Ford Creating Families Around Mustang, Bronco

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think the i-Paces are way overpriced.

Reviews were strongly positive. But they couldn't quite hit the price point and there were real-world range issues (vs. claimed range, which was apparently calculated by Jaguar by tests with no climate control active, in warm weather, and with absolutely everything possible electric turned off). Plus, since this is a JLR product, there are the usual reliability issues, especially with electronics. Those aside, a solid product ... but on the expensive side relative to the competition.

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

My prediction is Model E or MACH E will be sized close to Edge and starting MSRP around $50k.

Ford is planning to use VW's MEB for smaller EV so the Escape sized on priced under $40k will come later.

Mach E is going to be Escape sized. There are going to be mid-sized electric crossovers coming later from Flat Rock. 

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

Mach E is going to be Escape sized. There are going to be mid-sized electric crossovers coming later from Flat Rock. 

Since when? The only thing that is coming from there is Mustangs and Lincolns plus electric Transit Connects in the new building they are building there. 

36 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No, TC got moved to Mexico. 

Then there's this if you missed it 

https://www.autonews.com/future-product/ford-lincoln-ready-new-midsize-ev-crossovers

Thanks Fuzzy,
MY23 for the two BEV Crossovers at FRAP, both transferred from Cuautitlan - and traded to Mexico, TC and AVs

I wonder if the two mid sized BEV crossovers at FRAP are the "replacements" for Taurus and Continental.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No, TC got moved to Mexico. 

Then there's this if you missed it 

https://www.autonews.com/future-product/ford-lincoln-ready-new-midsize-ev-crossovers

Yeah I missed that-

I was under the impression that the TC was getting built in Mexico, but BEV verison was getting upfitted at Flat Rock-WTF are they doing with that new building then? Is that part of the new Hybrid products?

41 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I missed that-

I was under the impression that the TC was getting built in Mexico, but BEV verison was getting upfitted at Flat Rock-WTF are they doing with that new building then? Is that part of the new Hybrid products?

The new building is a data center, which explains why it's so far removed from the rest of the complex.

Interesting article around a new "Icon Group".......

I have a LOT of time for Dave Pericak..

Dave Pericak, director of enterprise product line management – Ford Icons, said during an interview that the Icon product team’s objective, is to maintain the love affair customers already have with iconic vehicles such as Ford Mustang, Bronco and Raptor.

“This is a legacy,” Pericak said during a conversation with reporters at the Dream Cruise where he was surrounded by Mustangs. “These vehicles are the face of the Ford Motor Co.”

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2019/08/ford-readying-for-mustang-inspired-suv-as-it-leans-on-icons/

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 7:48 PM, jpd80 said:

Thanks Fuzzy,
MY23 for the two BEV Crossovers at FRAP, both transferred from Cuautitlan - and traded to Mexico, TC and AVs

I wonder if the two mid sized BEV crossovers at FRAP are the "replacements" for Taurus and Continental.

So AVs are going to México?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, it seems like that's basically what we're getting...

Except Evos had to make room for an ICE and has a high fender line as a result. I *think* the Mach E is going to have better proportions (and a lower beltline) than Evos because its an EV on a true skateboard chassis.

4 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Except Evos had to make room for an ICE and has a high fender line as a result. I *think* the Mach E is going to have better proportions (and a lower beltline) than Evos because its an EV on a true skateboard chassis.

You may be right.  I just mean the general overall form looks to be exactly like Evos.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:33 AM, rmc523 said:

You may be right.  I just mean the general overall form looks to be exactly like Evos.

Correct, the Evos  concept heralded most of the modern post Kinetic styling traits found in Mustang and Euro based Fords.

It's an ideal starting point for developing a "Mustang-like" vehicle, it's the right size, right styling and different enough to not

impinge on S550 Mustang sales. I think that so long as the style and temprament of the vehicle is aligned with Mustang then,

all will be OK...more appropriate  than the lazy ass sacrilege of Mustang face on a FWD Escape/ Focus Active. 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, Stampede.Offroad said:

And here I thought they were just disguised too well to be recognized.

Unless you’re actually looking for them, most regular folks would regard them as just another camoed vehicle. Going out at nighttime makes them even less obvious.

Edited by jpd80