2020 Explorer ST

THAT IS NOT A DEALER CODE.  Please read the rules... and a dealer code is mostly an F#####  as in an  'F' followed by 5 numbers.  Sometimes dealers still use old codes and give a 2 numbers, 1 letter, 3 numbers code which I can deduce the real code from.  5 numbers is nothing to me.  I've tried adding an F in front of your code and get nothing.  Who is giving you these numbers?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that Cyberdman.  Not sure why that code didn't work.  My Sales guy of 10 years insists that is the correct dealer code.  Anyway, he did send me the VIN today so maybe that will be more helpful.  Thanks in advance.

VIN  =  1FM5K8GC1LGA89275

Ok well that is better.  Using your VIN I found your actual numbers you tried to give me earlier.  You gave me 24486 earlier, but indeed the ACTUAL dealer code is F24486.  Your guy should have known that, otherwise he's a complete idiot.  But he also gave you the wrong order number which is why I never found anything in the system when I tried F24486 before.  Your actual order number is A716.  You should have given me F24486 / A716.

In any case, that doesn't matter now that you gave me a VIN.  Just give me that from now on. :) 

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Sep-23-2019).

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies Cyberdman.  My sales guy pulled a production date of 8-23 and I see now you told me 9-23.  I guess I misread it and thought you indicated 8-23 as well.  I'm surprised Ford has my production date 10 weeks out from the original order date.  I've never had it take that long in the past.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Jamers I wasn't paying complete attention and allowed that Pajama person to hijack your thread.  He's been reprimanded and your thread cleaned up.

In Transit - Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Mcnjt.sc, GA  Oct-07-2019, 23:38 ET.

ETA  Oct-18-2019.

Update please   ?   VIN  =  1FM5K8GC1LGA89275

By the way, I know this isn't your fault at all Cyberdman but I'm starting to get very frustrated here.  I originally ordered my Explorer on July 16th.  It's now been stuck in Macon, GA (just a 5 hour drive from my house) for more than 3 weeks.  I've had to extend my current lease 2 months already.  I now plan to turn in my 2017 Explorer this Friday come hell or high-water.  Ford please get your act together here.  OK, my rant is now over.

8 hours ago, Jamers said:

Update please   ?   VIN  =  1FM5K8GC1LGA89275

By the way, I know this isn't your fault at all Cyberdman but I'm starting to get very frustrated here.  I originally ordered my Explorer on July 16th.  It's now been stuck in Macon, GA (just a 5 hour drive from my house) for more than 3 weeks.  I've had to extend my current lease 2 months already.  I now plan to turn in my 2017 Explorer this Friday come hell or high-water.  Ford please get your act together here.  OK, my rant is now over.

You should pressure the dealer to have your lease extension covered like mine did. Also was offered free 4-year Lincoln scheduled maintenance plan (just today) but my Aviator is on hold at the factory waiting to ‘go back through the factory’ for work related to the rear seat recall.  This week is my 19th week of waiting and I’m told not to expect it in the near future.  I will likely just re-order in a few months, or move to a different brand. I’m left with a sense that the brand just doesn’t care for its customers. 

At least yours left the factory...

Thanks but I found out yesterday afternoon where it is.  It was destroyed in a trail derailment on Oct. 9th in Georgia.  So nice for Ford to finally notify my Dealership a full 30 days later on Nov. 7th.  I could have ordered a new one weeks ago already.  Now my Sales guys can't locate any ST's optioned to my liking.  I have a call into Ford to give them an earful on this one.  And by the way, I suspect they only notified the Dealer yesterday because I called the Customer service center on Tuesday to complain there were no updates for over a month.  Otherwise who knows how much longer I'd still be waiting.

News Article

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/norfolk-southern-train-derail-perry-kathleen-georgia-drone-video/93-a827c772-43c7-4105-8406-76806b831826

Drone Video of Crash Site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGnbAeKr3u4&feature=emb_logo