Aviator Reviews are Beginning to Pop-Up on YouTube

8 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Many people - especially those currently owning a Lincoln and being in the market due to their leases expiring - will be surprised to see that there won't be any discounts on the Aviator. Discounts they are banking on and always got from Lincoln. Count me in on that as well.

The Aviator will sell well on the entry configurations but if they think people will get in line to pay $1,500/month on a $90K vehicle, they will be mistaken. People are brand loyal to a certain degree and they might be willing to give Lincoln a chance if they would have to pay as much for a Lincoln as for a similar priced BMW or Mercedes. However, they will not pay $300/month more. People are not that dumb and will compare numbers.

If you can get a $105K BMW X7 for $1,200/month, 9 out of 10 people are going to pick that over the $90K Lincoln for $1,500/month. You can bet on that as well.

Not sure where you are getting your 1500 from, I just ran the numbers of a loaded Black Label GT and it was 1195 and 995 for a loaded GT Reserve. (10% down)  The Bimmer was 1351 on a 36/12 with 10% down.  It is 1579 an month for a 4 Year loan at 2.9% this is on a GT after tax incentives.  I used the X-Plan numbers on the Aviator since anyone can get XPlan

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

Not sure where you are getting your 1500 from, I just ran the numbers of a loaded Black Label GT and it was 1195 and 995 for a loaded GT Reserve. (10% down)  The Bimmer was 1351 on a 36/12 with 10% down.  It is 1579 an month for a 4 Year loan at 2.9% this is on a GT after tax incentives.  I used the X-Plan numbers on the Aviator since anyone can get XPlan

I basically loaded up the Black Label GT and it was indeed 1195/month. However, as you pointed out, with 10% down. If this vehicle sells for full MSRP without any discounts and you set the downpayment to $0 accordingly, it get's you to about $1,400. Add tax and you are at $1,500. 

On the BMW, I used the 10% down because that's the discount you are actually getting.

Now, this XPlan pricing sounds interesting. I heard about it before but I thought it was for Ford employees only. How can I get that one and where can I see how much that would be on the Lincoln?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, EcoBoost said:

Many people - especially those currently owning a Lincoln and being in the market due to their leases expiring - will be surprised to see that there won't be any discounts on the Aviator. Discounts they are banking on and always got from Lincoln. Count me in on that as well.

The Aviator will sell well on the entry configurations but if they think people will get in line to pay $1,500/month on a $90K vehicle, they will be mistaken. People are brand loyal to a certain degree and they might be willing to give Lincoln a chance if they would have to pay as much for a Lincoln as for a similar priced BMW or Mercedes. However, they will not pay $300/month more. People are not that dumb and will compare numbers.

If you can get a $105K BMW X7 for $1,200/month, 9 out of 10 people are going to pick that over the $90K Lincoln for $1,500/month. You can bet on that as well.

I've never leased (rented) a vehicle so I'll be purchasing mine and I sure hope you're right about the need for incentives out of the gate.  But given the accolades from all over that the Aviator has received and continues to recieve since it was unveiled and seeing how well the Navigator has done... I'm not counting on discounts.  Zero % financing would be awesome but that's just dreaming.  Purchasing the Aviator GT will be a HUGE stretch for me price wise... but adding up all those 18 mile free trips will make up the difference over an Explorer in no time, LOL!!! 

Edited by CoolScoop

I drove a Loaded Reserve today.   Amazing.  Can’t wait to drive GT BL.  As for people from other brands buying it.  It’s going to conquest so many BMW’s and MB it will make your heads spin.   

The details and the way it drives and rides with the dynamic suspension....well it was amazing.   

After 17 Range Rovers and Jags our next car is a GT BL.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EcoBoost said:

I basically loaded up the Black Label GT and it was indeed 1195/month. However, as you pointed out, with 10% down. If this vehicle sells for full MSRP without any discounts and you set the downpayment to $0 accordingly, it get's you to about $1,400. Add tax and you are at $1,500. 

On the BMW, I used the 10% down because that's the discount you are actually getting.

Now, this XPlan pricing sounds interesting. I heard about it before but I thought it was for Ford employees only. How can I get that one and where can I see how much that would be on the Lincoln?

Thanks!

