Perpetual Future Ford Products thread

36 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But you can't fit a washing machine, Dishwasher, or the like into a Mach E or any other BEV either.

Or 50 bags of mulch.  Or 30 bags of gravel.  Or 20 pieces of lumber 10 feet long.  Or 1800 lbs of veneer stone.  Or a tablesaw.

Ive done all that with my F150 and Lightning would not break a sweat or use more than half a charge doing it.

If it doesn’t work for you don’t buy it.  That doesn’t mean it won’t work for hundreds of thousands of other buyers.

Edited by akirby

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Lessee; XL, STX, XLT, Lariat, Splash, Tremor; Yeah, ‘bout time for another edition with a 10+ month OTD wait.

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

Geez that front end with all the chrome added really doesn't work for me. The front end flows better then it's blacked out. Not outlined in shiny material.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I prefer body color or black/grey myself.

Thats why I got the sport package.

Couldn't agree more. Chrome is one of those styling choices that just seems stuck in the past. You're starting to see bronze or white accents replacing chrome in some cars, and I'm all for that. 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

Couldn't agree more. Chrome is one of those styling choices that just seems stuck in the past. You're starting to see bronze or white accents replacing chrome in some cars, and I'm all for that. 

But I still like the Platinums and Limiteds - they don’t seem overly chromed like the XLT and Lariat chrome package.

2 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

The difference is back in the 50s and 60s cars were designed with chrome in mind. These days it’s more of an afterthought so it doesn’t mesh with designs at all. 

• Like 3

On 12/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Rodrigo said:

there are not many photos of mules, apart from Ranger, is there anything new at Ford for 2023?

i mean the presentation of new products,

I think we will see a pre-production concept of the BEV Explorer and Lincoln Product before the end of next year. I think they go into production in 2024. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, silvrsvt said:

I think we will see a pre-production concept of the BEV Explorer and Lincoln Product before the end of next year. I think they go into production in 2024. 

Could be completely wrong with this prediction, but I think we're looking at the explorer ev here. 

ford-ev-crossovers-1647268784.jpg

• Like 1

"Full size" Transit is too big to share a platform with Ranger/Bronco and it's unit body vs. BOF too. Transits come in four sizes, maybe they're talking about the Transit Custom (between big Transit and Transit Connect) which already has an EV variant and could be jacked into a Bronco or hacked into a Ranger. But more likely Ford will have changed their mind again by then anyway...