Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

On 8/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, pffan1990 said:

I have no problems with Ford using the heritage to sell the BEV but only for the styling, not name and ...horse logo. Just because you or some others like the idea doesn't mean I should just get over it. There was an uproar ... Uproar so huge that Ford had to backtrack on the name and even marketing. I do like and appreciate how they're calling it 'Mustang-inspired' but still need to be careful how they market it. ... just not ... anything with ...the name. The styling alone would allow anyone to associate the Mustang with it which would be okay. I have seen the official teaser picture of it with the back end. I love it!!

Reminds me of what they did before.  Paid homage to the inspiration without co-opting the name.  I guess the marketing dept isn't that subtle anymore ...

Doing that to the Bronco name, when the models are completely different kinds of platforms makes even less sense.

1972_Ford-Pinto-Maverick-Mustang list1-L.jpg

Edited by Stampede.Offroad
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Reminds me of what they did before.  Paid homage to the inspiration without co-opting the name.  I guess the marketing dept isn't that subtle anymore ...

Doing that to the Bronco name, when the models are completely different kinds of platforms makes even less sense.

You actually got a good point regarding the marketing. I do like the Sprint edition with similar packaging and striping on the three cars in the ad you posted. I just thought of something. With possibility of Mustang being thoroughly updated for 2021MY, wouldn't it be nice if Ford bring back the Sprint package for the Mustang and share the new package with content and striping with other vehicles like say... the Mach-E. This would intensify the 'inspiration' of Mustang to the BEV. I know they are not doing this but interesting that the old ad you showed did have the inspiration of Mustang shared onto the Maverick and Pinto before the Mustang ironically entered the next generation based on the Pinto/Maverick platform. lol The more I hear of the Mach-E and closer it gets to the reveal, the more excited I actually am about the Mach-E.

I suppose I can accept the running horse logo and the similar styling, but if it's only called and refer to as Ford Mach-E (with no name of Mustang anywhere on it) but has marketing with ties to Mustang's inspiration, and done the correct way, Ford will have a huge home run with the Mach-E. Ford knows they have to be careful with the Mach-E and how it's marketed to honor the fans. They saw the recent uproar with the original Mach 1 name. There is a video on YouTube done by a pro-Mustang YouTuber where he actually spoke with Jim Hackett and Hackett said there was a time where Ford was lost with the Mustang in terms of marketing and styling so they remember to  know to do it right with Mustang. He drives a Shelby GT350 and his wife drives a Mustang GT convertible. He suggested the YouTuber to talk to Bill Ford who is the company's biggest Mustang fan. So I'm confident Ford is doing right with the Mach-E while honoring the Mustang's true purists. The reveal is pretty much a month away if not sooner since November 18th is the start of Press Days for the LA Auto Show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

You actually got a good point regarding the marketing. I do like the Sprint edition with similar packaging and striping on the three cars in the ad you posted. I just thought of something. With possibility of Mustang being thoroughly updated for 2021MY, wouldn't it be nice if Ford bring back the Sprint package for the Mustang and share the new package with content and striping with other vehicles like say... the Mach-E. This would intensify the 'inspiration' of Mustang to the BEV. I know they are not doing this but interesting that the old ad you showed did have the inspiration of Mustang shared onto the Maverick and Pinto before the Mustang ironically entered the next generation based on the Pinto/Maverick platform. lol The more I hear of the Mach-E and closer it gets to the reveal, the more excited I actually am about the Mach-E.

I suppose I can accept the running horse logo and the similar styling, but if it's only called and refer to as Ford Mach-E (with no name of Mustang anywhere on it) but has marketing with ties to Mustang's inspiration, and done the correct way, Ford will have a huge home run with the Mach-E. Ford knows they have to be careful with the Mach-E and how it's marketed to honor the fans. They saw the recent uproar with the original Mach 1 name. There is a video on YouTube done by a pro-Mustang YouTuber where he actually spoke with Jim Hackett and Hackett said there was a time where Ford was lost with the Mustang in terms of marketing and styling so they remember to  know to do it right with Mustang. He drives a Shelby GT350 and his wife drives a Mustang GT convertible. He suggested the YouTuber to talk to Bill Ford who is the company's biggest Mustang fan. So I'm confident Ford is doing right with the Mach-E while honoring the Mustang's true purists. The reveal is pretty much a month away if not sooner since November 18th is the start of Press Days for the LA Auto Show.

