DPoS6 news.

Here's the info on DPoS6 coverages (finally) and I hope I have this right as it is a tad confusing. 

Vehicles who were covered under FSA 15B22 but have not had FSA 14M02 or TSB 16-0129 performed will have FSA 15B22 re-opened and have free software installed until 8/31/2020 for the TCM. No mileage limit, branded title vehicles are covered. 

FSA 19N07 then covers the TCM in those cars (some 11-15 Fiesta and 12-14 Focus) for TCM replacement 6 months from the time of a repair order for FSA 15B22 being opened. Most branded title cars are covered, but there are VERY specific exclusions. 

FSA 19N08 extends clutch shudder coverage to 7 years or 100k miles from in service date for 14 and 15 Fiesta and 14-16 Focus. Branded titles excluded. 

****This is all VIN specific*** so it must be checked through OASIS, and is in addition to cars already covered by FSA 14M01 and FSA 14M02.  

https://fox6now.com/2019/08/14/ford-extends-transmission-warranty-for-560k-fiestas-focuses/

The latest move covers 2014 through 2016 model year Focuses built before Nov. 5, 2015, as well as 2014 and 2015 Fiestas built before Oct. 15, 2014.

It extends clutch warranties to seven years or 100,000 miles, while the warranty on the transmission control computer goes to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Ford also will reimburse customers in this group who paid for clutch repairs out of their own pockets, and it’s giving owners of older Focuses and Fiestas another chance to get a free transmission software update.

The extension, coupled with previous Ford actions, means that all Focuses and Fiestas built before the second half of 2015 will get the extended warranties. The company says fixes were made at the factory for cars built after that time.

And then the best part....   lmao....

Vice President of Powertrain engineering Dave Filipe says tests show that customers are satisfied with cars that have received transmission hardware and software updates. Third-party surveys such as J.D. Power & Associates show the transmission “provides a competitive level of shift quality,” Filipe said. The warranty extensions are not related to the lawsuit settlement, Filipe said.

and....

Filipe said Wednesday that Ford’s action had nothing to do with the newspaper report, and denied that the company was aware of problems before the cars went on sale. “At every step we acted right away to address the issues,” he said. 

Edited by blwnsmoke

1 minute ago, Anthony said:

How about us morons who traded in / sold ours and got reduced value because theses POS trans?

You either live with it and hope that the correct repairs can be made or get rid of it...all about choices and I do not think this fix from Ford will do anything to address the valuation of the car...that ship has sailed and the value of these cars are what it is, nothing will change that. 

22 minutes ago, Anthony said:

How about us morons who traded in / sold ours and got reduced value because theses POS trans?

Is there any evidence that this hurt resale value though?  Focus resale was never that great to begin with.  In 2016 we got over $8k for a 5 yr old 2012 sell hatchback that cost $20k new.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Is there any evidence that this hurt resale value though?  Focus resale was never that great to begin with.  In 2016 we got over $8k for a 5 yr old 2012 sell hatchback that cost $20k new.

As far as I know, residuals on Focus was never that high. That's why they didn't always lease that well. 

This morning my daughter called our local Ford dealer to have her 2014 Focus re-clutched. When nshe had her TCM replaced last month they had told her that her clutch needed replacing, but she doesn't have the money for that right now. The service advisor was surprised she knew about FSA 19N08 since they only got notification yesterday after lunch.  They scheduled her car for next Tuesday and my daughter is happy as a clam. Her words were: "Daddy, I was really irritrated at Ford over this whole deal. I love my car, but I was thinking it was doomed. Ford apparently is trying to make this right, so I have confidence in them again."

The news covers later Focus and Fiestas, what about the earlier build vehicles built 2011-2014?
are they now considered beyond any warranty assistance or would there be a pro-rata type deal
on assisting with costs on +7 year old vehicles and clutch replacement?

Edited by jpd80

33 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The news covers later Focus and Fiestas, what about the earlier build vehicles built 2011-2014?
are they now considered beyond any warranty assistance or would there be a pro-rata type deal
on assisting with costs on +7 year old vehicles and clutch replacement?

They are all still covered by the 7year/100k mile 14M01 program if clean title and not out on time or miles. Also still covered by 14M02 for the TCM for 10years/150k miles. The last couple I have done (out on miles) CRC offered a percentage towards the repair. But that is on a case by case basis. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Where can i find this specific info? i was told the same you have above but cannot find it in writing from Ford

Here's the info on DPoS6 coverages (finally) and I hope I have this right as it is a tad confusing. 

Vehicles who were covered under FSA 15B22 but have not had FSA 14M02 or TSB 16-0129 performed will have FSA 15B22 re-opened and have free software installed until 8/31/2020 for the TCM. No mileage limit, branded title vehicles are covered. 

FSA 19N07 then covers the TCM in those cars (some 11-15 Fiesta and 12-14 Focus) for TCM replacement 6 months from the time of a repair order for FSA 15B22 being opened. Most branded title cars are covered, but there are VERY specific exclusions. 

FSA 19N08 extends clutch shudder coverage to 7 years or 100k miles from in service date for 14 and 15 Fiesta and 14-16 Focus. Branded titles excluded. 

****This is all VIN specific*** so it must be checked through OASIS, and is in addition to cars already covered by FSA 14M01 and FSA 14M02.  

3 hours ago, fordf'dus said:

Hi,

Where can i find this specific info? i was told the same you have above but cannot find it in writing from Ford

PM me your VIN. I can tell you what it has as far as coverage.