Who is getting a 10% discount on an X7? Do you have any listings that back that up? 2% to 5% is a lot more realistic and you would probably be hard pressed to get that.

38 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Who is getting a 10% discount on an X7? Do you have any listings that back that up? 2% to 5% is a lot more realistic and you would probably be hard pressed to get that.

2-5% might be easier to get, but it's flat out a terrible deal. Right after launch perhaps, but we are now between 8 and 10%.

Oh, and if you sign up for BMW CCA for a small fee, you get a $1,000 check through them after purchase.

I've already been in contact with one of the members of the forum who get 10% off 2 months ago. He provided me with the dealer-info. That dealer is located on Florida's east coast.

I'm not making this up. No matter if BMW X7, X5, Audi Q7 or even the new Mercedes GLE. EVERYBODY is offering substantial discounts on these vehicles and if Lincoln decides NOT to do the same on the Aviator, they need to offer aggressive lease deals. Right now, they are offering the same residual as BMW does on the X7 but their MF of .00180 is worse than BMW's (.00145). This is not going to work. However, I'm confident Lincoln's numbers are going to improve over the next couple of months. My current lease expires in April and by then, a lot can and will change.

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1570399&page=13

'I’m getting 10% off MSRP here in the Chicago suburbs through a couple of dealers on 2019 x40'

'Just letting you guys know, there are deals to be had. I negotiated 11.1% off MSRP of $83795 on a 2019 x40i'

Edited by EcoBoost

That was for a 2019, the 2020's are showing up.  You can get a great deal on Gators right now too (last years)  You can get XPlan through a million different ways, if your employer buys or provides large purchases to Ford they probably have an account.  The easiest is to join Mustang Club of America for $35 (digital sign up or the experimental pilots association.  My way, is to own stock.  It is a pretty good buy this week at $9.  I was able to pick up quite a bit when it was $1.49 during the last recession.  Check your employer with the X plan customer service, you may already have access and don't know it.  

3 hours ago, EcoBoost said:

Thanks!

fordpartner.com   MCA code is MC405 (google is your friend)  You have to join a club to get a pin for purchase, but you can see the pricing.  Read the rules also, as there are terms about using the program and how to use it.  Ask your dealer if they except xplan, they either are or are not.  They don't get to choose which vehicles get or don't get.  Ford does that with all of the special performance line like raptors and GT 350 and Gt 500.  It's all there in the program rules.  

• Like 1

Just now, mustangchief said:

fordpartner.com   MCA code is MC405 (google is your friend)  You have to join a club to get a pin for purchase, but you can see the pricing.  Read the rules also, as there are terms about using the program and how to use it.  Ask your dealer if they except xplan, they either are or are not.  They don't get to choose which vehicles get or don't get.  Ford does that with all of the special performance line like raptors and GT 350 and Gt 500.  It's all there in the program rules.  

Cool, thank you!

I'll read into this topic.

Based on what I googled earlier, XPlan can still be combined with other offers, right (I'm thinking about loyalty rebates etc.)?

I used a similar pricing model a couple of years ago on my Jeep Grand Cherokee where a thread lightly membership gave me invoice-1%. However, the dealer could still go lower and did? 

Would a dealer have more room to - let's say - go 2% below invoice on a Lincoln with a customer who has XPlan than compared to a regular customer?

41 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Cool, thank you!

Based on what I googled earlier, XPlan can still be combined with other offers, right (I'm thinking about loyalty rebates etc.)?

I used a similar pricing model a couple of years ago on my Jeep Grand Cherokee where a thread lightly membership gave me invoice-1%. However, the dealer could still go lower and did? 

Would a dealer have more room to - let's say - go 2% below invoice on a Lincoln with a customer who has XPlan than compared to a regular customer?

Not available on Focus RS, Mustang Shelby® GT350/GT350R, Mustang BULLITT, Ford GT, F-150 Raptor, Lincoln Aviator and Aviator GT. May not be used with other Ford private or commercial offers. Amounts may vary by market.

Xplan pricing can normally be combined with all current advertised incentives. But the private cash offer (loyalty rebate) I received via email has the above statement in the fine print saying not available on Aviators. It's interesting that Ford is now including the Aviator with the normal group of excluded vehicles in the list.

