"Make no mistake about it",

Fatso

"Our laser focus continues to be on obtaining strong labor agreements with FCA,Ford and General Motors that secures our members economic and financial future",Brian Rothenberg,union spokesman.The UAW corruption scandal investigation goes a long way in helping to explain the current conditions on the plant floor.The underlying theme seems to me to be,you are to be compliant,be lucky you have a job,leave salaried people alone,you wanna fight,huh,then you fight with me your elected union rep!Of course not all locals are the same and not every elected union rep is the same,some are very dedicated to the membership they represent.However if all this money is changing hands at the highest level of the UAW its no wonder the union lets the company do what they want to us?The UAW`s mantra at plants they are trying to convert should be: DEAL and SQUEAL and pay us your dues.First contract offered------VOTE NO!Lets stop their factories,just to show them,we have the might and the courage to stand up to the Union and the Company that conspired to take advantage of us.Showing up at all hours of the day,performing our tasks,ignoring harassement and unequal enforcement of the contract.The factories stop producing and we stay out until we win.Wall Street will give us our victory because $$$$$$$ is the only thing the IUAW and the Company understand.

16 hours ago, cal50 said:

It's the IUAW staff that is subject of corruption and misusing our dues money, NOT the company.

Want to hurt the people responsible, stop sending them dues $$$ and make them go back to the line, or prison.

Cal FCAU executives told the VP in charge of labor to keep the IUAW "fat,dumb and happy".These investigations are ongoing and to be fair Ford, has not been mentioned yet.I like the idea of stopping dues and if,if corruption is discovered at Ford I will consider that an option.I cant help but see the IUAW as parasites and that Bob King,Bozo gives me nightmares.All the concessions he granted set the workers back years.

• Like 1

Agency Membership is by Michigan law a very viable opinion for members in Michigan. I wish Illinois gave me that opinion.

Since the law went into effect how many members have got as disgusted, offended or fricken fed up with what is going on to become an agency member? In Michigan?    

Could anyone imagine the shock wave that would happen if a true protest of the actions of our representatives, that started by having members walk in to their locals and sign the paperwork to slow the gravy train down? The Fox News and Detroit Free Press would jump on that like stink on shit. A membership protest based on the corruption of the IUAW leadership, imagine that.....     

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I don't see mass exodus from the UAW ranks advancing positive change at all. What needs to happen is the following.

1. More involvement in local UAW elections.

2. Changes in how upper level leaders are nominated and elected.

3. Improved attendance and voice at union meetings.

4. No longer accepting business as usual from our union at all levels.

5. improved focus on needs of membership.

6. Eliminations of tiers.

7. Improved election standards for contract ratification (computer voting machines).

8. Renewed focus on restoration of benefits given up during recession.

9. Less focus on party politics and supporting those who support us and our needs regardless of party.

(Reminder Clinton passed NAFTA and Obama supported TPP.)

10. Outside auditors for all IUAW accounts and programs.  

We need reform and renewal not elimination of the union. Make no mistake things would get much worse very quickly without union representation. We would all have one tier with lower wages and less benefits for all. We would go from bad to much worse very quickly.

• Like 2

Rule change #7 would make all the difference in the world because then every members vote would be counted fairly.I hope the Feds are watching the voting procedure this time around.Withdrawing from the union would send a message that we demand to be represented.I don't think we would be without a union for long.The UAW would change its tune in a heartbeat or another organization would step in.The Autoworkers Caravan is one that come to mind.The problem of corruption transcends the UAW.It is a flaw in human nature.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2016RS said:

The union started it's downfall when the Reps elected and appointed were paid 6/7 day's a week 10/12 hour day's by the Company.

Just my observation.

I agree with you.When the elected union reps are handed the 'Keys to the Kingdom' their first priority becomes holding on to their DEAL.

• Like 1

Correct...

Making $180,000 a year and not having to be at work to earn it....

Except to represent the losers. 

Mindset of the reps is the same as crack heads.... only difference is cash for doing nothing to make thing's better for the dues paying members.