Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

12 months apparently Kyle....much like the 3's release deposits will be taken...but apparently its 45000 nationwide...

I'm looking forward to it and this is one of those vehicles that will get my attention. Hopefully they deliver the hype factor.

One of the things I got to say, is that just on this post I have recognized a bunch of new names here and want to welcome them to the forum....let's not run them off to fast guys!!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, novanglus said:

I never stated it was the holy grail.  I stated negative issues and positive ones.  You’re being overly defensive.  I’m merely sharing my experiences.

not defensive at all...I LOATHE chest bumping pompadour….when all you hear is how good, how much better, best in the industry etc etc about a product with well published issues, people need reminded that its really not as spectacular as they are attempting to convince everyone else it is....the 3 is a GOOD car...not groundbreaking, not SPECTACULAR....and soon to be challenged in a market its pretty much had to itself...and Fords effort is more aimed at the Y not the 3...which is perhaps where theres a stronger draw given the publics preference of CUVs to sedans. We shall see. 

5 minutes ago, kyle said:

I'm looking forward to it and this is one of those vehicles that will get my attention. Hopefully they deliver the hype factor.

One of the things I got to say, is that just on this post I have recognized a bunch of new names here and want to welcome them to the forum....let's not run them off to fast guys!!!!

apologies if I come down a little hard...but as stated before..Tesla owners egos are second to none...that said theres loyalists of other brands that can see no fault in their beloved either...including Ford loyalists.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I think what A Kirby was referring to was the Panamera is 911 influenced ...which it most definitely is, as THIS is to the Mustang...I have zero issue with Mustang being mentioned in any form or fashion regarding this vehicle...amazing what people get their panties in a wad about lately....no doubt this vehicle will spark a Street protest somewhere and sales will be boycotted solely on the basis of its affiliation with perhaps Fords most iconic brand name... 

Porsche didn't market the Panamera as 911 influenced.  They simply designed a sedan in their styling language with their brand values and people made that association.  

"Lately" as though this is some new sensitivity.    30 years ago Mustang fans wouldn't stand for a FWD sports coupe (the Probe) branded as a Mustang.  Now it's "panties in a wad" because someone dares to point out the abject stupidity of putting the brand on an SUV.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

People said EXACTLY the same thing about Porsche which at one time was synonymous with 2 door sports cars.   But then they made a Panamera which is nothing more than a 4 door 911 regardless of the name.  Then they made (gasp!) SUVs!   Did any of the diminish the 911?  Of course not.  Because those vehicles perform like a Porsche.  And mach-e performs like a mustang - even better in some cases.

Mustang coupe isn't "tainted" because another version has 4 doors.  At least not for 99.999% of potential buyers.

Actually they made a Cayenne before they made a Panamera.

Just now, Roland said:

Porsche didn't market the Panamera as 911 influenced.  They simply designed a sedan in their styling language with their brand values and people made that association.  

"Lately" as though this is some new sensitivity.    30 years ago Mustang fans wouldn't stand for a FWD sports coupe (the Probe) branded as a Mustang.  Now it's "panties in a wad" because someone dares to point out the abject stupidity of putting the brand on an SUV.

Hmm its RWD and has performance to back it up, but it has 4 doors? Whats the Problem?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Hmm its RWD and has performance to back it up, but it has 4 doors? Whats the Problem?

None for me, I own a 18 Mustang GT and putting my reservation in Sunday for a ER Premium.

This will be good for Mustang in the long run. Mustang sales are going down, it's a 2 door vehicle, increasing C02 emissions target, etc.

I actually think this is going to save Mustang. Leaving everything as is would surely lead to a long slow death

Edited by averagengineer
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

No sir, I haven't driven a Mustang Mach-E, though I sure wish I could. I am reserving one on Sunday and will patiently wait for delivery in late 2020.

