Jump to content
  • Custom Search


143lineman

Adding options after truck has been ordered

Recommended Posts

Was wondering if anyone new if you can still add options to ordered truck after order has been placed? Got  window sticker and not all options were ordered that I wanted. 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 143lineman said:

Was wondering if anyone new if you can still add options to ordered truck after order has been placed? Got  window sticker and not all options were ordered that I wanted. 

Thanks 

You need to speak to your dealer and ask him or her why your order is different that what you placed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 143lineman said:

Was wondering if anyone new if you can still add options to ordered truck after order has been placed? Got  window sticker and not all options were ordered that I wanted. 

Thanks 

You can change options any time up until it's given a VIN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you already have a VIN #, it appears to be too late to change. But, what kind of discrepancy's are you seeing, is it possible that certain options you wanted are not available in the trim level you ordered?

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, twintornados said:

You need to speak to your dealer and ask him or her why your order is different that what you placed. 

I did and he said he thought the option was added, said he was trying to get it added but was waiting on his ford rep to get back with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Since you already have a VIN #, it appears to be too late to change. But, what kind of discrepancy's are you seeing, is it possible that certain options you wanted are not available in the trim level you ordered?

HRG

Was wanting the camera for the bed to hook up gooseneck. It’s available for the xlt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You can change options any time up until it's given a VIN. 

I guess I’m screwed have had vin for awhile now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 143lineman said:

I guess I’m screwed have had vin for awhile now.

You don’t have to accept this one.  I would reorder to get exactly what I want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tbone said:

You don’t have to accept this one.  I would reorder to get exactly what I want. 

I thinking about it, that is one option I really wanted and can’t be added later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 143lineman said:

I did and he said he thought the option was added, said he was trying to get it added but was waiting on his ford rep to get back with him.

Well, then he will have a nicely equipped truck (except the camera) for inventory as he goes back and correctly orders your truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×