King Ranch trim Returns to 2020 Expedition

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/16/ford-expedition-king-ranch-prices/

When Ford refreshed the Expedition for the 2018 model year, the automaker sent the Texas-bred and leather-drenched King Ranch edition to the slaughterhouse. That changes next year when the 2020 Expedition restores the King Ranch to the lineup, bringing plenty of cowhide with it. The new model will add a fourth trim to the current XLT, Limited, and Platinum and be available on the standard Expedition and the Expedition Max, the latter being a foot longer. According to Cars Direct, starting price will be $72,895 before a $1,395 destination charge, coming out to $74,290. Opting for all-wheel drive takes that to $77,420. The Expedition Max King Ranch will retail for $76,985, or $80,110 to get all-wheel drive.

Identifying marks will include Stone Gray accents on the bumpers, roof rails, mirror caps, and the powered running boards, plus 22-inch aluminum wheels. The squiggly King Ranch logo will feature all over the vehicle, from the wheel center caps to the aluminum treadplates, floor mats, and all three rows of seating. The seats are stitched up in Del Rio leather, so too the steering wheel, center console, and door cards. The package appends many of the goodies found in Equipment Group 2A — normally a $6,440 option — like the aforementioned wheels, a panoramic roof, LED headlights and fog lights, enhanced park assist, a 360-degree camera view with camera washers front and rear, and power folding side mirrors. That prices the King Ranch package at about $3,440, which is the difference between it and an Expedition Limited with Equipment Group 302A. 

For some reason, there are no pictures of it available.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, Dlcorbett said:

There has never been a lariat trim for the expedition, why would they start now.

Because the rest of the Expedition line up are using truck trim levels: XLT ==> Lariat ==> King Ranch ==> Platinum ==> Limited

The "Limited" on Expedition is out of sequence. It is supposed to the Lariat.

• Like 1

The expy never really followed the truck lineup, it followed the explorer trim lineup until 2015 when it gained the platinum trim from the f150.  The expy never had an sxt, lariat, flareside or fx2/4 trim.  Xl, xls, Xlt, limited, and platinum is or has been used by the explorer as well.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s always been disjointed between trucks, cars and utilities.  This is one thing I thought Hackett would standardize.  I think it’s just because they’re done by different teams.

Meh, it helps differentiate between the F150 and the Expedition. I doubt that anyone without OCD actually cares about it.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:02 PM, rmc523 said:

Eddie Bauer used to be the equivalent of Lariat on the SUVs before Ford/Eddie Bauer parted ways in the late 2000s.

It was a popular trim, too. I don't think today's buyers care for the two-tone paint as much. The local dealers seem to order mostly monotone Lariats now.

9 hours ago, The Handler said:

It was a popular trim, too. I don't think today's buyers care for the two-tone paint as much. The local dealers seem to order mostly monotone Lariats now.

Our 99 Expedition EB was Blue with the beige accents.  Pretty sharp, but I don't recall much in the way of interior upgrades or other features.

16 hours ago, akirby said:

Our 99 Expedition EB was Blue with the beige accents.  Pretty sharp, but I don't recall much in the way of interior upgrades or other features.

Medium Wedgewood Blue was a pretty color. Thinking back to '05, the only standard features that separated the Eddie Bauer from the XLT was leather and dual-zone climate. And maybe keyless entry. Everything else was cosmetic.