Didn't upgrade the Stereo System in My new 2019 GT

Robbo

Okay.

I think I goofed on one option choice I made on my 2019 GT..  I didn't upgrade the factory stereo from 9 to 12 speakers... Figured the Roar of the exhaust would would compensate, but I'm still wanting some BASS from the stereo, and the 9 speaker version doesn't cut it..   

I'm looking for options.:

• Can I go back to Ford and order the upgrade to B&O or am I too late,  if yes, is the B&O worth it??   
  • If i'm too late for the B&O,  what options does anyone recommend for an upgrade...  Looking for a sub at minimum that could work with the current 9spkr system, without tearing the whole car apart:: )

Suggests/Thoughts/Polite Limericks are welcomed

Rob

It's probably too late. I haven't worked with the new B&O systems but the old Sony systems used different wiring harnesses throughout the whole car, including the doors. I would imagine the new one is the same way. What I would recommend is investigating aftermarket options if that's something you really want to do. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

2 hours ago, Robbo said:

Thanks.  Figures...    

Now the question is what's the best bang for the buck in the after market?   anybody have any experience/recommendations?

Why don't you just order another one?  Dealer will sell the first one to someone else. You aren't obligated to buy it or take delivery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robbo said:

Thanks.  Figures...    

Now the question is what's the best bang for the buck in the after market?   anybody have any experience/recommendations?

I generally don't like making recommendations on stereo systems because it's so subjective. My advice is find a place that specializes in car audio that has a good reputation and just listen to a few different speakers or whatever you’re looking for in your price range and pick the one you like best. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flying68 said:

Why don't you just order another one?  Dealer will sell the first one to someone else. You aren't obligated to buy it or take delivery.

Will wait till next year, and get next year's model ?

• 8 months later...

Hi Robbo,

If you want the cleanest looking solution then I would suggest the JL Audio Subwoofer box from the link below. However this will only increase the bass. You would still need to increase the number of speakers in which you would pick you favorite Coaxial speaker brand to replace the to back shelf speakers which are just mid range . The new co-axial speakers should be of a good brand increasing the quality of your mids and adding on a treble with the tweeter co-axial in which the setup will finally sound the closet to the B&O system : might be better if you tweak everything right. 

JL Subwoofer Box

On 8/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, Robbo said:

Okay.

I think I goofed on one option choice I made on my 2019 GT..  I didn't upgrade the factory stereo from 9 to 12 speakers... Figured the Roar of the exhaust would would compensate, but I'm still wanting some BASS from the stereo, and the 9 speaker version doesn't cut it..   

I'm looking for options.:

• Can I go back to Ford and order the upgrade to B&O or am I too late,  if yes, is the B&O worth it??   
  • If i'm too late for the B&O,  what options does anyone recommend for an upgrade...  Looking for a sub at minimum that could work with the current 9spkr system, without tearing the whole car apart:: )

Suggests/Thoughts/Polite Limericks are welcomed

Rob

My first car didn't even come with a stereo. I taped a transister radio to the dash for a couple weeks, untill I bought a $29 stereo/tape player. Hooking it up to the 2 speakers was a breeze!

I think I bought it from Montgomery Ward, but they are closed now, so you are out of luck!