Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

55 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

It's true that Tesla is far ahead of the incumbent automakers currently with BEV technology and design. Part of the reason is that Tesla cars have been 100% pure electric from the beginning. Tesla can't use sales of ICE powered cars and trucks as a crutch, and their corporate mission is to "accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy." So they have no choice but to put all of their engineering and marketing efforts into BEV plus clean energy generation/storage products and services.

But with products like Mustang Mach-E, Ford's commitment to electrification, and Hackett's initiatives to get Ford fit again, investors and analysts may change their tune regarding Ford in the next 12-20 months. Same deal with GM if that company makes good on its promise to roll out 20 electric car models by 2023. Of course, this assumes the looming recession in the U.S. doesn't cause either company to pare back its electrification efforts.

Tesla is the only game in town right now, what remains to be seem with Ford and its really an unknown to me is how far did ford push existing technology on the new        ?ustang? That question has been fairly well answered by wall street up to this point - nothing earth shattering I suspect. The other aspect here is simply the styling and passion the ?ustang emotionally inspires within. It is all a good thing. 

I agree with what you penned. The looming recession is a concern if there is a disuption in access to easy auto credit. Lending institutions have little reason to not want 10 year auto loans. Lending institutions have no issue and would prefer to have further increase in msrp of auto's. There is good money to be made (yea 2008 is ancient history belief) with extended auto loans by lending institutions. A disruption in the flow of easy credit would disrupt Detroit overnight. Tesla is in a far better position to withstand that, hence if your betting you place your cash on Tesla. Still, Ford needs some credit here for finally entering the electrification market. The new      ?ustang should do well in the cities where acces to charging stations is prevelant. Political side of this is outside scope of this thread though. 

• Like 2

A few thoughts, they should have got together and discussed how to say Mach E before the presentation. Hackett kept calling it the Mockey and Idris was saying Mark E. Hackett should just stay away from reveals. Ford is getting its money’s worth from those projectors on the floor.

if you are trying to show how roomy a vehicle is by putting 5 people in it, make sure they don’t look like clowns squeezing into a clown car, all that did was make it look tiny inside.

the photos didn’t do the car justice. They made it look tall, skinny and short, but in the video it looked much longer and wider. Looked well proportioned in the video.

the shape kinda reminds me of the jaguar e pace but stretched and lower.

• Like 1

usacgw01yywseriesvs-kxacmra.png

how are you gonna make a $45k car and put some crappy wheels on it that look like they belong on a base escape? Lolusacgw01yywseriesvs-leacmrj.png

The premium looks a bit better.

usacgw01yywseriesvs-kyacmre.png

I think the California route 1 is using wheels straight from a Prius.

usacgw01yywseriesvs-jzacmrn.png

Gt looks nice. It kinda looks like the alpha Romeo suv.

usacgw01yywseriesvs-leacmrk.png

looks like gt and first editions get the body colored trim. Wonder if it’s an option on the others.

Edited by T-dubz

On 11/15/2019 at 4:50 PM, Deanh said:

how do you actually KNOW that prior to a vehicles release?....like a list of Tesla software issues?....and that's not to say the Mach will be issue free....but to tout what you aqre incinuating BEFORE the cars release is pure speculation,  

...the Mach has a much bigger pack, just as predicted.  98kWh is 33% bigger, which means it is 33% less efficient, as the Y and Mach have similar ranges. I’m not trying to be a dick, I was just being realistic based on size/aero/efficiency/charge rate.

Also, Res# 6273.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Where'd you see that?

The Press release

As electric vehicle owners do 80 percent of their charging at home, Ford offers a Ford Connected Charging station that can add an estimated average range of 32 miles per charging hour on a 240V outlet, based on extended-range, rear-wheel-drive configuration.7 The Ford mobile charger, included with the vehicle, can add an estimated average range of 22 miles per charging hour on a 240V outlet,7 the same used for a conventional oven. Ford is teaming up with Amazon Home to facilitate easy customer home installation by a licensed electrician.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If I got one it would be a Premium AWD with Extended battery...only $58K

Mine would be the First Edition AWD with Extended battery and in Grabber Blue with Onyx Gray interior. But I'm not in market either.

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

A few thoughts, they should have got together and discussed how to say Mach E before the presentation. Hackett kept calling it the Mockey and Idris was saying Mark E. Hackett should just stay away from reveals. Ford is getting its money’s worth from those projectors on the floor.

I also thought it was funny to see the group pose at the end of the presentation and there's Jim Farley standing on the far left completely silent with an awkward smile. The others including Idris Elba were talking and thanked the crowd while Farley just stood there. I cringe when hearing Farley speak as there's something about the way he talks that cringes me. Then that awkward presentation conversation between Farley and Hackett during the Explorer reveal which led me to wonder if Hackett decided to not let Farley do the speaking for the reveals anymore but just to stand there quiet and smiling oddly. I thought that was funny. And that Mach E pronunciations as you mentioned too. :)

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The Press release

...probably just a 14-50 outlet.  We have one for a 40A JuiceBox or my Tesla Mobile charger.  I’d wager the Ford Mobile charger is modular like most nowadays and only requires a different plug to go up to 32A.  My 3 does 30mi/hr, so given the efficiency difference, I’d just about guarantee the Mobile Charger does up to 32A.