Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

If it wasn't named Mustang, I think the reaction would be more positive.  But again, the car is wrapped in a vinyl skin which isn't flattering.  

This vehicle started life as a more mundane crossover and those hard points are still there, it's just sexier and sportier.  

Edited by Assimilator

42 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

45AB26C0-CE58-40DA-BAD2-11E1C41E8B96.jpeg.8cea9a6fbdc14a0fc23ff82b5bd97479.jpegAE59CD76-9177-4623-A699-8EDB3D06F387.jpeg.ab55a2deb300f0e3e253e9d58e054c21.jpegBDD90A6C-0981-4527-88B4-A3956894644D.jpeg.ce22b4b06a2c03fe59d1dd3f26542d68.jpeg

Immmmm....Ehhhhhhh....ummmmm,... Okay I think I like it. I liked the black and whit pic Deanh posted better though. With the camo still attached, it doesn't really scream, "Mustang" to me. They could have made it a Galaxie based on looks alone. Just the brake lights look Mustang-like. Maybe when the car is totally uncovered it will be great, but now it is just good... maybe very good, but not great. That being said, it does blow the Tesla Model 3 and Y out of the water even covered in green squiggly line stickers.

The front looks a lot like Edge, which is Ford's most beautiful crossover today. It's not bad and the teasers accused that same Ford Edge style design. I'd like Mach E to gain its own personality, and not a "Mustang SUV." He doesn't look like a Mustang. This brings negative media to such an important car and with a lot of potential to be a mere Mustang poser.

25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ah, the Dearborn test track. I bet ford wishes they could build a 100 foot high wall to prevent this from happening. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last. 

When we were kids back in the 1960's, we ride our bikes to the test track, find a bunch of bushes adjoining the wall we could hide behind, then stand on our bikes and look over the wall.  We saw all of the "new cars" before they came out.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ah, the Dearborn test track. I bet ford wishes they could build a 100 foot high wall to prevent this from happening. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last. 

I'm willing to bet it was planned by Ford-if Ford wanted these down bad enough, they would have done the same thing they did to the new Ranger spy shots. 

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

The grille pattern almost looks as if has spokes that extend from the Mustang logo in all directions, which could look odd.

I'm thinking the "grill" is just set back and that is a texture separating the "grill" from the fascia..its maybe an inch or two deep. 

I also noticed that it has a completely glass top on it. 

The marketing email from Ford is below.  Curious as to how “limited” it will be?  

It's Coming. And Fast!

Ford is changing the future of driving with our Mustang-inspired all-electric performance SUV. And we're excited you want to be part of this journey.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Get ready!

54 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

The marketing email from Ford is below.  Curious as to how “limited” it will be?  

It's Coming. And Fast!

Ford is changing the future of driving with our Mustang-inspired all-electric performance SUV. And we're excited you want to be part of this journey.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Get ready!

I think someone said something like 40K units the first year with half going to states with favorable BEV incentives?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think someone said something like 40K units the first year with half going to states with favorable BEV incentives?

We were told first year production expected to be 50K units with half going to the 10 BEV states. I think the 50K may be Ford's conservative plan for the first year until they see the market reaction and they actually start production, etc. 

• Like 1