Perpetual Future Ford Products thread

Mustang derivatives could just mean GT350, GT500, GT350R etc. in the same way Porsche categorizes its GT3, GT2, and RS cars as sub models as opposed to trim levels of 911 thus making them "derivatives".  I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage. 

The new product at Ohio is intriguing. That plant is not really setup for anything other than truck production so it points to finally a real replacement for E-series? Maybe? But it also says E-series will continue... so maybe a new cab forward truck? Seem unlikely but who knows...

Edited by bzcat

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Mustang derivatives could just mean GT350, GT500, GT350R etc. in the same way Porsche categorizes its GT3, GT2, and RS cars as sub models as opposed to trim levels of 911 thus making them "derivatives".  I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage. 

That was my interpretation, but who knows outside of the glass house. 

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

The new product at Ohio is intriguing. That plant is not really setup for anything other than truck production so it points to finally a real replacement for E-series? Maybe? But it also says E-series will continue... so maybe a new cab forward truck? Seem unlikely but who knows...

I'm  also intrigued. I was under the impression it's almost impossible to build body on frame and unibody on the same line. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm  also intrigued. I was under the impression it's almost impossible to build body on frame and unibody on the same line. 

Nope.  They used to run unibody FWD Continentals, unibody RWD Lincoln LSes and RWD BOF Town Cars down the same final assembly line in Wixom.  Different body shops obviously.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Nope.  They used to run unibody FWD Continentals, unibody RWD Lincoln LSes and RWD BOF Town Cars down the same final assembly line in Wixom.  Different body shops obviously.

Here I go again with this... Wixom was MASSIVE, didn't they have multiple final assembly lines?

1 hour ago, akirby said:

No - our Lincoln LS owners club took a tour and actually saw the vehicles on the same line one behind the other.

So you mean to tell me that at one point they had the LS, T-Bird, Town Car and GT all on 1 line? 

Thats nuts. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

26 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So you mean to tell me that at one point they had the LS, T-Bird, Town Car and GT all on 1 line? 

Thats nuts. 

I think this video shows a Lincoln LS followed by a Lincoln Continental with a Lincoln Town Car sitting to the left.

• 1 month later...

Since its 2020, might as well update this:

CY 2020

2021 F-150 and F-150 Hybrid

2021 Bronco Family-Spring 2020 unveiling

• 4 Door Bronco-Late Fall/Early Winter (possible Job 1 Dec 7)
  • 2 Door Bronco-Late Fall/Early Winter (possible Job 1 Dec 7)
  • Baby Bronco-Summer/Fall 2020

2021 Mustang Refresh/hybrid?

Seems like I'm missing something here-the SD is technically a 2019 release since its in production already.

CY 2021

2021 Mustang Mach E-Spring release

2022 F-150 BEV

2022 Fusion Crossover-Spring/Summer 2021?

Baby Bronco\compact Pickup-Spring/Summer 2021?

Transit Connect refresh-Spring/Summer 2021? Hermosillo production starts

2022 Bronco Sport Trac/Pickup-Might be shown off during Bronco launch?

2022 Ranger?

Future Products past CY 2021

New Mustang on CD6

Mid sized CUV BEV for Lincoln and Ford

Rivan based SUV/Pickup For Lincoln and Ford, respectively 

Small BEV based on VW platform (EU)

Edge and Nautilus replacements

"Affordable" Ford Product ?

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

tentative. Nothing has been confirmed 

also, I thought F-150 BEV was due this year too....

Fixed the Bronco, hopefully they start sooner then later-its basically a licence to print money for Ford for the first couple months :)

Brazilian Ecosport indeed coming in 2021 as 2022 model year... Finally! Longe overdue

https://quatrorodas.abril.com.br/noticias/segredo-nova-geracao-do-ford-ecosport-crescera-e-tera-traseira-de-mustang/

Other sources also claim there is the idea of producing in Bahia two other Suv/Cuv, possibly C2-based. I guess it has to do with the economical situation in Argentina.

Others say the NG Ka could move to a subcompact Cuv, similar to current Ecosport, which will get bigger.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:43 AM, silvrsvt said:

Since its 2020, might as well update this:

CY 2020

2021 F-150 and F-150 Hybrid

2021 Bronco Family-Spring 2020 unveiling

• 4 Door Bronco-Late Fall/Early Winter (possible Job 1 Dec 7)
  • 2 Door Bronco-Late Fall/Early Winter (possible Job 1 Dec 7)
  • Baby Bronco-Summer/Fall 2020

2021 Mustang Refresh/hybrid?

Seems like I'm missing something here-the SD is technically a 2019 release since its in production already.

CY 2021

2021 Mustang Mach E-Spring release

2022 F-150 BEV

2022 Fusion Crossover-Spring/Summer 2021?

Baby Bronco\compact Pickup-Spring/Summer 2021?

Transit Connect refresh-Spring/Summer 2021? Hermosillo production starts

2022 Bronco Sport Trac/Pickup-Might be shown off during Bronco launch?

2022 Ranger?

Future Products past CY 2021

New Mustang on CD6

Mid sized CUV BEV for Lincoln and Ford

Rivan based SUV/Pickup For Lincoln and Ford, respectively 

Small BEV based on VW platform (EU)

Edge and Nautilus replacements

"Affordable" Ford Product ?

So 2022 NG Ranger is still a good possibility?.....in lieu of 2023.

1 hour ago, 70 Stang said:

So 2022 NG Ranger is still a good possibility?.....in lieu of 2023.

If you looked closely-I'm talking about CY vs MY. If anything a late CY 2021 release isn't out of the cards, since the Bronco will hopefully be in production for almost a year then

54 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If you looked closely-I'm talking about CY vs MY. If anything a late CY 2021 release isn't out of the cards, since the Bronco will hopefully be in production for almost a year then

Awesome. That's what I'm hoping for.......CY 2022 is pushing it to get my next vehicle.

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

If that's the case, MACH E is a 2020 release. Only the GT is 2021 spring release. 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:47 PM, bzcat said:

If that's the case, MACH E is a 2020 release. Only the GT is 2021 spring release. 

Actually its a mixed bag:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a30420125/new-ford-mustang-mach-e-details/

The first Mustang Mach-Es are due to dealerships in late 2020, with the midrange First Edition and Premium models scheduled to arrive first. The GT, "California Route 1," and base-model "Select" won't go on sale until spring of 2021.

Not to mention I wouldn't be suprised at delays, but then again the plant has been retooling since the fall and I'd expect them to fire it back up by May or so for production.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, passis said:

Brazilian Ecosport indeed coming in 2021 as 2022 model year... Finally! Longe overdue 

https://quatrorodas.abril.com.br/noticias/segredo-nova-geracao-do-ford-ecosport-crescera-e-tera-traseira-de-mustang/

Other sources also claim there is the idea of producing in Bahia two other Suv/Cuv, possibly C2-based. I guess it has to do with the economical situation in Argentina.

Others say the NG Ka could move to a subcompact Cuv, similar to current Ecosport, which will get bigger.

I think it could be Baby Bronco or a compact pickup based on C2 platform.