Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

14 minutes ago, grbeck said:

For me, a bigger concern with the current Mustang is that it is too big and expensive for many buyers.

How big does it have to be? The 2019 Mustang is .5 inch longer then a 1969 Mustang at 188.3 inches. A Civic is 177 to 183 inches long and that is considered a "small" car in the US at least.

All cars are freaking expensive....a base model Ecoboost Mustang is still less then the average price of a new vehicle bought in 2019. 

4 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Anyone here planning to reserve a Mustang Mach-E when the reservation process opens on November 17?

Slightly tempted to, but i'm leaning towards the Bronco-but it depends on pricing and my dreams of a hybrid Bronco are most likely going to be crushed :( 

• Thanks 2

Just now, rperez817 said:

Anyone here planning to reserve a Mustang Mach-E when the reservation process opens on November 17?

Probably, the deposit is refundable and it is going to be this, a Bronco or maybe a new Raptor depending what the 2021 F-150 looks like to replace my current Raptor. Will work with my time frame of a new car at around 200K miles. This is going to come down to range and what the recharge time is going to be at Level 3 chargers. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

What is the range and charging time?

No one knows for sure yet, but they’ve said 300mi EPA for a LR model, and 47mi of range in 10minutes or 0-80% in 45 min.  So, that sounds like big pack, lower efficiency, and probably a 150kWh max charge rate.

For comparison, 11min in a Model 3 on a V3 supercharger gets you from 2% to 50% (150mi added), from 2% to 20% (60mi added) takes 4minutes, or from 2% to 80% (240mi added) takes 27 minutes.

So, if you were charging to 90% in both and aiming for 270mi, the 3 would take about 36min and the Mach probably right around 60min.  And since the 3/Y are essentially the same, it would also be true of the Y.

Edited by novanglus

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

I appreciate the "real" Mustang isn't going anywhere. At least, not in the near future.

But Mustang has always been pony car. It invented a new segment in the market for goodness sake. A sporty 2+2 with a long hood and a short deck. Make a full EV version of that, just like the Lithium Mustang seen at SEMA. That's still 100% a Mustang in my book.

What Mustang has never been is a 5 door "utility" vehicle. I'm sorry, but calling it Mustang is nothing but cynical marketing. This thing was never intended to be a Mustang until Jim Hackett saw a bland styling proposal and ordered a re-style. It was only at that point that someone had the idea of being "inspired" by Mustang.

55 years and 10 million sales. More enthusiast clubs than any other car. Loved and respected around the globe. I live and breathe Mustangs. I head up our local club branch. I administer several forums and Facebook pages. Mustang enthusiasts are passionate like no other. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out but for me, this is a very dark day in Mustang's history.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mustang EV coming down the road as well (after the hybrid of course).

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

It's a shame you have to revert to name calling when people have a differing view to yourself.

Personally, I'd rather see Mustang die than be turned into something completely different. But that's just my view.

But Mustang itself isn't going anywhere.

3 hours ago, coupe3w said:

So still don't think the sales numbers will be rolled into the Mustang? I bet they will.

Why would they?

2 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Not much different than "Echo-Sport", or "Echo-Boost"...majority of the people pronounce it 'EEEE-co"...

Well that situation doesn't help in that Ford itself pronounces it different ways on each product - EchoSport and EeeecoBoost.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Slightly tempted to, but i'm leaning towards the Bronco-but it depends on pricing and my dreams of a hybrid Bronco are most likely going to be crushed :( 

I'm in the same boat.  One of my concerns would be charging.  If I wind up moving, I don't know if I'll be able to charge it at night (should I move into a condo, they may not have charging).

34 minutes ago, novanglus said:

...I probably will just to hold a place in line until they do a full Model Y reveal and see which sounds better.

They did the Model Y reveal?

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They did the Model Y reveal?

Yes, it was revealed a while back, like the 3 was originally, but not final specs.  You can actually build and order a Model Y right now, but the specs are all “at least” blah blah  blah.

It shouldn’t vary too much, as the mechanicals are known entities.

6 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

They roll the sales of Mustang, Mustang GT, GT350, GT500 all into Mustang sales. Why is this any different? Just because it's BEV It becomes a sub model?

Because those are variants of a body style - how else would they report those?

Just because it shares the same name doesn't mean it's not its own vehicle.

You think they're going to report Bronco Sport and Bronco as one model?

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I guess I don't understand.

14 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

...they’ve reported 150s, 250s  350s, & 450s as one model.  And although they share more in common now because of reuse of the cabin, in the past, there was very little overlap.

1 hour ago, novanglus said:

Yes, it was revealed a while back, like the 3 was originally, but not final specs.  You can actually build and order a Model Y right now, but the specs are all “at least” blah blah  blah.

It shouldn’t vary too much, as the mechanicals are known entities.

Yeah, it's basically a Model 3 featuring a taller trunk with a greenhouse (and a few thousand dollars extra in cost).  That's not a criticism, as it should enable Tesla to get this "new" model out more quickly and reliably while hitting a hotter automotive segment (compact crossover vs. sedan).

I'll be reserving one. I figure even if non-refundable I'm still going to be buying a vehicle this coming year.

The Mack-E (so far from what we know), will answer concerns I see from those who are hesitant about purchasing a Tesla (myself included).  It's by far a larger dealership presence/network. Backed by a proven company. Parts/Service should be easily attainable. Same as insurance costs and such. And I'm sure the interior (my biggest gripe on Teslas) will be far more appointed and detailed, than anything I've seen on a Tesla.

6 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Regional accent, being from Miami it would be Mackey over Mockey, now I live in Mickey World, hmm a Mackey for Mickey...although I believe Disney has an agreement with GM because that's all I see at their amusement parks...

Background,

Last week on BON, I was told Americans pronounced Mach as Mock because that’s what Chuck Yaegar said. Being from a British  commonwealth country, I’ve always called it Mack

but what would we know we pronounce 

Camaro as Com-ah-rho which bugs the

crap out of a friend from Georgia

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Background,

Last week on BON, I was told Americans pronounced Mach as Mock because that’s what Chuck Yaegar said. Being from a British  commonwealth country, I’ve always called it Mack

I'm from Georgia and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as what I heard on Wheeler Dealers a couple of weeks ago.   They were working on a Toyota Celica.

We pronounce that SELL-lick-uh.   Apparently the brits pronounce it "Suh-LEE-cuh" with emphasis on the middle syllable.   I almost had to mute the TV.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Background,

Meanwhile most Americans think all Australians sound like either The Crocodile Hunter or Jim Jeffries. 

• Like 1