Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

5 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Is 22 miles of range per charging hour normal? That seems really low, but I have no idea how other home chargers perform. All the manufacturers only ever tout their fast charging times.

It’s a 32A charger pushing 8kW.  The Mach just has not too great efficiency (about 370Wh/mi), so MPH charge rate is lower. 

23 minutes ago, CJRivera said:

I hate these GT wheels shown on the website.  

The ones shown in the reveal video were much nicer. (Although GT500 or GT350 looking wheels would be even nicer...)

Any ideas which ones actually are on the GT?

usacgw01yywseriesvs-jzacmrn.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.27.45 PM.png

I’d take those wheels in black. They are by far the best looking of the bunch.

40 minutes ago, novanglus said:

It’s a 32A charger pushing 8kW.  The Mach just has not too great efficiency (about 370Wh/mi), so MPH charge rate is lower. 

That's a wall mounted charger. You have to purchase that and have it installed

The 22 is the 240v one supplied with the car along with the 120v charger.

1 hour ago, CJRivera said:

I hate these GT wheels shown on the website.  

The ones shown in the reveal video were much nicer. (Although GT500 or GT350 looking wheels would be even nicer...)

Any ideas which ones actually are on the GT?

usacgw01yywseriesvs-jzacmrn.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.27.45 PM.png

I'm guessing the GT will have multiple wheel options. I like both love the ones on the grabber. 

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Is 22 miles of range per charging hour normal? That seems really low, but I have no idea how other home chargers perform. All the manufacturers only ever tout their fast charging times.

That's the mobile charger you get with the vehicle, the home charger is 32 miles of range per charge hour.

I'm pretty infatuated with this vehicle, I can't wait!  

A few more things I've learned.

This car gets a Hands-Free enhanced cruise control system that uses face tracking to monitor for attentiveness (very similar to Super Cruise but with more elegant hardware).  The hardware will be available at launch but will require a software update to activate later.   I assume this is what they are calling Co-Pilot360 2.0.  You can actually see the hardware sticking up a bit behind the steering wheel and just under the instrument panel.  

Another YouTuber mentioned that the doors actually pop open when you approach closely, so you may not need to push the button?  We'll see, it wasn't being talked bout by Ford but seems to have been mentioned in briefings.  

There are three drive modes "Unbridled, Excite, Whisper" with unique sound effects which can be turned off entirely if you prefer.

It deserves repeating that the Mach E features Wireless CarPlay which is a HUGE deal to me.   

FORD-MUSTANG-MACH-E-13.jpeg

FORD-MUSTANG-MACH-E-26.jpeg

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

That's a wall mounted charger. You have to purchase that and have it installed

The 22 is the 240v one supplied with the car along with the 120v charger.

To clarify, it’s a modular plug that lets you use a 240v.  There are 3 rates... 3mph when charging off the mobile charger at 120V/15A, 22mph when charging off the mobile charger at 240V/32A, and off the wall mounted, 32mph when charging at 240V/48A.

From the best write-up I’ve seen on it:

Ford supplies each Mach-E with a portable charge cord capable of supporting 32A charging on a 40A home 240V circuit. It can also charge using a regular 120V outlet by trivially swapping charge plug “pigtails”. An optional network-connected charging station can be purchased and installed which support the full 48A charge rate on a dedicated 60A circuit.”

https://electricrevs.com/2019/11/17/ford-mustang-mach-e-mainstreams-the-electric-crossover-suv/

Edited by novanglus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Assimilator said:

It deserves repeating that the Mach E features Wireless CarPlay which is a HUGE deal to me.   

Does that include google maps too? I had to use google maps the other day because my nav couldn’t find an address. It was so annoying that I couldn’t put it on the screen without a cable.

14 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Does that include google maps too? I had to use google maps the other day because my nav couldn’t find an address. It was so annoying that I couldn’t put it on the screen without a cable.

I'm assuming Wireless Carplay is just a WiFi connection vs bluetooth. The reason that you couldn't use CarPlay wirelessly is because Bluetooth is bandwidth limited (i.e. can't support data follow needed) to support CarPlay and you need a cable for it.

Only other thing I can think of is that it uses some sort of signal with a wireless charger-but those wireless charger things can be affected by cases and other things. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm assuming Wireless Carplay is just a WiFi connection vs bluetooth. The reason that you couldn't use CarPlay wirelessly is because Bluetooth is bandwidth limited (i.e. can't support data follow needed) to support CarPlay and you need a cable for it.

Only other thing I can think of is that it uses some sort of signal with a wireless charger-but those wireless charger things can be affected by cases and other things. 

I’m almost positive it’s Bluetooth.  It wasn’t bandwidth limited it was an Apple security issue or so it was reported.