Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I had heard about the redesign but didn’t know it was originally planned to be a cmax replacement. Cmax and a performance vehicle  are very different things. Did they have to reengineer the frame to handle all of the torque?

It was originally more affordable too, it got way more ambitious post Mark Fields after Hackett and Fields sent it back to the drawing board because they thought it was boring.  I think it was a good call, but I can't help but see a little compromise in the architecture.  To me the wheelbase looks a little narrow for the body for example, much of that is adding some visual width to get the design inline with Mustang I'm sure.  It means the vehicle looks a little heavy on its wheels and not quite as planted as a Mustang...or a Tesla.   But you have to be a real car snob to get into those weeds.  

Edited by Assimilator

Someone posted the following on MachE forum:

Exterior Colours Availability

• Shadow Black
  • Iconic Silver
  • Rapid Red
  • Star White
  • Infinite Blue
  • Space White
  • Carbonised Gray
  • Grabber Blue (exclusive for First Edition)

Exclusive First Edition vehicles will only be available in 3 colours: Rapid Red, Carbonised Grey, and Grabber Blue which will only be available on the First Edition. Once all First Edition vehicles have been sold out, Grabber Blue will not be available. Grabber Blue First Editions come with exclusive blue interior stitching, and Rapid Red and Carbonized Grey come with red interior stitching.

4 hours ago, Assimilator said:

The Edge is substantially larger than Mach E.  I don't know the official dimensions, but it looks bigger than it actually is.  Based on what I've seen, I think it's probably smaller than the Model Y,  but that's conjecture until I see official dimensions.   It's about the size of an Escape but with a longer wheelbase pushed further out and bulkier bodywork.  Ford has always described it as a "small" utility.  Because of the long wheelbase architecture, it doesn't really look compact however and gives some length to the interior.   The battery pack under the floor also means it sits more like a car than a Crossover because the floor is higher. It's a little hard to relate to existing cars, the dimension specs are key.  My guess is a few inches longer than Escape overall, the interior is likely smaller.  The car puts quite a bit of length in the front-end which gives it better proportions, even if it's something of an anachronism in a BEV.  

Edge is 189" long and Escape is 181" long. Ford designed Mach E to sell in Europe so it has to be relatively compact.

Split the difference and you are at 185", which is same length as Audi A5 Sportback or Tesla Model 3... coincidence? Right... ?

Forget that this is supposed to be a "CUV"... it's going to be a lot more like Audi A5 than BMW X4 in terms of stance and presence. 

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I had heard about the redesign but didn’t know it was originally planned to be a cmax replacement. Cmax and a performance vehicle  are very different things. Did they have to reengineer the frame to handle all of the torque?

I don’t think they changed the skateboard chassis just the top hat (styling)

Checked out some of the posts in that thread,

Earlier in the day the power for the GT was if memory serves around 459bhp with 600+ lbs of torque, which isn't there anymore but with me looking to get the mach-e as the commuter that means I spent most of my time crawling along in traffic so range and comfort is more import than power and acceleration.