Owners of "My Ford Touch" Will Receive Checks

While It was a good effort, and the idea of a fully integrated digital control and information setup sounds good.... Ford does not seem to be very good at this.  (Have they improved recently?)

Why is it so hard to just put a blank screen in the car with android and apple radio, and create two apps to control vehicle functions.  You mix that with appropriate physical controls, and you simply keep the apps updated with new vehicle releases and bug fixes.

Perhaps stop trying so hard to have a super intense computer to control and manage the car at the user end, and just KISS.

And then maybe down the line you can start adding extra functionality after you've established a solid core.

How is fords system nowadays? I haven't driven in a new ford with the fancy gizmos. Have they finally fixed the issues yet?

Sync3 has been really good from day one.

MFT was horrible because Ford tied it to the 2011 Edge launch and outsourced development to a bunch of wankers from BSquare that had no idea what they were doing.   And they had no backup plan, so it was either delay the 2011 Edge (not viable) or put it out with bugs and try to fix it quickly.  They seemed to have learned that lesson though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

And for general inconvenience its only $45 bucks. 

That's to buy enough pain medication to alleviate the effects of punching the MFT screen in frustration. ?

1 hour ago, probowler said:

How is fords system nowadays? I haven't driven in a new ford with the fancy gizmos. Have they finally fixed the issues yet?

Yes sir. The new Sync 3 system is excellent. In my 2019 Ranger it is fast, easy to use, and rarely crashes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

That's to buy enough pain medication to alleviate the effects of punching the MFT screen in frustration. ?

Yes sir. The new Sync 3 system is excellent. In my 2019 Ranger it is fast, easy to use, and rarely crashes. 

Rarely crashes?  Sync 3 hasn’t crashed once in my 2018 Mustang. 

9 hours ago, CurtisH said:

Rarely crashes?  Sync 3 hasn’t crashed once in my 2018 Mustang. 

Yeah I was gonna say my Wife's Escape has been pretty much flawless.

I've learned to live with the shortcomings of MFT with my SHO-I know what I can do with it so it doesn't drive me up a wall. It works ok for making calls (after waiting a minute or two after starting the car) by voice, but most other voice commands are an exercise in futility 

I bought my Fusion in early 2013 and it froze up twice before the update that summer.  After that it never crashed and I rarely had an issue with voice commands.  I think there were a lot of hardware issues in addition to the software bugs.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:57 AM, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I was gonna say my Wife's Escape has been pretty much flawless.

I've learned to live with the shortcomings of MFT with my SHO-I know what I can do with it so it doesn't drive me up a wall. It works ok for making calls (after waiting a minute or two after starting the car) by voice, but most other voice commands are an exercise in futility 

I realize your car is older but Ford can't fix and patch that up? There must be thousands of 2013 Taurus owners having a wonky MFT... unless the problem is just random and sporadic?  Which also seems weird to me, unless there's some hardware issues?

7 hours ago, probowler said:

I realize your car is older but Ford can't fix and patch that up? There must be thousands of 2013 Taurus owners having a wonky MFT... unless the problem is just random and sporadic?  Which also seems weird to me, unless there's some hardware issues?

The only repeatable issue I have is when I first start the car up and use voice commands-I ask to dial someone and it keeps prompting me to say a command-Wait two or three minutes and it works perfectly fine. I was having issues once in a great while where I'd be on a call with someone, shut the car down (getting gas) try reconnecting to them and it wouldn't. I think that was a phone issue, since it hasn't happened in quite sometime. Another issue would be the right side IP display would freeze, but that hasn't happened in years either-it just cleared up on its own.

In the grand scheme of things they aren't that big of a deal and I'd give the MFT a C overall in the current state I have it in my car-and I believe I have the latest update for it. 

On 8/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, probowler said:

Why is it so hard to just put a blank screen in the car with android and apple radio, and create two apps to control vehicle functions.  You mix that with appropriate physical controls, and you simply keep the apps updated with new vehicle releases and bug fixes.

It's easy to say "why is it so hard" through a 2019-colored lens.  Back when MFT/MLT was still in production, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay didn't exist.