Bronco and Mustang inspired EV lead Fords new 2020 product lineup

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

Do you know what Model Year it's likely to be? My thinking is '23MY, but that's based on nothing but wishful thinking and assumptions lol

S650 should be MY22 believe it or not..... Again this stays on the current platform, this will be a major overhaul with new sheet metal and interior but same footprint and same roof etc. The S750 will MY26 and will be all new from the ground up and probably on CD6 by then.

Edited by ExplorerDude
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

S650 should be MY22 believe it or not..... Again this stays on the current platform, this will be a major overhaul with new sheet metal and interior but same footprint and same roof etc. The S750 will MY26 and will be all new from the ground up and probably on CD6 by then.

That's good info, thank you.

So, we should see the first prototypes next Summer (ish)........seeing as the '21MY F150 has been spied since early Summer this year.

1 hour ago, ExplorerDude said:

If the rumors of the Camaro's demise are true Hackett will likely cancel the NG Stang as he will have better uses for the money such as the autonomous program and maybe another run at electric bikes.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I wonder how they are fitting the battery for the Hybrid Mustang then? Aren't we supposed to get a Hybrid in the next 18 months or so?

Good question... maybe the Mustang hybrid is a 48V mild hybrid and not a full on parallel hybrid. You don't need that many batteries to give the 5.0 V8 a little power boost. On the new Audi and Mercedes with 48V system, the battery is in the trunk. I think Ford's 48V system that it is rolling out in Europe is similar.

A181446_full.jpg?1517997050

1 minute ago, Trader 10 said:

If the rumors of the Camaro's demise are true Hackett will likely cancel the NG Stang as he will have better uses for the money such as the autonomous program and maybe another run at electric bikes.

Since Mustang is now a "world stage" vehicle, I don't believe the NG Mustang will get cancelled.

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

Good question... maybe the Mustang hybrid is a 48V mild hybrid and not a full on parallel hybrid. You don't need that many batteries to give the 5.0 V8 a little power boost. On the new Audi and Mercedes with 48V system, the battery is in the trunk. I think Ford's 48V system that it is rolling out in Europe is similar.

I'd think it would get the same power train setup as in the Explorer/Aviator/upcoming F-150 with the 10 speed Auto...

On 8/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, Trader 10 said:

I thought the rumor of camaro going away was proven to be a misunderstanding or reported incorrectly.

9 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

Automotive News in its annual future product guide reported it will end production in 2023. 

That's long enough that people will forget what was said.....maybe the Alphas and CT6 both get replaced by a new modular RWD/AWD architecture that's electric friendly. Something that more closely tracks to buyer expectations.

Edited by jpd80

On 8/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, jpd80 said:

That's long enough that people will forget what was said.....maybe the Alphas and CT6 both get replaced by a new modular RWD/AWD architecture that's electric friendly. Something that more closely tracks to buyer expectations.

ANOTHER platform from GM?  Impossible.  They stick to platforms for decades ? ? ?

• Like 1

Rumors on the Camaro have it either continuing on the current platform until their next RWD platform is available which might not happen until 2025 at the earliest or they will scrap that plan altogether and re-engineer the Camaro to go all electric sometime after the current platform is discontinued, supposedly in 2023. The fact that Al Oppenheiser was reassigned from lead engineer on Camaro to their electric vehicle development program seems to be feeding that rumor...