I'm not convinced the same level of respect or homage will be paid to the Bronco.  Which is odd for a company basing its future on similarly structured vehicles.  The lure of cheap lazy advertising and name recognition might prove too much to resist.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, Stampede.Offroad said:

1972_Ford-Pinto-Maverick-Mustang list1-L.jpg

My mother had a Maverick Sprint that looked just like that!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

I'm not convinced the same level of respect or homage will be paid to the Bronco.  Which is odd for a company basing its future on similarly structured vehicles.  The lure of cheap lazy advertising and name recognition might prove too much to resist.

You and lots of others are gonna be blown away when you see Bronco and realise the respect paid to the original design language. I’m glad it will be revealed soon as GM and Jeep have no idea... 

The brief on Bronco was that it is a Ford Iconic Vehicle like Mustang

so take that as an indication of the reverence and respect being paid

to the memory of what Bronco is to Ford and many people.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

You and lots of others are gonna be blown away when you see Bronco and realise the respect paid to the original design language. I’m glad it will be revealed soon as GM and Jeep have no idea... 

The problem is that there is a small vocal community that poo poo the upcoming Bronco because its not an exact reproduction of the 1st Gen or even the 1990s Bronco, no matter how good it is..I see it on some of the Bronco facebook pages/message groups. Typical knuckledraggers that want a V8 and manual locking hubs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The problem is that there is a small vocal community that poo poo the upcoming Bronco because its not an exact reproduction of the 1st Gen or even the 1990s Bronco, no matter how good it is..I see it on some of the Bronco facebook pages/message groups. Typical knuckledraggers that want a V8 and manual locking hubs.

I've heard plenty of that about the Ranger as it is. 

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

They don't understand that the reason Ford took so long with Bronco is exactly because of those original Bronco owners

and all the people who have owned Broncos. Ford wanted to fully capture what it was about that ownership that made the

Bronco so special.

They're drilling down and bitching about random CGIs that only bear a passing resemblance to what will be offered.

Edited by jpd80

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

With a typical development timeline I would expect to see some heavily camouflaged Bronco prototypes testing this winter, but a reveal being soon seems a bit unlikely.

Considering that we haven't seen so much as a concept image, it wouldn't take much to know more than we currently do after a reveal for something else like the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility".

33 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

With a typical development timeline I would expect to see some heavily camouflaged Bronco prototypes testing this winter, but a reveal being soon seems a bit unlikely.

Considering that we haven't seen so much as a concept image, it wouldn't take much to know more than we currently do after a reveal for something else like the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility".

After the leak on Ranger, security on Bronco images went through the roof, it could well be that Ford runs long on silence ,

we still have all the UAW contract drama...I can tell you that first prototypes were made back in April, so they're out there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Nothing new here.  There are some who hate the current Mustang, some who hate the C8 Corvette, some who hate the new iPhone.  Mostly they sit in the corner and whine to themselves.  Everybody else ignores them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Nothing new here.  There are some who hate the current Mustang, some who hate the C8 Corvette, some who hate the new iPhone.  Mostly they sit in the corner and whine to themselves.  Everybody else ignores them.

Haters are gonna hate, worriers will worry but Ford is counting on enough buyers saying, yeah let's give it a go.

At least people are talking about Ford 

heck, if GM can turn key-gate into a massive selling opportunity for dealers, then Ford’s dodgy product launches are just a bump in the road and will all die down in the run to Christmas

the moment the press gets another carcass to munch on, Ford will be off the hook

12 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well,,, let's hope they fix the "find a charger near me" feature. Hard to believe there's no charging points within 300 miles of 60185 (western suburb of Chicago IL)

HRG

ford charging.pdf

I'm sure the site isn't fully functional/up to date yet.  I agree it doesn't look good though for someone searching now.

Edited by rmc523