Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

The more I look at it the more I like it; curious to see it in Infinite Blue. Still not a fan of the huge center screen but that just seems to be the norm anymore, I’m glad they at least put a display in front of the driver though. I could maybe see myself driving one but I’ll ultimately just wait to see what Lincoln does first. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’m almost positive it’s Bluetooth.  It wasn’t bandwidth limited it was an Apple security issue or so it was reported.

The connection needs in-vehicle Wi-Fi, as Bluetooth alone isn’t robust enough. The latter enables phone calls or streaming music, but it ultimately supports relatively little data. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto need a hardier connection — the impetus behind a physical cable in the first place, which both systems required at inception. A Wi-Fi connection to the multimedia system through an in-vehicle router accommodates more data. It’s the “only wireless protocol that has enough bandwidth to support phone mirroring,” explained David Amodeo, J.D. Power’s director of global automotive.

https://www.cars.com/articles/wireless-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-where-are-they-now-407297/

What about wireless Apple CarPlay?

Wireless Apple CarPlay first made it into the dashes of some high-end factory stereos but now it has moved into the aftermarket realm. Compatible stereos employ a built-in Wi-Fi network in combination with Bluetooth to communicate with your iPhone. After the initial setup and pairing with your phone, you'll be able to launch CarPlay on the stereo without touching your phone as soon as you get into your vehicle.

Not only does wireless CarPlay save you the hassle of having to plug in your phone whenever you get into the vehicle, it also works great for fans of wireless charging in the vehicle, as they can set their phone down and leave it alone to charge as they travel.

https://www.crutchfield.com/learn/what-is-apple-carplay.html

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/30/ford-wireless-carplay-sync-4-2020/

The wireless solution works over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, allowing an iPhone to be connected to the CarPlay system without using a Lightning to USB cable. Ford joins BMW in offering wireless CarPlay, while brands like Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, and Pioneer also offer aftermarket receivers with wireless CarPlay.

It needs both-Wifi and Bluetooth. 

• Like 1

Wireless CarPlay is awesome. I had it on my 4 Series rental a year ago.  I assume there is a wireless charger pad? 

Hopefully it will take advantage of the dual screen CarPlay feature added in iOS 13 (Where directions for instance can be displayed on the dash screen with the map on the big screen). 

12 minutes ago, Maegar said:

Will x and z plan etc work on the mach e?

Hi Maegar. This is personal opinion and not official information: I would take an educated guess that A/X/Z Plan will not be accepted during the initial "VIP" sales phase. Yes at some point later on, when it is not a limited production vehicle, but not initially.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Maegar. This is personal opinion and not official information: I would take an educated guess that A/X/Z Plan will not be accepted during the initial "VIP" sales phase. Yes at some point later on, when it is not a limited production vehicle, but not initially.

Good luck.

I said the same thing and we were both wrong.  Ford has officially said that A/Z/X plan will be available on Mach E.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maegar said:

Niccee.  Anyone have any ideas on when more details will be released? Article mentioned it'll be different than traditional equations. 

Probably not until closer to launch late next year.  I would expect a very small discount for X plan (maybe $500) and up to 4% on A plan but that's just a guess.   There is no "dealer invoice" and "msrp" here - just msrp.  Dealers are paid a commission for each delivery.

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

Probably not until closer to launch late next year.  I would expect a very small discount for X plan (maybe $500) and up to 4% on A plan but that's just a guess.   There is no "dealer invoice" and "msrp" here - just msrp.  Dealers are paid a commission for each delivery.

my guess would be an additional "rebate " of some sorts.

Flame me if you want....

I showed the pictures that ice Capades posted as "Ford's new car" to my wife. Her response was: "I thought they were killing off the Fusion?". Then I explained that it was all electric. Her response: " How many miles per charge and how long to charge?". When I told her 200-300 and several hours she asked "Why anyone would buy that with such a limited range and that long to recharge?".

The I gave her the name Mustang Mach E. Her response: "They picked the wrong horse...should be Pinto Mach E....I should know, I had a Pinto. Boy, Ford offers almost nothing that's appealing to me anymore".

Needless to say; we won't be buying one for her. Now...in defense of her thoughts; she drives 325 miles one way every month to deal with her 84 year old mother's needs. Her mother lives in a retirement home, so there is no access for her to plug up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If the demand is there, Ford will build more...

maybe down the road yes, but a part of me likes the fact Ford isn't going all in as such...and Im quite sure , much like Tesla...a lot of the initial deposits will be refunded...but someone waiting in the wings will be there to replace said deposit.