Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

20 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you forgot F550s...…...

Well if you want to get technical here is the entire list of excluded products:

Ineligible Products

 Fiesta S (100A) o Fiesta S (100A) is eligible for AZ-Plan only  Mustang Boss 302  Mustang Shelby GT500  Mustang Shelby GT350  Mustang Special 50th Anniversary Edition   Mustang Bullitt  Ford GT  Focus RS   F-150 Raptor  F-450 & F-550 Chassis Cabs  E-Series: E-450 Cutaway & E-450 Stripped Chassis  F-Series Stripped Chassis: F-53 Class A Motorhome Chassis & F59 Commercial Stripped Chassis  F-650 & F-750 Chassis Cabs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I never understood this at all (maybe on first year vehicles). It's like you are penalizing those who are eligible by not allowing them to use it on the best products. I would have bought a Focus RS if it would have been eligible. Meanwhile that Focus RS sat there on the dealer lot for another year until they finally advertised a price 6k below sticker.

As great of a car as that is (I've seen it referred to as God on Wheels by multiple publications), it's really hard to justify spending $40k+ on a Focus

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I never understood this at all (maybe on first year vehicles). It's like you are penalizing those who are eligible by not allowing them to use it on the best products. I would have bought a Focus RS if it would have been eligible. Meanwhile that Focus RS sat there on the dealer lot for another year until they finally advertised a price 6k below sticker.

You're not penalizing employees, you're supposedly just reserving limited production to customers paying regular price.   Also you're not purchasing from Ford, you're still purchasing from a dealer and if the dealer doesn't want to sell a limited run vehicle on A/Z/X plan they don't have to.

It can backfire though as you point out with the RS.  But I doubt that dealer would have accepted a plan purchase in the first place.

1 hour ago, averagengineer said:

You absolutely crazy to think the cheap tesla interior is better than the Mach e. I've sat in both and the Mach e blows that cheap plastic loaded tesla out the water

It's minimal, not cheap.  And the reason I prefer the interior of the Tesla is because of the low cowl and better forward visibility, it's a more airy feel.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As great of a car as that is (I've seen it referred to as God on Wheels by multiple publications), it's really hard to justify spending $40k+ on a Focus

absolutely loved that car...yes it was pricey...but fully in line with immediate competitors....and from what I understand...it was expensive to build...thus the lack of incentives on it such as subvented interest rates, rebates or A,X, Z D plan pricing...and for what its worth...there was bugger all markup between invoice and MSRP anyways...

11 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

It's minimal, not cheap.  And the reason I prefer the interior of the Tesla is because of the low cowl and better forward visibility, it's a more airy feel.   

Teslas "leather" absolutely is cheap...a number of owners have bleated about pre-mature wear...as for the big screen, not a fan there either...way too distracting, and for that reason doesnt exactly promote good driving practices...  

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

I rarely dig a design based solely on photos...but color me impressed...and I think the rear end looks great ...will distinguish itself from its competitors on the road...saw a brand new X4 this morning, absolute turd styling wise compared with this 

Mach-E-web-4.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah, I get that. I struggled with that till I drove one. I mean the one I was looking at was close to 40. The interior did nothing for me but since it had sync 3, the technology was there. I really liked the AWD system and having a hatch. The stars didn't align up though. If I could of gotten it for 35 then I probably would of bought it.  The dealer let it go for less months later. Mind you, this is after the publicly mocked headgasket fiasco for that model and most dealers killed initial excitement after trying ridiculous mark ups.

13 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

I loved the design. Will the GT version be called Ford Mustang Mach E GT? It seems to me too long

It's actually much shorter than Ford Mustang Mach E Select or Ford Mustang Mach E Premium... not sure it matters though. You are imagining a problem that doesn't exist. 

4 hours ago, Assimilator said:

I actually think the Mach E exposes some of the backwards thinking of Ford when it comes to EVs.  It's a copy-cat that tries NOT to resemble an EV, right down to the long hood and vroom vroom Mustang noises.  I think it could be ridiculed as out of touch and it's one of many things that leaves me unimpressed with Ford's first attempt. The specs are almost there, I don't know about the rest. I would still prefer a Model Y personally, the design is integral and honest with the form factor and the interior space benefits from it. 

I actually like the interior design quite a bit, especially for a Ford. I think the Tesla interior looks better however.  

The Mustang does have a few things going for it that I wish Tesla had, such as Wireless CarPlay and Satellite Radio. 

Model S looking like an attractive normal car is IMO part of what helped make it successful.  Why would Ford not try to emulate that formula?

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

I am not feeling the backend.  It looks like they squished the Mustang backend into a stripe on a massive tush.

Mach-E-web-6.jpg

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm really not feeling the entire design after seeing the production photos.  Granted, the images they use on Ford's website tend to always be the worst, so I'll wait patiently for Sunday to see some nicer imagery.  But, it looks a bit ungainly from certain angles, especially the rear.

