Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

For those complaining about name, most first gen Mustangs were stylish commuter cars, not the 428/429 big block V8 screamers. Think of "six and the single girl" ad and Mary Tyler Moore show credits, with her driving a base 1970 model. Average owners had a 302 2 bbl or I6, and didn't drag race every weekend. Many were maybe dad's "work car",{my family}

Only fan boys think "all of the classic Stangs were muscle cars!"

If Ford just called this a forgettable name like C-Max {one of their worst ever}, it would not get news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 630land said:

For those complaining about name, most first gen Mustangs were stylish commuter cars, not the 428/429 big block V8 screamers. Think of "six and the single girl" ad and Mary Tyler Moore show credits, with her driving a base 1970 model. Average owners had a 302 2 bbl or I6, and didn't drag race every weekend. Many were maybe dad's "work car",{my family}

If Ford just called this a forgettable name like C-Max {one of their worst ever}, it would not get news.

How soon they forget that the Mustang evolved from the FALCON.

HRG

23 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Ah, I didn't see that.

I'm actually liking this car in white, and I usually find white boring.  So I wonder how the reservation number works - does that mean you're #7,502?

Agreed!

I want this one.  In the blue.  It's very disappointing that the only real blue option is grabber blue on the First Edition.  I'm assuming/hoping that another blue option will appear on the GT down the road.  It's weird that they'd show the GT in a color that's not available.....I like those wheels too.  I'm assuming we'll see more options show up as the GT become available.

---

I'm actually really liking this thing.  I have a few hang ups, though:

-Blue limited to First Edition (at the moment).  I'd prefer a GT, but I could "suffer" through a First Edition lol.

-Don't know if I'm ready for electric - currently I could, but should I move into a condo coming up (nothing in the works, but it's a possibility), there won't be a place to charge it.

-I've had Bronco in mind for a while......I think it'd be a more practical option right now.

RMC...the blue you want is Grabber Blue as in the photograph...avail on First Edition ( boy band? ) and GT...the other blue, Infinite blue Metallic is also avail...on Select, Premium, California Route 1 and GT...

Carbon neutral is an interesting term, I bet there’s a lot of flexibility on what is done to achieve that as opposed to what people think it means. The world is not running out of oil and  gas quickly enough for the extreme greens, they want more now and that’s going to force contrived expediency on legislators.

Edited by jpd80

45 minutes ago, 630land said:

a lot of people are complaining because sub branding is stupid and is an obvious marketing ploy. If this vehicle is as good as they claim, it could stand on its own and they would have created a new “icon” instead of riding the coat tails of one of their older “icons” that 90% of the public no longer care about. How many millennials and gen z do you see driving mustangs these days? I bet they are more interesting in Tesla with its technology than with mustang and it’s performance. They should have established some kind of brand/name plate that revolves around  electric vehicles with good sporty design and technology. by the time the millennials and gen z are the main car buyers, it would be well established and an “icon” of its own.

as many have said, if they wanted an electric mustang, just do it on the existing vehicle. No one would complain with that, well not as many lol.

59 minutes ago, Deanh said:

RMC...the blue you want is Grabber Blue as in the photograph...avail on First Edition ( boy band? ) and GT...the other blue, Infinite blue Metallic is also avail...on Select, Premium, California Route 1 and GT...

Correct - I know Grabber Blue is available on the First Edition.  But they showed the GT - all the GT debut photos/videos/vehicle itself - in Grabber Blue, which isn't available on anything but the First Edition.

I also know "Infinite Blue" is available, but it looks like a blue-ish gray at best.

---

As much as I like the Mach E, I still think Bronco is going to be better for me for now (still holding out hope the hybrid appears at debut).

Edited by rmc523

23 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

a lot of people are complaining because sub branding is stupid and is an obvious marketing ploy. If this vehicle is as good as they claim, it could stand on its own and they would have created a new “icon” instead of riding the coat tails of one of their older “icons” that 90% of the public no longer care about. How many millennials and gen z do you see driving mustangs these days? I bet they are more interesting in Tesla with its technology than with mustang and it’s performance. They should have established some kind of brand/name plate that revolves around  electric vehicles with good sporty design and technology. by the time the millennials and gen z are the main car buyers, it would be well established and an “icon” of its own.

as many have said, if they wanted an electric mustang, just do it on the existing vehicle. No one would complain with that, well not as many lol.

Doing an EV like this on the existing coupe or architecture as in four  door or  SUV would arguably do more permanent damage to the brand. At least this way, the purists keep their Mustang coupe and the new crowd get their BEV SUV.

Rather than a BEV Mustang coupe, what about folding a BEV Shelby AC Cobra into the family  as an extreme mix of new and Retro.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Worked for Jeep and Ram.  It can work here.

18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Correct - I know Grabber Blue is available on the First Edition.  But they showed the GT - all the GT debut photos/videos/vehicle itself - in Grabber Blue, which isn't available on anything but the First Edition.

I also know "Infinite Blue" is available, but it looks like a blue-ish gray at best.

---

As much as I like the Mach E, I still think Bronco is going to be better for me for now (still holding out hope the hybrid appears at debut).

I have the brochure in front of me Grabber Blue IS avail on GT. And Also the First Edition line...

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Doing an EV like this on the existing coupe or architecture as in four  door or  SUV would arguably do more permanent damage to the brand. At least this way, the purists keep their Mustang coupe and the new crowd get their BEV SUV.

Rather than a BEV Mustang coupe, what about folding a BEV Shelby AC Cobra into the family  as an extreme mix of new and Retro.

I was thinking you’d keep all the existing mustangs and then the battery version would just be another trim. Better yet, redo the Shelby Daytona coupe and make it a performance ev.

colors...Grabber Blue, avail on GT and First Edition, Star White, Select, premium, California RTe1, GT, Shadow Black, Select, Premium, Cal Rte1, GT, Iconic Silver, Select, Premium, Cal Rte1, GT, Rapid Red...all configurations, Carbonized Gray, All trims, Space White? Select, Premium, Cal rte 1, Infinite Blue, Select, Premium, Cal Rte 1, GT.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, novanglus said:

Worked for Jeep and Ram.  It can work here.

what exactly has jeep and ram done? Ram is an actual brand now so it’s completely different. The Dodge Ram 1500 (dodge was the brand and ram 1500 was the vehicle name) is now the Ram 1500 (ram is the brand and 1500 is the vehicle name). Ram as a vehicle name no longer exists. Ford is taking an existing vehicle name and slapping it on other products.

7 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I was thinking you’d keep all the existing mustangs and then the battery version would just be another trim. Better yet, redo the Shelby Daytona coupe and make it a performance ev.

You’ll get part of your wish with coyote hybrid, let’s see how that goes first.

18 minutes ago, snooter said:

I would just like to know tow rating of the mach...tesla is tow rated...lack of pure tech specs on the mach really concerns me also ...no reason for that unless you want to hide the fact your not as good as the other guy

So, what is the Tesla model y rated for. I found lots of speculation?

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think Cali's issues aren't exactly power generation, but maintenance of the areas around the power lines-i.e. cutting trees down around power lines and stuff like that.  

I thought they were way down on generation and were buying most of their power from out of state?  Demand > Supply

35 minutes ago, sullynd said:

While I have reserved a Mach, I could see Bronco winning me over once it’s unveiled. 

Just a feeling but I think a lot of people like you are gonna go aww F.... when they see Bronco, especially the higher series.....

easy solved, just get both ?

Edited by jpd80