Ford July 2019 Approximate Sales Figures

23 minutes ago, ZanatWork said:

Thanks for your efforts, on behalf of some of us that geek out on sales numbers...!

Oh I definitely cannot take full credit.  Most of the credit should go to another person, so thanks to them! :)

16 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Ranger seems to have flattened out already - bit disappointing it is not selling better against the competition, I had such high hopes. 

I wonder how much of it is dealers still figuring out what trim/option mix to order - finding the sweet spot of the market.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Ranger seems to have flattened out already - bit disappointing it is not selling better against the competition, I had such high hopes. 

It would help if they were in stock.  My local dealer (northern Michigan) had none last weekend when I looked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

It would help if they were in stock.  My local dealer (northern Michigan) had none last weekend when I looked.

8 months into a launch of a major 'game changing' product - flat sales and limited stock.  It doesn't seem right on all fronts.  Does anyone know what is really going on?  Are we going to concede that this Ranger just not enough to sway young mid-truck buyers over to Ford - even with a far superior drive train?

33 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

8 months into a launch of a major 'game changing' product - flat sales and limited stock.  It doesn't seem right on all fronts.  Does anyone know what is really going on?  Are we going to concede that this Ranger just not enough to sway young mid-truck buyers over to Ford - even with a far superior drive train?

Who said it was a "game-changer"?

28 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Only $1k rebates.  One engine, 2 body styles.  1 shift at the factory.  Missing options like a moonroof.  No fleet specials.  No overstock.

Sounds like it’s exactly where Ford wants it right now.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Wimberley?  When I run a search within 50 miles of 49701, they are the only dealer to show none in stock.

HRG

Nearest dealer is Gaylord.  And what's on their website doesn't reflect reality.  There are supposedly four in stock, but when I drove through there lot on Sunday, there were none (though there may have been one in the showroom...I didn't check).

39 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

I don't recall it ever being branded a "game changing" product.  If anything, the next gen would be, as there wouldn't be (global) refresh limitations.

It's also been widely reported here by those in the know here that they're only on 1 shift and not going to have increased production until Bronco comes online.

Edited by rmc523

Just now, akirby said:

Only $1k rebates.  One engine, 2 body styles.  1 shift at the factory.  Missing options like a moonroof.  No fleet specials.  No overstock.

I think you have it exactly right.  I imagine margins are exactly where they want them.  

3 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Nearest dealer is Gaylord.  And what's on their website doesn't reflect reality.  There are supposedly four in stock, but when I drove through there lot on Sunday, there were none (though there may have been one in the showroom...I didn't check).

FWIW Some dealers will classify it as in stock if it's still in transport to the dealer 

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

I'll accept that as the best answer we have.  The published annual sales estimate was 100K or better I seem to remember - so it is obvious that number has changed. 

I think it is a great overall truck; and recently my Pilot buddy had a rental up in Alaska for a layover a raved about it.

Edited by Kev-Mo

2 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

I like my new Ranger and got it because I wanted a midsized truck and I only will drive a Ford. It's a good product to draw in brand loyal people, but probably not the best to pull in conquest sales from the Tacoma or Colorado. The powertrain is very good, but the rest is pretty average for it's class. Ford also offers a lot of discounting on F-150s so if you don't specifically want a smaller truck the F-150 doesn't cost much more. Sales might pick up a bit when end of model year discounts come depending on how much unsold inventory is sitting around by then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

I like my new Ranger and got it because I wanted a midsized truck and I only will drive a Ford. It's a good product to draw in brand loyal people.

Same here! I replaced a 2004 Ranger with a 2019 Ranger because it's the right size for my family's lawn care and landscaping business. I'm among the loyal Ford "sheeple" who buy Ford trucks because they're Fords. Y'all are welcome to criticize me for that, but I'm happy with my purchase. 

Our new Ranger has served our business just fine in the couple months we've had it. No mechanical or electronic issues at all. At the same time, I acknowledge that U.S. Ranger is a hack job of a nearly decade old Ford global product (T6 Ranger). No problem for me - I knew that when I bought the truck. 

Anyway, 38k+ Rangers sold in the U.S. so far this year is pretty good. Having Ranger in the product lineup pretty much guarantees that Ford will be the #1 seller of pickup trucks in the U.S. this year. 

Oh yes, rmc523 no need to apologize sir! On the contrary, a big thumbs up to you for sharing the sales data! ?

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

500878F0-0553-4E9F-AAFC-65F9B7B33728.jpeg

Hack job means "a task that needed to be completed as quickly as possible, all other considerations secondary".

That's exactly what Ford did with 2019 Ranger in the U.S. market. Basically, after the previous U.S. Ranger was discontinued in 2011, Ford was left without a product in the fast growing midsize pickup truck segment for several years. After Ford management finally came to their senses, they decided it was best to take the existing T6 Ranger sold elsewhere in the world and make it meet U.S. light vehicle regulations. 

So it boiled down to Option 1 (Hack Job), provide U.S. customers with a Ranger ASAP. Or Option 2, wait until the next gen, redesigned Ranger is ready. I'm glad they chose Option 1.

Edited by rperez817

6 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

The difference here is, rperez817 has stepped-up and spent his money and purchased the product, you haven't. He's entitled to his opinion, which frankly, carries more weight than yours.

HRG

He was calling it a hack job before he even saw it.  Whether he owns one or not doesn’t change the definition of hack job.

• Like 1