Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

39 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

So is this thing going to be “inspired” by the current or next gen mustang?

curious if we will get a preview of some of the next gen mustangs design cues.

If you look at that profile view it looks to have the general shape of the S550 Mustang from the a-pillar forward. 

This is a design that I can really like. I'm glad they are not making a soccer mom CUV or another SUV. When they said Mustang inspired, they really meant it!

I don't know why they couldn't have made the Taurus or Fusion into something like this earlier. This is a good transition of the car or sedan to the CUV world and if this is what they mean by new silhouette, then I'm on board for this!

1 hour ago, novanglus said:

I like the looks of the line-drawing.  If the actual car is that rakish, I’ll be putting a deposit on one immediately.  Looks like a version of a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, but $100,000 cheaper.

I've only seen the body under a cover but it looked very car-like to me. 

• Like 1

Man this throws things for a loop for me-been wanting a Bronco, but after hearing some intel one of the options I wanted isn't most likely going to be in my price range...a Mach E would be perfect for me 85% of the time, since I drive 15 miles to work and only take a long trip a few times a year where I could steal my wifes car for...decisions decisions...

• Like 2

This must be an old render, many of the details are wrong, especially the headlights and door handles (there are none).  But that's roughly it anyway.  It definitely looks better than this.  The taillights are also better looking than these, but very similar with the horizontal element and c-shape segments.  There are amber indicators in the rear lights btw.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Man this throws things for a loop for me-been wanting a Bronco, but after hearing some intel one of the options I wanted isn't most likely going to be in my price range...a Mach E would be perfect for me 85% of the time, since I drive 15 miles to work and only take a long trip a few times a year where I could steal my wifes car for...decisions decisions...

This is why for many a BEV is already the perfect 2nd or 3rd car in a family. And for a growing number it is increasingly viable for even one-car families. For me, it would have been tough for the unexpected road trip I had to do early this year in the middle of winter from Maryland to Colorado and back requiring very long driving days. I hate that kind of driving, but still sometimes have to do it.

8 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

This is why for many a BEV is already the perfect 2nd or 3rd car

No doubt.  I could see taking short

road trips but I wouldn’t be the type to take a route that includes charging stops on a 250+ mile road trip.  I will just drive the shortest/fastest route in our 18mpg F150 for 600 miles before stopping for fuel.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

No doubt.  I could see taking short

road trips but I wouldn’t be the type to take a route that includes charging stops on a 250+ mile road trip.  I will just drive the shortest/fastest route in our 18mpg F150 for 600 miles before stopping for fuel.  

Eek.  I never would want to do 600mi hops.  I’ve driven 1300mi in a day before, but I didn’t like it...and would never want to duplicate it again.  Ugh.  My sciatic nerve might go on permanent strike.

We did put about 600mi on the Model 3 one weekend and it was no big deal, though it does require more judicious use of the go pedal and a little planning.  EVs are still a good ways from the simplicity of filling up at a gas station wherever.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, silvrsvt said:

Is that option being the hybrid?  Or what option are you talking about?

The Mach E was being previewed to the press today, obviously under embargo.  I've heard from some of them who are Tesla owners and they are thoroughly impressed and excited. 

One of them said the Dual Motor GT version gets 700HP.  I was under the impression that it was under 600HP with dual 200KW motors, but maybe I'm missing something.   They've been aiming for mid 3s for 0-60 performance.  Again there are several versions of the Mach E, single motor, dual motor, different battery sizes (3 for Europe, 2 for the US).  And once again, over 300 miles of range (330 is what I've heard).  I don't know what the GT will do interms of Range, which model gets the best range, etc.

And yeah, synthetic engine noises inside and out. 

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Assimilator said:

The Mach E was being previewed to the press today, obviously under embargo.  I've heard from some of them who are Tesla owners and they are thoroughly impressed and excited. 

One of them said the Dual Motor GT version gets 700HP.  I was under the impression that it was under 600HP with dual 200KW motors, but maybe I'm missing something.   They've been aiming for mid 3s for 0-60 performance.  Again there are several versions of the Mach E, single motor, dual motor, different battery sizes (3 for Europe, 2 for the US).  And once again, over 300 miles of range (330 is what I've heard).  I don't know what the GT will do interms of Range, which model gets the best range, etc.

And yeah, synthetic engine noises inside and out. 

It'll be interesting to see if they come up with an iconic electric "Mustang" hum like Mustang's exhaust, which you always know is a Mustang.