Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

What is msrp?...what do i do with no charging stations in the boonies?...how is range affected in 10degree weather? Or -10?...a normal commute is 45minutes how is range affected in a 5 hour drive home whem roads are clogged with ice/snow?...how does 4 hourse of idle time affect range?....i do think these cars make sense but like many we have questions 

12 minutes ago, Deanh said:

more to look forward too...BRILLIANT!

The concern is the pricing that I saw yesterday before the site was taken down,

the two motor GT version is up around $60 K, has a 0-60 of 3.5 seconds

but battery range is 235 miles. I have the power and torque figures somewhere too.

469 HP and 600 lb ft...am I conflating Hybrid Mustang figures...god i hope so..

lower models start with 270 mile battery and a larger  mile unit so will be paying

for range and power as always, no surprise there. the one issue for me is Tesla's

quick charging.

Mach E Charging at 47 miles in 10 minutes versus Tesla 150 miles in 10 minutes.

Ford launching home charging  is a great start though and may be enough for most

actual buyers. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves but cautious optimism....

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, snooter said:

What is msrp?...what do i do with no charging stations in the boonies?...how is range affected in 10degree weather? Or -10?...a normal commute is 45minutes how is range affected in a 5 hour drive home whem roads are clogged with ice/snow?...how does 4 hourse of idle time affect range?....i do think these cars make sense but like many we have questions 

Who is forcing you to buy an electric vehicle?  How do you get an electric car to "idle"?

ICE is not going away.

According to the majority of your posts, you wouldn't buy a new ICE vehicle so why are you sweating a new electric vehicle you won't buy?

Edited by MY93SHO

17 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

but battery range is 235 miles. I have the power and torque figures somewhere too.

lower models start with 270 mile battery and a larger  mile unit so will be paying

for range and power as always, no surprise there. the one issue for me is Tesla's

quick charging.

Ford launching home charging  is a great start though and may be enough for most

Thats great...how do those numbers look in the north at -25 degrees

20 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

quick charging.

wasn't Ford working with someone ( VW? ) regarding charging stations? Remember how big the VW group is.so large, dare I say ultimately there will be a Universal charging infrastructure that may address charging issues and time...who knows.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Just now, Deanh said:

wasn't Ford working with someone ( VW? ) regarding charging stations? Remember how big the VW group is.so, dare I say ultimately there will be a Universal charging infrastructure that may address charging issues and time...who knows.

For now, that's in Europe with other brands there but I think it's the future,

damned shame they can't do a deal with Tesla to use fast charge network.

1 minute ago, jpd80 said:

For now, that's in Europe with other brands there but I think it's the future,

damned shame they can't do a deal with Tesla to use fast charge network.

didn't Elon offer the network to anyone interested?....maybe with a royalty?..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That I don't know 

I truly doubt you would tear down your most obvious competition and design something that's not as good....true...there may be compromises in certain areas to reel in ultimate costs...but fingers crossed the important stuff is grade above...but thats all here say until we finally get our hands on actual product...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roland said:

A Panamera is nothing more than a 4 door 911?  How does that work with the engine at the opposite end?

No, it's not the same at all.  First, Porsche had an order of magnitude greater brand equity than Ford (because Ford destroys every brand they build).  Second, Porsche didn't slap an iconic model name on a completely unrelated model in a totally different segment.  They didn't call their sedan, CUV, or electric vehicle a  911 Carrera S, C, or E.    They generally didn't even mention the 911 in their marketing.  Instead they traded on the Porsche brand and emphasized how these new segment entries brought Porsche brand values to those segments.   Even the biggest Porsche sports car purists couldn't deny that Porsche delivered on those values and in the end they did nothing to sully their iconic brands.

Unlike Ford who has now burned the Mustang brand.   A Mustang is not an SUV and an SUV is not a Mustang.  If you survey the automotive forums around the Internet this is widely being laughed at or viewed with horror.  Even the people who express interest in the new model commonly do so in spite of the branding and not because of it.  Some of those who like the whole thing admit to liking it purely in a trollish sense.

I'm also a 928 owner . . . chop 2 doors off of the Pamamera and call it a day!!  Lots of 928 owners waiting for a chopped Pamamera.  Though 928 owners are a minority and don't have as loud of a voice as 911 owners.  (And darn the 944/968 owners!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IMSA-XJR9 said:

I'm also a 928 owner . . . chop 2 doors off of the Pamamera and call it a day!!  Lots of 928 owners waiting for a chopped Pamamera.  Though 928 owners are a minority and don't have as loud of a voice as 911 owners.  (And darn the 944/968 owners!)

one of my favorite Porsches....and shortening the Panamera would maybe help its odd proportions...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

quick charging.

I believe the lower models started at 230 mile range for rwd and 210 for awd. Then there’s a bump up to 270 and another bump up to 300.

5 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I believe the lower models started at 230 mile range for rwd and 210 for awd. Then there’s a bump up to 270 and another bump up to 300.

Most likely you are correct.

With that, it looks like Ford is leaving it up to customers to buy extra range if they choose to do so,

The two motor HP unit has big batteries but back to around the 235 mile range but Ford was also

fiddling with the figures too before it was taken down/ captured by others. For now, those figures

should serve as a guide to thinking with proposed models.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

echoed my thoughts completely...so question is...what did they target to improve...because they sure as well wont downgrade from what is considered the target will they?...