Who is "pre-judging" the Mustang Mach-E on this thread? Sure isn't novanglus or rperez817. There were some comments in the thread regarding the leaked photo about the Mustang Mach-E's design, but that's not pre-judging either.

theres quite  few comments regarding the supposed superiority of componentry....all before the full release of a competitor...Id call that pre-judgement for sure...Bosch has been around for decades...I don't doubt their expertise for a second....so Ill wait till theres actually valid criticism and hands on rather than speculation. And Im well aware of Teslas gremlins as hopefully Ford is...so theres a chance....throwing it out there...that they address said issues and perhaps improve...but who knows...do not want to pre-judge. And Id also say, that the Y will weigh somewhat more than the 3..so THAT should be the comparison.

6 minutes ago, averagengineer said:

None for me, I own a 18 Mustang GT and putting my reservation in Sunday for a ER Premium.

This will be good for Mustang in the long run. Mustang sales are going down, it's a 2 door vehicle, increasing C02 emissions target, etc.

I actually think this is going to save Mustang. Leaving everything as is would surely lead to a long slow death

theres also rumor of a high performance Mustang hybrid with performance that matches or exceeds the current 5.0....this branding doesn't bother me at all...Mustang and Bronco families...love it! Ponytail on icons...personally think its smart! 

12 minutes ago, Deanh said:

...and Fords effort is more aimed at the Y not the 3...which is perhaps where theres a stronger draw given the publics preference of CUVs to sedans. We shall see. 

Keep in mind that the Y is being advertised with 7-passenger seating as an option.  Not sure if the E will match that.

HRG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Keep in mind that the Y is being advertised with 7-passenger seating as an option.  Not sure if the E will match that.

HRG

no problem with that at all...those 3rd row seats in vehicles this size are afterthoughts anyways...but...may sway some that deem it necessary. And I will fess...have never looked at the third row in the X...usable?...

11 minutes ago, averagengineer said:

Thats how I feel about it...a Mach E would be a good fit for me, but I think my wife is actually thinking about it as a possible replacement for her Escape-she drives a shit ton so it would save her some $$$ in gas. I'll see what the Bronco offers exactly and what the Mach E does when I'm looking at getting a car in summer 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Meanwhile on Facebook....

machE.thumb.PNG.578ff2a26071c6bfb53b0f9d0a2c14f7.PNG

Any ideas?

my only issue is all the hype and hoopla in the world can fizzle over 12 months....kinda like the 180,000 deposits on the model 3, fueled somewhat by the promise of a $35k version...its called Elon 101....

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

And better systems integration. Sandy Munro marveled at the engineering of the Model 3's electronics modules when he did a teardown analysis. He said the system integration was at a level far ahead anything he's seen in the automotive industry and closer to what you'd find in the aerospace industry.

Thats because they’re a tech company masquerading as a car company. Why else would they insist on building all of their electronics in house?

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Meanwhile on Facebook....

machE.thumb.PNG.578ff2a26071c6bfb53b0f9d0a2c14f7.PNG

Any ideas?

Just a thought,

The other real Mustang, a hybrid Coyote shown side by side with the new Mach E

I think that Ford needs to do the two releases together to reinforce the Mustang Link.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Roland said:

Because the Mustang as we know it isn't going away. 

Lighten up Francis

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

To that point, Ford has done a tear down on all 3 Teslas so they’re well aware of what they're all about. 

echoed my thoughts completely...so question is...what did they target to improve...because they sure as well wont downgrade from what is considered the target will they?...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Just a thought,

The other real Mustang, a hybrid Coyote shown side by side with the new Mach E

I think that Ford needs to do the two releases together to reinforce the Mustang Link.

ohhh...that may be the hybrid Mustang I just mentioned....didnt think of that...

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

ohhh...that may be the hybrid Mustang I just mentioned....didnt think of that...

I didn't see your quote before posting , so it will either make no need to get snippy....

and putting Mach E next to Focus RS might be counter productive here.

The Focus RS electric rear drive is similar to that being used on the performance Corsair,

the big battery pack obstructs the transmission tunnel so they had to use electric RWD

to supplemet FWD powertrain and hybridding

Edited by jpd80
  • Haha 1