Aviator Reviews are Beginning to Pop-Up on YouTube

2 hours ago, mustangchief said:

fordpartner.com   MCA code is MC405 (google is your friend)  You have to join a club to get a pin for purchase, but you can see the pricing.  Read the rules also, as there are terms about using the program and how to use it.  Ask your dealer if they except xplan, they either are or are not.  They don't get to choose which vehicles get or don't get.  Ford does that with all of the special performance line like raptors and GT 350 and Gt 500.  It's all there in the program rules.  

You sure about that?  My local Lincoln dealer would accept Xplan on a MKC and Nautilus Reserve but not on a Nautilus BL.

Based on what you are saying, that is not allowed yet that's what they did.

30 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Dealers are not required to accept X-plan and if they do, they can limit what models they accept it for. Just because they will sell you an MkC or Nautilus on X-plan doesn't mean they have to sell a Navigator or Aviator on plan pricing. Ford specifically excludes certain models.

1504388723_Screenshot_20190817-195033_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.69328ea7a0c28b66efe3321d0e0ee7e3.jpg

last I checked, dealers were only aloud to offer or not offer XPlan.  Selecting who is getting it and who is not will get the dealership in hot water with Ford. When you arrive at a dealer, you are required to identify yourself as wanting to participate in X-Plan, at that time the sales person is required to tell you if they do not except X Plan.  Saves hassle for everyone.

2 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

You sure about that?  My local Lincoln dealer would accept Xplan on a MKC and Nautilus Reserve but not on a Nautilus BL.

Let Ford know they did that, you'll get a call pretty quick.  They will lose allocation.  

12 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

last I checked, dealers were only aloud to offer or not offer XPlan.  Selecting who is getting it and who is not will get the dealership in hot water with Ford. When you arrive at a dealer, you are required to identify yourself as wanting to participate in X-Plan, at that time the sales person is required to tell you if they do not except X Plan.  Saves hassle for everyone.

I don't think dealers are allowed to pick which buyers they will except Xplan from, but I think they're allowed to exclude Xplan on a specific model if they choose.

Edited by CoolScoop

9 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

1. Call Customer Care on +1-800-392-3673.
  2. Call Headquarters on 313-322-3000.

Post it on social media with a #ford  One of the customer care people will direct message you.  

It’s really simple - dealer participation on x plan sales is 100% voluntary.  They can accept it or not accept it on any individual vehicle.  The only rules are if they accept it they can’t charge extra or force you to buy extras and they’re not allowed to sell vehicles on the excluded list.  If they have 3 vehicles in stock they might accept x plan on the first two but not the last one and nothing Ford can do about that.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s really simple - dealer participation on x plan sales is 100% voluntary.  They can accept it or not accept it on any individual vehicle.  The only rules are if they accept it they can’t charge extra or force you to buy extras and they’re not allowed to sell vehicles on the excluded list.  If they have 3 vehicles in stock they might accept x plan on the first two but not the last one and nothing Ford can do about that.

That's what I thought.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Legally no, Ford cannot enforce them to sell something they have bought.  I am referring to retail orders.  Ford does control allocation and they use it to reward good customer service, as well as let inventory managers know they are displeased with them.  

The GM of our dealer flat out said he wouldn't sell any Navigator on plan pricing and no dealer in the area would either. He wasn't sure what he would do on the Aviator (this was back in April) . His biggest reason was that he was selling every Navigator he could get almost before it arrived and at MSRP. MkC's on the other hand they discount immediately (advertised) to within a $1000 or so of invoice and sold us ours at invoice with no negotiating.  On the Aviator it will depend on how many they get and how fast they sell.

Fortunately I have no immediate need to get one so I can shop multiple dealers or let inventory build until I get what I want at the price I want.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Now, is the X Plan pricing a program a dealer would have to sign up for or is that an option any dealer has access to at any time?

I'm just trying to find out what the term 'participating dealer' means. I would simply like to know IN CASE my dealer tells me they don't 'participate' if they are not signed up in general OR not willing to offer that option to me although they could without much hassle...

8 hours ago, Flying68 said:

The GM of our dealer flat out said he wouldn't sell any Navigator on plan pricing and no dealer in the area would either. He wasn't sure what he would do on the Aviator (this was back in April) . His biggest reason was that he was selling every Navigator he could get almost before it arrived and at MSRP. MkC's on the other hand they discount immediately (advertised) to within a $1000 or so of invoice and sold us ours at invoice with no negotiating.  On the Aviator it will depend on how many they get and how fast they sell.

Fortunately I have no immediate need to get one so I can shop multiple dealers or let inventory build until I get what I want at the price I want.

And other dealers are giving $5k off MSRP for Navigators.

Takeaway, always shop around regardless of what your local dealers say.  Sometimes it is worth a $200 plane ticket to drive one home.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

And other dealers are giving $5k off MSRP for Navigators.

Takeaway, always shop around regardless of what your local dealers say.  Sometimes it is worth a $200 plane ticket to drive one home.  

If you haven't discovered this "hack" yet, you can go into your browsers address, and increase the search radius above the 100 miles offered in the chart. This number is in kilometers, and the maximum you can input is about 1990, but it really allows you to search a wider area on your own, without resorting to using multiple zip codes.

HRG

search radius.JPG

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Those are showing Employee/Retiree A/Z-Plan, roughly 10% off MSRP.

HRG

Now I see it.

Interesting business tactic to post that as the sales-price on their public website - considering the fact not everybody knows what 'A-Plan Pricing' is....

5 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Now I see it.

Interesting business tactic to post that as the sales-price on their public website - considering the fact not everybody knows what 'A-Plan Pricing' is....

I think it's a fairly common practice, when a Dealership is located near an Assembly Plant or Corporate Offices,,,

HRG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

If you haven't discovered this "hack" yet, you can go into your browsers address, and increase the search radius above the 100 miles offered in the chart. This number is in kilometers, and the maximum you can input is about 1990, but it really allows you to search a wider area on your own, without resorting to using multiple zip codes.

HRG

search radius.JPG

Hmm.. On mine the number is in miles and the maximum I can enter is 500, otherwise it just returns an error.

7 hours ago, Flying68 said:

Hmm.. On mine the number is in miles and the maximum I can enter is 500, otherwise it just returns an error.

You are correct. I've been using the 1950km reset on SearchTempest, both Lincoln and Ford seem to allow up to a 500 mile radius.

Sorry for the mis-information, but at least 500 miles is better than the website maximum of 100 miles.

HRG

Lincoln search radius.JPG

19 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I think it's a fairly common practice, when a Dealership is located near an Assembly Plant or Corporate Offices,,,

HRG

You are correct. I usually go to the Crest Lincoln of Sterling Heights website and to see the A/Z plan pricing as it is listed for all models.  Keep in mind that A/Z is employee/retire (and family) pricing. X plan pricing is usually attainable through negotiation or joining car clubs.