Aviator Reviews

10 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

From every first drive, each said the GT felt significantly quicker from a start. Here we have a test saying its inherit advantage isn't? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

See above, I recognize the similar trap speeds, but it is a faster vehicle.  Other testers will have different trap speeds, some maybe slower.  Based on the fact you have a much heavier vehicle putting in a few same numbers and then a larger gap in others, I would think the inherit advantage is there.  23 MPG overall vs 20 MPG is pretty significant also.

14 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

I would not focus so much on the Trap numbers, it brakes shorter, has better skid pad numbers, passes quicker, figure 8s faster, is a lot faster in the taller gears.  I'd bet a nickel it is tuned to not rush out of the gate to keep Grandma from getting whiplash.  The widening gap at higher speeds support that.  I'm sure if you want to monkey with the tune, it will launch pretty quick.  Another reason to harness that kind of power is to not snap the drive shaft.  Launching almost three tons into a 13.8 quarter at over 100mph takes a pretty beefy shaft to start with, applying all that torque would probably take an upgrade.    

I agree except 0-60 is probably the number 1 cited performance figure.  The GT needs to have that be quicker simply for marketing.  I suspect it in fact is.