Would this CarFax History concern you?

The images are probably blocked on your computer due to corporate filtering.  As for the history, there is nothing on there, looks like it was bought and sold a couple of times privately, or perhaps transferred in a family.  Maybe a fleet vehicle, who knows.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was wondering if the images were just blocked on my work computer. I'm new to this forum so I wasn't certain if that was the issue or if it was user error. Sounds like you can see them so thanks for replying and confirming that!

As for the history...

05/02/2018 - First owner reported, registered as a commercial vehicle
11/06/2018 - New owner reported
11/29/2018 - New owner reported
04/05/2019 - New owner reported
05/22/2019 - New owner reported

I just haven't ever seen a vehicle change ownership that many times in such a short period of time. I wasn't sure if there was some common explanation that exists for this type of frequent retitling.

Just now, akirby said:

Some of those are probably just wholesale transactions but given a choice between that vehicle and one without such a history I'd choose another one.  Too many unknowns for me.

I haven't found another one with the exact set of features and low miles within 500 miles of me. Been looking for 3 months. Can't decide if I should keep on waiting. The price is good as well. Not too good to be true where it makes me think there is definitely something wrong here. But it's firmly in the "good deal" range.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It it was me I'd have it checked at a Ford dealer and have them check OASIS for repair history.  And maybe get a warranty.

Hadn't thought about having the dealership look at it. Wonder what the dealer that is selling it will say if I ask to have that done?

As for warranty, it's only got 12k miles on it so it's still under original factory warranty.

6 hours ago, SodiumMonkey said:

Hadn't thought about having the dealership look at it. Wonder what the dealer that is selling it will say if I ask to have that done?

As for warranty, it's only got 12k miles on it so it's still under original factory warranty.

Hi Sodium. My advice: If I was going to have a Dealer check/inspect a car I was thinking of purchasing, it would definitely not be the Dealer selling it. Yes, ask the selling Dealership for the Oasis report, as akirby suggested.  But find another Ford Dealership or an Independent shop/mechanic you can trust to inspect it.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Sodium. My advice: If I was going to have a Dealer check/inspect a car I was thinking of purchasing, it would definitely not be the Dealer selling it. Yes, ask the selling Dealership for the Oasis report, as akirby suggested.  But find another Ford Dealership or an Independent shop/mechanic you can trust to inspect it.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If it’s a Ford dealer ask them to show you the Oasis report.  If they say no run away!

Thank you both for the replies. The dealer selling the truck is not a Ford dealer. I'm going to go look at the truck tomorrow so I'll see if the dealer will let me drive it over to the local Ford dealership for an inspection. Would I be able to have the local Ford dealership get me the Oasis report for it if I brought the truck to them for inspection?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SodiumMonkey said:

Thank you both for the replies. The dealer selling the truck is not a Ford dealer. I'm going to go look at the truck tomorrow so I'll see if the dealer will let me drive it over to the local Ford dealership for an inspection. Would I be able to have the local Ford dealership get me the Oasis report for it if I brought the truck to them for inspection?

You've gonna pay for that inspection / report.

10 hours ago, SodiumMonkey said:

Hi Sodium.  Any Ford Dealer can provide you with an OASIS report.  Whether a Dealer will perform a used vehicle inspection is up to the individual Dealership, so you may want to call first (although in my experience, stopping by will usually get better results than a phone call). Some may, others prefer to just do repairs and maintenance work. A nice Ford Dealer may even provide the OASIS report for "free", if they re willing and you have them do a paid vehicle inspection, since the vehicle should be connected to perform a diagnostics check anyway.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Sodium.  Any Ford Dealer can provide you with an OASIS report.  Whether a Dealer will perform a used vehicle inspection is up to the individual Dealership, so you may want to call first (although in my experience, stopping by will usually get better results than a phone call). Some may, others prefer to just do repairs and maintenance work. A nice Ford Dealer may even provide the OASIS report for "free", if they re willing and you have them do a paid vehicle inspection, since the vehicle should be connected to perform a diagnostics check anyway.

Went and test drove the truck this afternoon. Worked out what I feel like was a good and fair deal on it. Took it home. The deal is contingent on the results of the local Ford dealership’s inspection and Oasis report. I’m dropping it off over there tomorrow morning. We’ll see what they say. 

Thanks to everyone for the insight. Hoping everything comes back good to go. The truck is VERY nice!

Had my local Ford dealership do a full inspection on the truck. There was one open recall for the engine block heater. They do not have the parts to fix that issue currently. That's fine though since I live in Tennessee.

The only issue they found was a very slight leak in the front transfer case. They said it wasn't seeping or dripping, but there was a very slight leak there. They are going to replace the transfer case at no charge since it is under the bumper to bumper warranty still.

I have only found two other very minor things. The backlight that illuminates the "P R N D M" next to the shifter is out. And the light under the passenger seat that illuminates the rear floorboard on that side is also out. They are going to correct those issues when I take it back for the transfer case.

So all in all, I feel good about the truck. Thanks so much to everyone for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, SodiumMonkey said:

Had my local Ford dealership do a full inspection on the truck. There was one open recall for the engine block heater. They do not have the parts to fix that issue currently. That's fine though since I live in Tennessee.

The only issue they found was a very slight leak in the front transfer case. They said it wasn't seeping or dripping, but there was a very slight leak there. They are going to replace the transfer case at no charge since it is under the bumper to bumper warranty still.

I have only found two other very minor things. The backlight that illuminates the "P R N D M" next to the shifter is out. And the light under the passenger seat that illuminates the rear floorboard on that side is also out. They are going to correct those issues when I take it back for the transfer case.

So all in all, I feel good about the truck. Thanks so much to everyone for the help.

Just hit the + on the gear selector and the 1-6 reappears on the cluster.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, SodiumMonkey said:

The floor shift selector should probably not be illuminated.  See the SSM below:

SSM 47929 - 2018-2019 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018
2018-2019 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. The componentis no longer equipped due to a running change. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Theaddition of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:14 AM, blwnsmoke said:

Just hit the + on the gear selector and the 1-6 reappears on the cluster.

The 1-10 showing me which gear I am in displays correctly on the left side of the 8" screen in the dash cluster. I'm talking about the "P R N D M" next to the shifter:

https://www.web2carz.com/images/mmy/201805/2018-ford-f-150-platinum_shifter_1527266241_700x467.jpg

On 8/19/2019 at 6:14 AM, blwnsmoke said:

"P R N D M"

6 hours ago, daniel94 said:

The floor shift selector should probably not be illuminated.  See the SSM below:

SSM 47929 - 2018-2019 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018
2018-2019 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. The componentis no longer equipped due to a running change. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Theaddition of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

Does "floor shift" mean the one I posted above? It's in the center console stack. I guess that's the floor as opposed to the drive column. I just don't think of it being on the floor. Floor shift in my mind looks like this:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4354193951_d32f9c4a9d.jpg

47 minutes ago, madlionm said:

I've seen that kind of history with cars being sold in auctions and stuff. I would not worry much about it, just make sure you have a reputable shop inspect it and you should be good to go which it seems like you did!

Thanks! So far so good!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, SodiumMonkey said:

Looking at buying this 2018 F-150. It was originally for the Canadian market. Not sure what is going on with the number of owners here:

7-C5-A233-B-0789-47-D6-90-C0-3809-D8-D7-yes

I’m not sure why to make of this honestly. Would this concern you? Would you still purchase the truck?