Edited by CoolScoop

48 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Cool, thank you!

Xplan is a firm fixed price and is not negotiable. The dealer can't charge you more and is not allowed to sell for less.  The price sheet from Ford will show the Xplan price and the doc fees will also be limited to something around 100 bucks. Xplan usually works out to be a little over invoice pricing. If a dealer is willing to sell at or below invoice, Xplan won't be used.

33 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Not available on Focus RS, Mustang Shelby® GT350/GT350R, Mustang BULLITT, Ford GT, F-150 Raptor, Lincoln Aviator and Aviator GT. May not be used with other Ford private or commercial offers. Amounts may vary by market.

Xplan pricing can normally be combined with all current advertised incentives. But the private cash offer (loyalty rebate) I received via email has the above statement in the fine print saying not available on Aviators. It's interesting that Ford is now including the Aviator with the normal group of excluded vehicles in the list.

Interesting.

Let's see if this is a permanent exclusion or only temporary...

1 minute ago, CoolScoop said:

Xplan is a firm fixed price and is not negotiable. The dealer can't charge you more and is not allowed to sell for less.  The price sheet from Ford will show the Xplan price and the doc fees will also be limited to something around 100 bucks. Xplan usually works out to be a little over invoice pricing. If a dealer is willing to sell at or below invoice, Xplan won't be used.

But the dealer wil get some compensation for participating, right?

Otherwise, since pricing will be slightly above invoice on X as well, what difference does this pricing model make in the first place? I could still negotiate the same price and the dealer would make the same profit.

2 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Ha, found it!

25. Do Dealers make a profit on Plan purchases and/or leases?

Yes. Dealers receive a commission from Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company on each Plan transaction.

I've had dealers beat xplan, but the advantage is on high demand models that they're not willing to sell for invoice.  I believe they make a little extra with x-plan over selling at invoice, so it's a win-win.  X-plan is also good for those who don't like to negotiate. 

I've had dealers beat xplan, but the advantage is on high demand models that they're not willing to sell for invoice.  I believe they make a little extra with x-plan over selling at invoice, so it's a win-win.  X-plan is also good for those who don't like to negotiate. 

Good to know.

I just looked at the numbers and it seems that the net XPlan pricing is about 4% off the MSRP on a BL GT.

It will really boil down to MF, residual and perhaps Ford Credit incentives. Hopefully, the big picture will be OK.

4 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Good to know.

I just looked at the numbers and it seems that the net XPlan pricing is about 4% off the MSRP on a BL GT.

It will really boil down to MF, residual and perhaps Ford Credit incentives. Hopefully, the big picture will be OK.

If you don't work far a partner company and plan to join a club or buy stock to get a pin, verify how long you need to be a member to be eligible.  For stock you need to own at least 100 shares for 6 months before requesting a pin. That allows one pin per year or if the stock is in both spouses name it's two pins per year.  You can also try requesting a pin in the forum, it may be quicker.

Dealers are not required to accept X-plan and if they do, they can limit what models they accept it for. Just because they will sell you an MkC or Nautilus on X-plan doesn't mean they have to sell a Navigator or Aviator on plan pricing. Ford specifically excludes certain models.

1504388723_Screenshot_20190817-195033_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.69328ea7a0c28b66efe3321d0e0ee7e3.jpg

1 minute ago, Flying68 said:

I think that exclusion was specifically for a private cash offer, not plan pricing. 

That's correct.

It already showed me X-Plan pricing for a BL GT Aviator and as I said, that net plan price was about 4% off MSRP.

I checked the list of companies and my employer is indeed listed. However, there are two stars (**) listed behind the name but I can't seem to find out what that means....

6 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I think that exclusion was specifically for a private cash offer, not plan pricing. 

Correct, that was my private cash offer. I have a retail GT Xplan order, but I agree that dealers can choose to stop taking Xplan orders if sales start outpacing their allotment. 

Edited by CoolScoop

Correct, that was my private cash offer. I have a retail GT order, but I agree that dealers can choose to stop taking Xplan orders if sales start outpacing their allotment. 

Hopefully, my dealership shows some mercy..?

The Aviator would be my 5th Lincoln lease/purchase from them in a row and my SA which I already consider a friend after all these years already know that I want a BL GT once my lease expires...