2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive: Sitting In First Class

1 hour ago, EcoBoost said:

I find that rather funny.

My $5,000 B&O speaker-system I have on my Audi Q7 has those fancy pop-up speakers in the dash and the top is plastic as well. The lower speaker-covers located in the doors are plastic-too. Haven't read a single complaint about that so far...

When I got in my vehicle today, I checked again. In fact, not a single peace of any of my speaker-covers is metal. 100% plastic.

6 hours ago, EcoBoost said:

When I got in my vehicle today, I checked again. In fact, not a single peace of any of my speaker-covers is metal. 100% plastic.

So for the Motor1 review, they should have praised the Aviator saying "and the speaker grilles are nice plastic just like the Audi Q7, no cheap laser etched metal in this suv!"

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, akirby said:

Those reviewers just can't help themselves comparing it to the Explorer.  Ford could literally change everything on the vehicle except the floor pan and they'd still complain.

The first review did some of that, but I could see plenty of customers comparing a high level Explorer vs a base Aviator at their local Ford-Lincoln dealer. The other reviews only mentioned it was based on the Explorer. Is that a lie?

My dealer didn't get its first load of Aviators in until August 16th because of all the delays and "sent off site" stuff.  Needless to say I ran right over to check them out after being told they finally got some in to see in person.  I spent quite a while checking them out and the panel gaps were impressively tight and the door, hood and hatch alignments were perfect on all of them.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, akirby said:

Motor Trend:

They never say that about any other luxury makes and with Aviator it’s a ridiculous statement.  

Motor Trend also said this. From last paragraph of this article. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lincoln/aviator/2020/2020-lincoln-aviator-luxury-crossover-review/

"Unlike in the past, when Lincolns were simply fancier Fords, the brand is taking a new direction to elevate its position in the luxury world and expand its reach. And just like my grandpa did with wine, Lincoln hopes more customers will ditch European brands for Detroit's plush designs."

The other statement from Motor Trend "Sharing this core componentry with the new Explorer" is true. Same platform, same non-hybrid V6 turbo engine, same transmission, same assembly plant.

Edited by rperez817

3 hours ago, jfischetti said:

I've seen misalignments like this on a lot of Aviators in pics and videos.  It's unacceptable and should not be passing QC.

This one is between the Driver side Rear door and back quarter panel.

IMG_4924.jpeg

My wife's 2018 Edge is like that on every panel.  Really poor fitment on an otherwise awesome vehicle.

• 1 month later...

While ordering our 2020 Nautilus yesterday, I couldn't help myself to sit in the Aviator once again and take it all in. The Black Label one right outside the salesguy door had the Chalet theme. I don't even like white interiors nor white really anywhere inside a car and yet it was so awesome and so impressive that I couldn't help wish I could get ANY of the Aviator themes (even white!) and look in the Nautilus. It's just so nice and so refreshingly different. While we love the Thoroughbred theme we're getting in the Nautilus, I really applaud the interior design efforts of the Aviator it's awesome. I consider myself lucky that they DIDN'T have one in the Destination theme or else our heads would have exploded ? and knowing my wife she would have wanted to go into more debt and get the bigger Aviator even though she doesn't want a car that big!

• Like 2