• Custom Search

Stampy

My Second Ford, first Lincoln

Just took delivery of a 2019 Continental Reserve AWD two days ago. Had a Crown Vic about 10 years ago, and in between a Charger. Love the Continental, despite no RWD. Love old American sedans made new. That makes me quite a minority, I realize. So I just wanted to say "hi".

1 hour ago, Stampy said:

Just took delivery of a 2019 Continental Reserve AWD two days ago. Had a Crown Vic about 10 years ago, and in between a Charger. Love the Continental, despite no RWD. Love old American sedans made new. That makes me quite a minority, I realize. So I just wanted to say "hi".

Welcome!  I personally think the Continental is a nice looking car, so congrats!

One thing I can't find....I have the light leather interior (Reserve). Besides a moist cloth and perhaps a 5 percent hand soap 95 percent water solution, do you know of any cleaners conditioners that can be safely used on this interior ?   That's all the manual recommends but light colored leather often needs to be cleaned/conditioned. Lincoln always cautions against using any commercial product...

5 hours ago, Stampy said:

One thing I can't find....I have the light leather interior (Reserve). Besides a moist cloth and perhaps a 5 percent hand soap 95 percent water solution, do you know of any cleaners conditioners that can be safely used on this interior ?   That's all the manual recommends but light colored leather often needs to be cleaned/conditioned. Lincoln always cautions against using any commercial product...

Motorcraft ZC-56 premium leather cleaner.

https://www.sherwoodford.ca/blog/best-way-keep-leather-seats-looking-like-new/

Congratulations on the Continental.   I have a 2017 model and appreciate it even more now than when I first got it.   I also have the cappuccino interior and I like Lexol products.    I have only used a damp cloth for cleaning but I use the Lexol conditioner 3-4 times a year.   I did the same with my MKS that had a light color interior and it looked like new after 7 years and 70,000 miles.   I think the conditioner makes cleaning easier and harsh cleaning agents unnecessary.    

What color is your Continental? I love the door handles on them.