Maybe they targeted assembly techniques.  There's engineering, and then there's building a vehicle.  Sandy Munro's company may have praised the battery/computer/electronic interface, but they also strongly criticized the shoddy assembly.  His one suggestion to King Elon was to hire some retired Detroit assembly engineer to help revamp Tesla's factory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

Who is forcing you to buy an electric vehicle?  How do you get an electric car to "idle"?

ICE is not going away.

According to the majority of your posts, you wouldn't buy a new ICE vehicle so why are you sweating a new electric vehicle you won't buy?

What we need to know is how long you can SIT, not moving on the interstate in -10 weather and still run the heater......range is useless marketing except under ideal conditions...and yes i would by lectric..problem 1 is zilch charging stations but the deal breaker is registration fees added on by the gubment...nobody is adding in extra taxes on these vehicles to pay for the dam roads....if i aint pumping the dino fuel the state aint getting there tax money......

Edited by snooter

1 hour ago, Roland said:

And that's assured for how long, Kreskin?

They need that nameplate as nobody who does not want a truck or suv is even considering ford...when they dumped cars many of us went across street to the asian car dealers (they shoulda kept the foci) cause they had small cars..we wanted more than 15mpg on an average suv to run into work and get the groceries....if they put mustang on fords prius version i wont ever be back either

3 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Sandy Munro's company may have praised the battery/computer/electronic interface, but they also strongly criticized the shoddy assembly.  His one suggestion to King Elon was to hire some retired Detroit assembly engineer to help revamp Tesla's factory.

Yes sir. Sandy Munro's engineering firm was right in both cases. Elon Musk took the feedback seriously. Tesla Model 3 build quality has improved significantly since Munro's initial report. Still not as good as premium cars from European and Asian automakers. But it is now comparable to models from the other 2 U.S. automakers (GM and Ford) at similar price points. https://insideevs.com/news/353361/video-tesla-build-quality-improvements/

"Automotive teardown expert Sandy Munro initially compared the Tesla Model 3 to a 90s Kia. Over time, he's changed his assessment drastically. In this recent video, a few areas of minor concern are discovered upon close inspection. However, overall, it shows that Tesla has made notable progress. According to Teslafinity, while the Model 3 is not to the level of German luxury cars, you shouldn't be concerned with ordering one at this point, even if you do prioritize build quality."

Edited by rperez817

9 hours ago, Roland said:

A Panamera is nothing more than a 4 door 911?  How does that work with the engine at the opposite end?

Instead they traded on the Porsche brand and emphasized how these new segment entries brought Porsche brand values to those segments.   Even the biggest Porsche sports car purists couldn't deny that Porsche delivered on those values and in the end they did nothing to sully their iconic brands.

Unlike Ford who has now burned the Mustang brand

Overreact much with that last statement?  Do you really think this will impact mustang coupe sales in any way?  I don’t.

As for Panamera I was obviously referring to styling.  There is no mistaking the 911 front and rear,

As for trading on the Porsche brand, that’s EXACTLY what a Ford is doing with their mustang brand.  They’re bringing mustang performance and brand values to a new type of vehicle.  It may have 4 doors but it’s faster than a mustang and probably handles better.   It’s the same proposition as Porsche and will be just as successful.  A real mustang fan would not be offended in the least.  

I guess we’ll here the same thing when the baby Bronco appears since it will be smaller and unibody and fwd based.  Oh the horror!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Roland said:

Porsche didn't market the Panamera as 911 influenced. 

"Lately" as though this is some new sensitivity.    30 years ago Mustang fans wouldn't stand for a FWD sports coupe (the Probe) branded as a Mustang.  Now it's "panties in a wad" because someone dares to point out the abject stupidity of putting the brand on an SUV.

They didn’t have to market it that way.  One look and you knew it was a 4 door version of a 911.

And that last statement is not true.  Ford wasn’t going to add a fwd coupe branded mustang - they were going to REPLACE it altogether.  If they were replacing current mustang with Mach-E I would agree but they’re not so it’s a terrible analogy.

As for panties in a wad, look in the mirror.  There is no logical reason to be upset about this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, averagengineer said:

I actually think this is going to save Mustang. Leaving everything as is would surely lead to a long slow death

The sad part is people like Roland would probably prefer that.  Just kill the name and let it live on as a distant fond memory never to be sold again.  Now that would be abject stupidity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snooter said:

They need that nameplate as nobody who does not want a truck or suv is even considering ford...when they dumped cars many of us went across street to the asian car dealers (they shoulda kept the foci) cause they had small cars..we wanted more than 15mpg on an average suv to run into work and get the groceries....if they put mustang on fords prius version i wont ever be back either

15 mpg?  You can get 30 in an escape - 40 in the escape hybrid.   Edge is upper 20s.  My 469 lb/ft F150 gets low 20s easily.  Cars are no longer significantly more fuel efficient.

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

15 mpg?  You can get 30 in an escape - 40 in the escape hybrid.   Edge is upper 20s.  My 469 lb/ft F150 gets low 20s easily.  Cars are no longer significantly more fuel efficient.

Ignorance is bliss and that guy is clearly happy in his own little world

don't feed the troll