As the World Turns - All My Children or Dark Shadows

Decker

Hmmm Who’s Next ???

Training center scandal now includes ex-UAW official connected to union's GM department

23,000 watches

The allegations against Grimes focus on a number of alleged schemes. In one case starting in 2006, the filing said, Grimes recommended a vendor to provide 23,000 watches to the GM center to distribute to one of GM's powertrain divisions. After "Vendor A" got the contract, "Grimes approached Vendor A and demanded a loan to purchase property in Rose Township, Michigan. When Vendor A refused Michael Grimes's demands, Michael Grimes threatened to cancel the watch contract."

The vendor provided $60,000 for a mortgage for the property in addition to a "consulting agreement" worth $1,800 per month that eventually increased to $3,800 per month, the filing said. "In exchange for Vendor A's kickbacks, Michael Grimes would secure the 'watch order,' ensure the retention and maintenance of Vendor A's retail stores in the GM plants and secure future business contracts between Vendor A and the UAW GM Department. In November 2006, Vendor A paid Michael Grimes $60,000," the information said.

An additional $900,000 in bribes, painted as consultant fees, were paid in the form of 27 checks from November 2010-October 2017 to either "KKG Consulting" — a sham company — or one of Grimes' relatives, the information said.

Team UAW jackets

In another case in 2011, Grimes recommended the same vendor for a $6 million contract for 50,000 "Team UAW-GM" jackets, the information said. Another official, described as "Union Official 1," wanted a cut of that deal, and Grimes was directed, by someone known as "Union Official 2," to demand $300,000 in kickbacks. "Union Official 2" got $30,000 of that money, the government said. As part of the deal, Grimes was also able to pay off a land contract for a house in Fenton with a $530,000 check from the vendor, the information said.

The paperwork references other deals, including a $5.8 million contract to provide 55,000 backpacks for UAW members and a separate watch contract involving a different vendor. It also noted that a piece of real estate in Fort Myers, Florida, and a 2017 Jeep Wrangler are subject to forfeiture if Grimes is convicted on the wire fraud conspiracy charge.

The Florida property, according to Zillow.com, is a 2,722-square-foot, three-bedroom, three-bathroom house that sold in February 2017 for $730,000.00

I got one of those backpacks at the ConCon ?

• Like 1

I’m glad that the theme for this year is “We are one” so we should be getting a big payday in September. Just like our leadership has been stuffing their pockets for years. Lock the Double talking self serving assholes up and take their UAW pensions away.

• Like 1

I`m wondering if "Union Official #1" and "Union Official #2" are getting their singing voices ready?

I`m sure any president can`t be aware of every little thing going on in there organization but, being a president of an organization that has so many of these little things going on in so many corners of their solid house.... makes the average due`s payer wonder.  :detective:

Edited by Decker

• 5 weeks later...

Dennis Dennis Dennis........  wasn`t your assistants house visited too?

ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT

Salary History

Year Title Gross Salary Total Compensation
2015 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT $130,607 $142,068
2014 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT $135,474 $148,560
2013 ADMIN ASSISTANT $129,588 $144,534
2012 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT $122,285 $135,002
2011 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT $118,874 $159,431
2010 ADMIN ASSIST $96,652 $115,506
2009 EDUC REP $76,257

$93,246

Edited by Decker

Not knowing every detail,I think the GM offer would pass at Ford.GM management and the IUAW are going at it with the workers in the middle.Personally I would vote NO.I want to see the lower tiers have a quicker progression to full pay otherwise {and it aint gonna make a difference to my personal situation} STRIKE.Oh and also make the signing bonus $10,000.They can shave a year/6 months off the progression time as a sign of good faith.

5 minutes ago, 2seater said:

So....I keep hearing this story that GM wants workers to pay 15% of their health care, of course who knows whats really true, but if it is.....no way it passes Ford or anyone else

it'll pass if they get to vote, majority don't even realize how much they currently pay. UAW doesn't communicate very well and not all workers comprehend very well. Put it on a piece of paper ass a lil UAW sugar and it'll pass. Especially now those striking just realized their health care expired with the contract and they'll need to strike 8 days before eligible for cobra and strike funds even though it's written out plain as day on the UAW site they were clueless and thought they were covered for the month. And to be honest 15% is way better then medicare for all like the UAW endorsed politicians want you on. So 3% to 15% is a lot but so is paying 7%-10% of our wage in dues. 

49 minutes ago, 2seater said:

So....I keep hearing this story that GM wants workers to pay 15% of their health care, of course who knows whats really true, but if it is.....no way it passes Ford or anyone else

Word also is the union flatly refused that and the company caved and went back to the 3% or whatever it currently is. 

6 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

it'll pass if they get to vote, majority don't even realize how much they currently pay. UAW doesn't communicate very well and not all workers comprehend very well. Put it on a piece of paper ass a lil UAW sugar and it'll pass. Especially now those striking just realized their health care expired with the contract and they'll need to strike 8 days before eligible for cobra and strike funds even though it's written out plain as day on the UAW site they were clueless and thought they were covered for the month. And to be honest 15% is way better then medicare for all like the UAW endorsed politicians want you on. So 3% to 15% is a lot but so is paying 7%-10% of our wage in dues. 

Are you nuts ? Do you have any idea how much 15 % of your health coverage would cost you? Lets say Ford pays a family of 4 around $ 2000 per month for coverage. Thats $ 300 out of your pocket per month. I dont know about your situation but that extra $ 300 for a faimly is quite a chunk of change. Thats $ 3600 per year less. That could go along way for a family's expenses. Until upper management at Fords start to take some pay cuts. ( how many BILLIONS $$$$$$$$ profit did Ford make the last few years ?) I will vote NO every time.

9 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

Obviously math is not your strong point. 7-10% of our wage in dues? Might want to rerun those numbers.

7 hours ago, Ontopya said:

Obviously math is not your strong point. 7-10% of our wage in dues? Might want to rerun those numbers.

you must be new, yes we pay 7-10% of our wage in dues after you add dues from bonuses. Don't say I'm wrong and not give the right answer. 

you're actually proving my point about workers not comprehending very well. 

Speaking of dues, once strike fund reaches 850 mill our dues were to be lowered. We were reaching the 800 mill mark before this strike, in order for them to continue getting the higher dues they needed to strike and spend some of that strike fund. https://uaw.org/dues-faq/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

you must be new, yes we pay 7-10% of our wage in dues after you add dues from bonuses. Don't say I'm wrong and not give the right answer. 

you're actually proving my point about workers not comprehending very well. 

Speaking of dues, once strike fund reaches 850 mill our dues were to be lowered. We were reaching the 800 mill mark before this strike, in order for them to continue getting the higher dues they needed to strike and spend some of that strike fund. https://uaw.org/dues-faq/ 

You’re wrong. Check your W-2 for the right answer. I’ve never paid more than 2%.