Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

I am a bit disappointed in what I am reading here. I'll wait for the full reveal and spec from Ford before I give final judgment. As far as exterior, it's respectable. I don't mind that. However, the interior is hideous. Fine, give a giant screen for the center stack. The driver ipad looking thing is ridiculous.. Why reinvent the driver gauges pod and replace with an ipad? It just looks like a blatant rip off of what Tesla is trying to do. Also, I am a bit underwhelmed at the performance of all models excluding GT. And the fact the GT gets a serious range deduction. 

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

The one thing that Mach E can probably do that Tesla can't is turn a profit.

You got it backwards. Munro & Associates demonstrated that Tesla can manufacture the Model 3 profitably, over 30% gross margin for that model. There is no evidence that Ford has ever mass produced a BEV profitably.

Edited by rperez817

Just now, rperez817 said:

You got it backwards. Munro & Associates demonstrated that Tesla can manufacture the Model 3 profitably, over 30% for Model 3. There is no evidence that Ford has ever produced a BEV profitably.

That's GROSS profit.  It's not hard to make a GROSS profit.  But they aren't making a NET profit after you add in all the other costs like advertising, R&D, compliance testing, etc. etc. etc.   You don't stay in business on GROSS profits.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

You got it backwards. Munro & Associates demonstrated that Tesla can manufacture the Model 3 profitably, over 30% for Model 3. There is no evidence that Ford has ever produced a BEV profitably.

It's a good thing your business is services based and not product manufacturing.  You'd be out of business in 12 months.

30 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Now, I'm not saying this is better or worse than a Tesla, but Tesla buyers get that 'snob' factor, and many people won't buy a Tesla for that reason.  Bam, Ford sells out of the Mach-E!

There are plenty of Ford snobs like my family who will buy a vehicle just because it has the Ford and/or Pony emblem on it. 

I'm patiently awaiting the reservation process to open on Sunday, got the $500 ready to reserve a Mustang Mach-E First Edition as a gift for my wife. :happyfeet:

• Like 2

I am now less concerned about the name and more concerned about the range. The Tesla seems to beat it at every trim. Was ford touting this as outclassing the Tesla or was that just internet rumors from enthusiasts? Either way I expected it to be equal or better. 

23 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

The car looks interesting....but most of the critics are complaining it's built in Mexico, while Volkswagen is building electric vehicles in Tennessee! 

I think I need to correct my comment about  Volkswagen building electric in Tennessee. They are not requiring workers to join the UAW....while if Ford decided to build in the USA...they would be forced to make all workers join the UAW....a costly proposition for a company struggling against non union automakers!

58 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Was ford touting this as outclassing the Tesla or was that just internet rumors from enthusiasts? 

Ford didn't make that claim. They'd get in trouble if they did.

Ford simply said Mustang Mach-E is an "all-new, all-electric SUV that will don the iconic pony badge".

Edited by rperez817

2 hours ago, Assimilator said:

I actually think the Mach E exposes some of the backwards thinking of Ford when it comes to EVs.  It's a copy-cat that tries NOT to resemble an EV, right down to the long hood and vroom vroom Mustang noises.  I think it could be ridiculed as out of touch and it's one of many things that leaves me unimpressed with Ford's first attempt. The specs are almost there, I don't know about the rest. I would still prefer a Model Y personally, the design is integral and honest with the form factor and the interior space benefits from it. 

I actually like the interior design quite a bit, especially for a Ford. I think the Tesla interior looks better however.  

The Mustang does have a few things going for it that I wish Tesla had, such as Wireless CarPlay and Satellite Radio. 

You absolutely crazy to think the cheap tesla interior is better than the Mach e. I've sat in both and the Mach e blows that cheap plastic loaded tesla out the water

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I am now less concerned about the name and more concerned about the range. The Tesla seems to beat it at every trim. Was ford touting this as outclassing the Tesla or was that just internet rumors from enthusiasts? Either way I expected it to be equal or better. 

It is in the ballpark though compared to model 3 except for the GT.  But I think that's because Tesla is using more expensive motors and maybe larger battery packs (also more expensive) and underpricing the vehicle.  Ford doesn't need to sell these at a loss.   And Ford gets the full $7500 credit.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, novanglus said:

...been waiting 3 months on a windshield for my Fiat 500e that was going to be a trade in on my M3P.  Last due date promised was Dec 5th.  I have over $5k sitting around doing nothing but waiting on an acoustic glass windshield.  So, parts and repairs issues happen in every brand.  Ask anyone with a Fiesta/Focus DCT issue about it.  The dealer model doesn’t guarantee a better experience.

ive had 4 fiestas...parts were NEVER an issue...and I did hear about Fiat parts issues...same thing happened with the Ram diesels...those damn Italians...

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yep, I was wrong about that one.  Good for Ford.

But you still can't get a Raptor, GT350 or GT500 on A/Z/X plan.

they are still considered Limited production vehicles...I have no problem at all for Ford not "incentivizing" halo vehicles in the slightest.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yep, I was wrong about that one.  Good for Ford.

But you still can't get a Raptor, GT350 or GT500 on A/Z/X plan.

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

they are still considered Limited production vehicles...I have no problem at all for Ford not "incentivizing" halo vehicles in the slightest.

I never understood this at all (maybe on first year vehicles). It's like you are penalizing those who are eligible by not allowing them to use it on the best products. I would have bought a Focus RS if it would have been eligible. Meanwhile that Focus RS sat there on the dealer lot for another year until they finally advertised a price 6k below sticker.