Perpetual Future Ford Products thread

55 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Remember, FOMOCO wanted to build these two midsized EVs in the same plant as Mach e. These so called explorer and aviator EVs. Ohio to Mexico now supposedly Oakville. They said these two EVs are supposed to be roughly the size of edge and nautilus. Been over two years up here at OAC and it’s been nothing but speculation since this corporation constantly changes plans. Why can’t ford just come out and officially announce wtf there plans are. Auto forecast solutions knows more than we do for fuck sakes. 

We still haven’t seen the North American Ranger despite being in full blown launch mode at the plant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Remember, FOMOCO wanted to build these two midsized EVs in the same plant as Mach e. These so called explorer and aviator EVs. Ohio to Mexico now supposedly Oakville. They said these two EVs are supposed to be roughly the size of edge and nautilus. Been over two years up here at OAC and it’s been nothing but speculation since this corporation constantly changes plans. Why can’t ford just come out and officially announce wtf there plans are. Auto forecast solutions knows more than we do for fuck sakes. 

Actually the Mach E is almost the same size as the Edge

The BEV Explorer/Lincoln should be larger-I'd say a little smaller than the current Explorer by a few inches (in the 195in range). There is a Mach E prototype that was photographed and the body sat up a bit higher and the wheel base seemed a smidge longer. I didn't notice it at first till I saw more MMEs in person. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

We still haven’t seen the North American Ranger despite being in full blown launch mode at the plant. 

I'm guessing this is because the supply chain issues are still causing clusterfucks. Maybe they'll be pulling a 2023 Escape launch?

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Actually the Mach E is almost the same size as the Edge

The BEV Explorer/Lincoln should be larger-I'd say a little smaller than the current Explorer by a few inches (in the 195in range). There is a Mach E prototype that was photographed and the body sat up a bit higher and the wheel base seemed a smidge longer. I didn't notice it at first till I saw more MMEs in person. 

I would expect we should see some prototypes or an appearance on YouTube or an auto show of these two vehicles that have been discussed since 2019. It would be nice to see the actual products so we can see how big they are in comparison to current products.

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

I would expect we should see some prototypes or an appearance on YouTube or an auto show of these two vehicles that have been discussed since 2019. It would be nice to see the actual products so we can see how big they are in comparison to current products.

The 2019 vehicles where the VW MEB platform vehicles that where assumed to go there and will only be for sale in the EU now. 

Of course the plan has changed since then.

The new BEVS won't start production for another 24 months-December 2024 from what I saw in an article and Edge is end of production in January 2024. The Nautilus ends this year?

I guess Oakville will be down for at least 6-9 months to retool with pilot runs of the new BEV in the fall/winter of 2024 

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

I thought MAP is well known for executing excellent launches. Is it a supply chain thing hampering the launch or quality flaws they are discovering in prototypes?

The Bronco launch begs to differ, though that was largely due to outside influences and not the MAP team itself. I honestly don’t quite know what’s going on. I’ve been intentionally keeping myself out of the loop lately. 

54 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The Bronco launch begs to differ, though that was largely due to outside influences and not the MAP team itself. I honestly don’t quite know what’s going on. I’ve been intentionally keeping myself out of the loop lately. 

I think they’re just keeping things close to the vest until last minute in case they do change.  No advantage to advertising dates early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The 2019 vehicles where the VW MEB platform vehicles that where assumed to go there and will only be for sale in the EU now. 

Of course the plan has changed since then.

The new BEVS won't start production for another 24 months-December 2024 from what I saw in an article and Edge is end of production in January 2024. The Nautilus ends this year?

I guess Oakville will be down for at least 6-9 months to retool with pilot runs of the new BEV in the fall/winter of 2024 

Correct, the original plan under Hackett was to build next gen Escape and Corsair on MEB in Oakville. But now the MEB EV will only be build in Cologne.

Farley pulled the plug (based on what we know on subsequent development) on MEB in North America and consolidated everything on GE2. I think this is part of the reason why GE2 launch slipped by roughly 18 months.

What we know now is Cosair, Explorer, and Aviator EV will be in Oakville for 2025 model year. Escape EV likely to follow shortly there after. Next gen Mark E will stay is Mexico. Meanwhile Ford Europe will launch MEB crossover and sport crossover in 2023. 

29 minutes ago, bzcat said:

What we know now is Cosair, Explorer, and Aviator EV will be in Oakville for 2025 model year. Escape EV likely to follow shortly there after. Next gen Mark E will stay is Mexico. Meanwhile Ford Europe will launch MEB crossover and sport crossover in 2023. 

The latest news reports are saying just the Explorer and Aviator EV at Oakville.

The Corsair and Escape are still showing Louisville in 2025 on GE2.1 on that spreadsheet earlier in the thread. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The latest news reports are saying just the Explorer and Aviator EV at Oakville.

The Corsair and Escape are still showing Louisville in 2025 on GE2.1 on that spreadsheet earlier in the thread. 

Right... I forgot Corsair moved to Louisville

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm guessing this is because the supply chain issues are still causing clusterfucks. Maybe they'll be pulling a 2023 Escape launch?

not a chance, at least in the sense of no press….it’s an all new model and I’d imagine they’ll want to push Ranger now that it’s a “real”/optimized model and not largely carryover.

they’ll want to have a bigger debut than Escape’s refresh.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Yup those are the reports, we went from 5 vehicles which I thought was a stretch to two. I’m glad Louisville is getting investment as well. I hope fords forecasting for sales of these EVs is accurate in terms of adoption and production forecasts. 230000 EV explorer and aviator at OAC is their forecast. When?! I’m 2030?! Then Farley says some people may not like EV explorer. I pray that it’s not some ugly piece of shit vehicle! 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can understand why all the bs lately happening at ford is maddening with their quality issues and supply chain 

29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm sure he's talking about people who don't like BEVs....lol

Ya true enough,  we just will have to wait to see the products and how this all plays out. Contract year for all unions simultaneously this year should be interesting 

4 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yup those are the reports, we went from 5 vehicles which I thought was a stretch to two. I’m glad Louisville is getting investment as well. I hope fords forecasting for sales of these EVs is accurate in terms of adoption and production forecasts. 230000 EV explorer and aviator at OAC is their forecast. When?! I’m 2030?! Then Farley says some people may not like EV explorer. I pray that it’s not some ugly piece of shit vehicle! 

If I'm remembering correctly, Farley just said some people might not like it because it's a drastic change from the current explorer, largely in terms of tech. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the appearance won't be radically different, prob just sharper, more fluid and agressive than the current explorer while having a sportier stance and proportions. Which is to say it'll be a much better looking explorer most likely. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

If I'm remembering correctly, Farley just said some people might not like it because it's a drastic change from the current explorer, largely in terms of tech. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the appearance won't be radically different, prob just sharper, more fluid and agressive than the current explorer while having a sportier stance and proportions. Which is to say it'll be a much better looking explorer most likely. 

I can’t wait to see what it looks like and I hope you’re right 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here seemed like a decent fit:

Updated Ford E-Series Currently In Development (fordauthority.com)

I'm not sure where they got the info from, but they mention that "sources" say Ford is working on an updated E-series.   Most of it after this quote is speculation of using the 6.8 and some updated styling and adding SYNC to it.

sources familiar with the matter have now told Ford Authority that an updated Ford E-Series is currently in development.

The forthcoming, revised E-Series will receive some updates to its exterior and interior, as the company is currently working on rolling out a modernized version of the ages-old model.