I'm not loving the rear on that angle.  BUT these are bad looking computer generated images taken at ant level.  I have a feeling once you see real pictures at more normal angles, it'll look far more attractive.

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am a bit disappointed in what I am reading here. I'll wait for the full reveal and spec from Ford before I give final judgment. As far as exterior, it's respectable. I don't mind that. However, the interior is hideous. Fine, give a giant screen for the center stack. The driver ipad looking thing is ridiculous.. Why reinvent the driver gauges pod and replace with an ipad? It just looks like a blatant rip off of what Tesla is trying to do. Also, I am a bit underwhelmed at the performance of all models excluding GT. And the fact the GT gets a serious range deduction. 

Many of Ford's gauge clusters these days are all digital anyway.  All this does is remove the cover over it, so I don't get that complaint.

Mustang this, Bronco that, Family something something. Just build the damn things and ship them. Most dealerships and customer's are tired of waiting for the new promised product. That said, If and or when Lincoln gets their version, might I suggest the use "Mach E Mark" and hope for the Funky Bunch Edition. With no engine noise, would it have a...Good Vibration?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

....Many of Ford's gauge clusters these days are all digital anyway.  All this does is remove the cover over it, so I don't get that complaint.

And that is precisely why I don't like it. Try reading your ipad in direct sunlight. Also, it looks less like a cockpit and more like an afterthought (like a science project). "Here is something that I had laying around that could give you information" vs "Here is a display I designed to be easy to read and understand, that flows with the drivers setup. "

It just seems like change to just change (or copy Tesla did). Do you think it makes the driving experiencing better or worse?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

And that is precisely why I don't like it. Try reading your ipad in direct sunlight. Also, it looks less like a cockpit and more like an afterthought (like a science project). "Here is something that I had laying around that could give you information" vs "Here is a display I designed to be easy to read and understand, that flows with the drivers setup. "

It just seems like change to just change (or copy Tesla did). Do you think it makes the driving experiencing better or worse?

Well 1) I don't have an ipad, but 2) I don't have a problem seeing my phone in sunlight lol.  3) the gauges face you, not the sky, so no reflection problem.

If they wanted to copy Tesla, they'd have had no gauge setup at all, which is stupid.  So in that sense, it makes the driving experience better than Tesla.  Beyond that, I see ZERO effect on driving experience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Assimilator said:

I guess I don't get the blasphemy outrage of using the Mustang brand on this, although I would personally prefer if they didn't.  

I'm with you on that one. I am a Mustang owner and I think it would be crazy to be insulted to the point where I'd never buy a regular Mustang, because they use the name and style on another car.

I think that if they made a Mustang sedan based on the Mustang coupe and still named it Mustang, I know I'd be tempted to get one. So if I wanted an electric car, I know Mustang Mach E (MME?) would be the top of my list as of this moment.

• Like 3

Hard disagree. They use fake plastic leather EVERYWHERE. Deleted the cluster for cost saving (cheap), fake wood trim, cheap piano black painted plastic in center console, Those wheel aero covers look quite cheap, don't get me started on the paint. Look up pain quality issues and you'll be shocked to see how thin Tesla paint is. The fact that they dont evnn bother to paint areas that are covered speaks a lot.

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/29257/finnish-tesla-model-3-inspection-reveals-soft-thin-under-spec-paint

4 hours ago, akirby said:

People said EXACTLY the same thing about Porsche which at one time was synonymous with 2 door sports cars.   But then they made a Panamera which is nothing more than a 4 door 911 regardless of the name.  Then they made (gasp!) SUVs!   Did any of the diminish the 911?  Of course not.  Because those vehicles perform like a Porsche.  And mach-e performs like a mustang - even better in some cases.

Mustang coupe isn't "tainted" because another version has 4 doors.  At least not for 99.999% of potential buyers.

A Panamera is nothing more than a 4 door 911?  How does that work with the engine at the opposite end?

No, it's not the same at all.  First, Porsche had an order of magnitude greater brand equity than Ford (because Ford destroys every brand they build).  Second, Porsche didn't slap an iconic model name on a completely unrelated model in a totally different segment.  They didn't call their sedan, CUV, or electric vehicle a  911 Carrera S, C, or E.    They generally didn't even mention the 911 in their marketing.  Instead they traded on the Porsche brand and emphasized how these new segment entries brought Porsche brand values to those segments.   Even the biggest Porsche sports car purists couldn't deny that Porsche delivered on those values and in the end they did nothing to sully their iconic brands.

Unlike Ford who has now burned the Mustang brand.   A Mustang is not an SUV and an SUV is not a Mustang.  If you survey the automotive forums around the Internet this is widely being laughed at or viewed with horror.  Even the people who express interest in the new model commonly do so in spite of the branding and not because of it.  Some of those who like the whole thing admit to liking it purely in a trollish sense.