IL Dealer replaces problematic Nissan Rogue with Explorer

HotRunrGuy

• akirby changed the title to IL Dealer replaces problematic Nissan Rogue with Explorer

If you look hard enough you can find a horror story on any make model. I know several people that own the Rogue-and they like them. They have been pretty sold sellers for Nissan as well. 

I mean C'mon-the "dry clutch" transmissions in some Ford models are nightmares/jokes/and a few other choice names for those who own them.

Edited by CKNSLS

3 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

If you look hard enough you can find a horror story on any make model. I know several people that own the Rogue-and they like them. They have been pretty sold sellers for Nissan as well. 

I mean C'mon-the "dry clutch" transmissions in some Ford models are nightmares/jokes/and a few other choice names for those who own them.

It’s not that the Nissan had a problem. It’s interesting that they put him in a different manufacturers car all together. That’s very odd. You would think they would want him back in a Nissan. I’m sure that’s how they made the numbers work because it was a trade in and I’m sure they were light in the Explorer. However, bad PR to put a customer in another brand after they had problems with yours. 

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

Yes and the vehicle he was given was an 11-15MY.  

Which means it probably is the latter. Which means epas is less likely to fail. Not everyone fails. Obviously you are salty about epas. If you had to repair yours because you were out of warranty and didn’t opt for an esp, well then that sucks. Doesn’t mean everyone will fail. I’m not even sure how this pertains to this thread. Other than he had a Nissan that the emergency braking was erratic and Nissan hadn’t come up with a fix yet and it happened a few times.  The customer became scared of the car so he traded. 

The only real oddity of the situation is that he’s in a Ford rather than a nissan from a nissan dealer.  Which now HRG explained that company owns a Ford store also, which makes more sense.