necessary to safely tow it. Then ford said the hell with it and the 6f35 is not flat tow capable. One fun fact the 2wd 5sp was flat tow capable in any year it was available. 

33 minutes ago, twintornados said:

...and kicked yourself ever since.

Only since about 2012 when my former credit union totally took advantage of me and put me into a loan of questionable legality. It wasn't until last year when I finally was able to refinance and found out it was questionably legal. Oh well, at least I no longer have a lien on my title. I just can't afford to replace it at the moment. 

• Like 1