Hennessy Ford Bad, Mustang LED Taillamp repair

Fordowner

My 2018 Mustang rear led turn signal, break light and emergency flashers stopped worker - the tail light/parking lights work and the 3rd break light works and everything on the front works.      I have looked around the internet because I'm thinking this must be happening to other stock led mustang tail lamps.  But haven't found anything.   However in talking to dealers it has happened.      My problem is I brought it in to Hennessy Ford in Chamblee GA on a Monday afternoon, called Wednesday AM. because I had not heard anything, was not called back so called again late Wednesday afternoon and was told they had not even looked at the issue yet...but they did the oil change - (to which i said the car was brought in for the taillights the oil change is just the tack on job).      I took the car back because they  wouldn't tell me when they would get to it because they are backed up!   So over 2 days and they can't even look at it so the part can be ordered?    Problem is it is a Warranty covered repair so I guess I have to find another Ford Dealership....right?

Its also interesting that this is the one time they don't bombard me with the Ford Viewpoint survey requests. 

8 hours ago, Fordowner said:

My 2018 Mustang rear led turn signal, break light and emergency flashers stopped worker - the tail light/parking lights work and the 3rd break light works and everything on the front works.      I have looked around the internet because I'm thinking this must be happening to other stock led mustang tail lamps.  But haven't found anything.   However in talking to dealers it has happened.      My problem is I brought it in to Hennessy Ford in Chamblee GA on a Monday afternoon, called Wednesday AM. because I had not heard anything, was not called back so called again late Wednesday afternoon and was told they had not even looked at the issue yet...but they did the oil change - (to which i said the car was brought in for the taillights the oil change is just the tack on job).      I took the car back because they  wouldn't tell me when they would get to it because they are backed up!   So over 2 days and they can't even look at it so the part can be ordered?    Problem is it is a Warranty covered repair so I guess I have to find another Ford Dealership....right?

Its also interesting that this is the one time they don't bombard me with the Ford Viewpoint survey requests. 

Hi Fordowner.  Did you purchase it at Hennessey? In an ideal world, it should not matter. However, sometimes it does.  If you did not purchase it at Hennessey, try the Dealership where you purchased. Or yes, try another Dealership.

Keep us updated and good luck.

15 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Fordowner.  Did you purchase it at Hennessey? In an ideal world, it should not matter. However, sometimes it does.  If you did not purchase it at Hennessey, try the Dealership where you purchased. Or yes, try another Dealership.

Thanks, While my other 2 Fords and my past Fords are from there, bought this one at the end of the 2018 model year off the lot of another Ford Dealer as Hennessy had very few.   But yea, I understand if that is the problem, but they should be up front enough to say that rather than take my car and do the Oil Change and waste my time by not looking at it for 2 1/2 days.   Silly me I thought their excessive mark ups were incentive enough to take my car.    Is warranty repair unprofitable for a dealer's service department?

Edited by Fordowner

On 8/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, Fordowner said:

Thanks, While my other 2 Fords and my past Fords are from there, bought this one at the end of the 2018 model year off the lot of another Ford Dealer as Hennessy had very few.   But yea, I understand if that is the problem, but they should be up front enough to say that rather than take my car and do the Oil Change and waste my time by not looking at it for 2 1/2 days.   Silly me I thought their excessive mark ups were incentive enough to take my car.    Is warranty repair unprofitable for a dealer's service department?

Hi Fordowner.  Hope you understand I am not defending that type of Dealer service behavior, only pointing out the sometime realities.

Quite the opposite to what you asked, Warranty repair is generally profitable. Most Dealers welcome it. But then again, in addition to the individual Dealer's quality, attitude and respect for the customer, it can sometimes depend on the type of work. If you had an appointment, I have no idea why they would have let the car sit for 2 1/2 days without looking at it, unless they were extremely busy, or there were some other extenuating circumstances (short of techs due to sick calls, etc).  Either way, they should have been more upfront with you.

16 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Fordowner.  Hope you understand I am not defending that type of Dealer service behavior, only pointing out the sometime realities.

Thanks bbf2530 and understood.   I dropped my 1 year old Mustang off at Nally Ford in Sandy Springs on Saturday.  Bryson the Service Advisor, let me know that the techs were not in on Saturday but would look at it on Monday.   I said I would leave it anyway.   I got a text from him saying if I ever wanted to check in I could call him or text him back (which i liked because texting takes up less of my time - vs. going through a phone tree to reach your advisor when he's not on the phone).   He then called me before 10 AM this morning, Monday.    Said it was a module that will take 2 days to arrive.   Far better service than Hennessy Ford saying in 2 1/2 business days they had not diagnosed it yet and that it could take 2 weeks.         In the past I never had a problem at Hennessy or its predecessors, (Tim Stewart Ford, then Malcom Cunningham Ford, then Hennessy).  perhaps it is the Service Advisor I got at Hennessy.    

I will let you know when I get the car back, though it seems like a fairly simple repair since it's a specific part in the electrical system. 

Edited by Fordowner

6 hours ago, Fordowner said:

Thanks bbf2530 and understood.   I dropped my 1 year old Mustang off at Nally Ford in Sandy Springs on Saturday.  Bryson the Service Advisor, let me know that the techs were not in on Saturday but would look at it on Monday.   I said I would leave it anyway.   I got a text from him saying if I ever wanted to check in I could call him or text him back (which i liked because texting takes up less of my time - vs. going through a phone tree to reach your advisor when he's not on the phone).   He then called me before 10 AM this morning, Monday.    Said it was a module that will take 2 days to arrive.   Far better service than Hennessy Ford saying in 2 1/2 business days they had not diagnosed it yet and that it could take 2 weeks.         In the past I never had a problem at Hennessy or its predecessors, (Tim Stewart Ford, then Malcom Cunningham Ford, then Hennessy).  perhaps it is the Service Advisor I got at Hennessy.    

I will let you know when I get the car back, though it seems like a fairly simple repair since it's a specific part in the electrical system. 

Hi Fordowner.  Sounds like you may have found a good Dealership to give your business to from now on, if you decide you're no longer happy with Hennessey. And if you get a service satisfaction survey from Ford or Hennessey about that unsatisfactory service visit, let them know how you feel.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

On 8/19/2019 at 9:58 PM, bbf2530 said:

Hi Fordowner.  Sounds like you may have found a good Dealership to give your business to from now on, if you decide you're no longer happy with Hennessey. And if you get a service satisfaction survey from Ford or Hennessey about that unsatisfactory service visit, let them know how you feel.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Nalley Ford Service in Sandy Springs called Tuesday at 3 to tell me they had gotten the part in and the repair was complete.  I picked the car up Tuesday before close.  So they were done even before the estimated 2 days to get the part.     I asked if they had been getting many of these warranty repairs they said no - stating their rule of thumb is once a certain type of repair starts popping up they will stock the part.     Anyway a far far better experience at Nally than at Hennessey Ford in Chamblee - and while i'm hoping i don't have to get into the car market soon, Nalley will be the first place i go and where I go for future warranty repairs. 

• Like 1